Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Assassin's Creed: Librulation

2014-02-03_00002.jpg

2014-02-03_00004.jpg

2014-02-03_00010.jpg

2014-02-04_00006.jpg

2014-02-04_00015.jpg

2014-02-04_00019.jpg

2014-02-04_00024.jpg

Comte

My mixed 3rd and 4th level party completely killed by poison breath attack from this green dragon near the Keep on the Borderlands

i7TfCIWa2x5LN.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How is it? Is it better or worse than AC4? Is it worse than AC3? Not touching it with a 9000-foot stick if so.

So far it seems what you'd expect from a Vita title, i.e. mediocre and pretty limited in scope. Also the plot seems to be really dull. I do find it somewhat entertaining to derp around in New Orleans but only because AC is kind of my guilty pleasure lately and I want to play this one before I play AC4 (which is supposedly good but which I haven't played yet).

I'm only about 2 hours in so I'll see if it improves further down the road, but based on my experience so far I wouldn't recommend it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was so hyped with that game, only to discover that controls on PSP (console, not emulator) is so shitty that totally turn me off from it.:roll:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
0_0.jpg

typical Redneck pastime activity

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I had a ... visitor in my appartment

0_0.jpg

fock da poliz!

Blonsky

Prophet
I played it before but dont remember finishing all the campaigns.
c0pj4hi.png

Exploring some ruins like some Raider of Tombs.
SObD0tZ.png

What does a tailor know.
Eo3Bulr.png

CGACd2D.png

He semed so friendly at the begining.
lFqERIC.png

spekkio

Arcane
Tomb Raider - Underworld

Let's talk about gameplay today... :roll:

There are 3 types of levels in this game.

1) Thought-out and satisfying:

svo00dE.jpg

Despite looking hard, this part is quite easy. Frequent savepoints make things less frustrating.

fpLK26S.jpg

tidoA5h.jpg

:thumbsup:

2) Banal shit boring:

MOCncKb.jpg

Mostly linear corridors with nothing except enemies (no jumping, no puzzles).

:decline:

3) Retardingly unbalanced and untested:

m8sma6z.jpg

You have to use this moving "hammer" to reach the other side of the room. Too bad that depending on her starting height (level you start jumping from), Lara can either:
a) jump onto the top of the hammer -> death due to slipping and falling down
b) grab the upper ledge -> success!
c) grab the lower ledge -> oops, it's unclimbable! Try again!

:roll:

BcYdVHb.jpg

Using the grapple is probably the worst ever. To gain momentum you have to face the wall you're grappled to, but to jump left/right you have to change camera's position first, facing the direction of your planned jump. I'm not sure how it works on a gamepad, but when using a mouse I'm dying most of the time.

sjX0Qaf.jpg

Ah, the camera... :cry:
Lara's sitting at the edge of an abyss, but I can't check what's below her, since moving the camera further "down" is impossible (the wall above her blocks the view).

So, maybe at least the combat is decent?

cQ3658e.jpg

DUN DUN

YpIIv98.jpg

e2EnOA3.jpg

DRAMATIC MUSIC!!!

2WBdLXb.jpg

Unfortunately, the enemy got stuck on a small shelf (couldn't perform attack animation?), and I was able to kill him without loosing any HP.

Controls?

PiR3Adt.jpg

Well, here you have to hand-climb the moving chain, or you'll fall down. Too bad that 90% of the time Lara will climb the top of the chain, instead of keeping the hand-climbing. Enjoy repeating this part over and over.
Oh, the next part is even worse.

First, you have to use a special move (start climbing the horizontal pole and quickly jump forward) to traverse the next set of grinders.

FAzA3ZU.jpg

I had to consult the FAQ to learn how to continue, since I was certain I'm doing something wrong or there's some glitch here.

But wait, there's more! You have to climb the final moving hammer and drop down to the walkway below (at a prosper moment).

cQpzxRr.jpg

Missed the ledge? Enjoy starting over from before the grinder. Quicksaves are so 1995, after all.

:bravo:

How in the name of god was this section able to slip through the testing phase, is beyond me. Assuming this game was actually tested at all...

rambo.gif

But if you successfully finish this room, without uninstalling the game and/or killing yourself, it's time for moar story!

IF9j5Ht.jpg

l4G8gt1.jpg

:hmmm:

ioy680u.jpg

ajW3sqY.jpg

B73EfzO.jpg

Thor-The-Dark-World-Kat-Dennings.jpg

yxukqi9.jpg

yYzsXNz.jpg

1072.gif

vVxzknV.jpg

WTF_0cacf8_1206267.gif

Nf8gD0d.jpg

:yeah:

JoUqzSS.jpg

Wait... Haven't I played this level already?

:pete:

zwanzig_zwoelf

lithtech%202014-02-06%2016-02-03-83.png

lithtech%202014-02-06%2016-02-12-06.png

How rude.

Meanwhile in Metro City...
Condemned%202014-02-06%2008-00-04-83.png

Condemned%202014-02-06%2010-21-38-38.png

Condemned%202014-02-06%2010-28-07-71.png

After killing tons of hobos, I meet my pretty princess.
Condemned%202014-02-06%2008-25-55-42.png

Come here, baby, let's have fun.
:love:

dextermorgan

Arcane
Couple of SS of Anachronox in 1920x1080. Could probably force some AA on that but don't really care to.

Q52NCqF.jpg

HBkctZq.jpg

Will post some nicer ones l8r.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom