Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Don Peste

Arcane
07ZNxUwPzfGj

Ba32GrQaZlNg

caPYfJI94HRr

AcELvqCpvvSp

m0bN71XQOGJJ

XZFobu6PrbiL

AcELvqCpvvSp

IKfd40Gwk2TF

uunJyQ4p1oWJ

zUuMy6x6klVM

H6xnwMPNioyc

zXDOb360bbgB

uxfahet9vsiG

i2nZrZPzg3Mj

2d4zymjjUFdi

sn30XOraFtOD

rVLKNdLKky6G

7fHh2wVRpzys

OebDyxMS2qeO

PYwnU1HvWZwm

w7jP33VgiRLr

cLf8T8hmSQNY

4x47mgPsIXvu

2xZvvqc2Fx1U

Essegi

Cipher
Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Last Door screenshots

I think I know why the game is so pixellated. It's so copyright holders can't see that the backgrounds are stolen from other games. There are at least 3 rooms there that seem like they're STRAIGHT out of Colonel's Bequest.

Don Peste

Arcane
Hipster design^2. Literally.
Hipstards... Hipstards never change.
It's not a bad game. The art could be better, yes. I like pixel art, but this one is not that is not detailed, but it looks lazy, or maybe just poor.
And the story doesn't really have anything interesting or new. But well, it's easy to play (And short). So it's not a bad choice to me when I have little time to spend.
So buy it when it gets bundled (Or just play the free version).

Zeriel

Arcane
I had a shareware version of it.

share-1v8srf.jpg

I wonder if registering still unlocks access to the developer's phone number :cool:

I remember an Ultima clone (Ultizurk? might be wrong) from the 90's being at this level of hilarity. Buying the game from the developer got you a handwritten note in the mail with a password that would unlock the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zeriel There was an entire generation of shareware titles that did that. Maybe even the shareware version of DOOM had a screen like that.

Zeriel

Arcane
Zeriel There was an entire generation of shareware titles that did that. Maybe even the shareware version of DOOM had a screen like that.

I remember the shareware era, but the up-and-up ones had generally a more sane way of doing it, like randomly generated codes in even the earliest Exile games. Or they actually sent you extra disks. "Here's a password that works for every copy of the game just the same, in a handwritten letter" was pretty funny to me, even at the time.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It reminds me of US release of Quake. Version 1.01 was available through phone and mail orders, and then on a shareware CD-Rom. Players needed to purchase the CD-Rom and then call id to receive an alphanumeric code that would "unlock" the shareware CD-Rom and install the full version of Quake. Purchasers could also then order a full version of the Quake on an "unlocked" CD-Rom for an additional amount.

Shareware was the best thing ever, if you wanted to try diffrent games and genres. I probably spent more time of some of them than the full versions.

Essegi

Cipher
Kerkerkruip | The interactive fiction roguelike
What? The interactive fiction roguelike?
Well, i don't know many randomized text based adventures mixed with roguelikes (and true roguelikes, not as these day that all isometric/platformer games with some touch of permadeath are claimed to be roguelikes).
Guess what? That works, and works well.

ib2RRSNdwX955.png

Meh, permanent attribute damage, bitches! But it's a roguelike! There are also Nethack-style named scrolls.
Concentrate is a main action used to have better hit chances.

ibv3FXABEHKn6J.png

Map, displays encouters and where they are if still alive

iPOmQriJBGiQl.png

With proper items there's stealth. Useful to concentrate before strike (you can concentrate only if enemies are there).

ibigZeniclj0TN.png

Defeating enemies grants new powers (passive or attive) and health recover. But you lose powers of lower level already gained (and since higher level enemies are dangerous...).

iITUI7MU3e8lM.png

Killing "master of puppets" and gaining friends...

ibpCce6nqgMdL2.png

There's a religious system.

i725oZ9iNOb2c.png

Vandalism helps sometimes (i had an hint before).

ibyIG2KnGZpYX2.png

Some magic items are interesting

iMTv4EL3iNQYT.png

Interaction with environment isn't bad at all.

This plays really really nice, commands and interface are very good. There are some useful commands as "remember" that remembers visited rooms (there's the map too) or go to xxx, xxx is a location/monster already encounterd, and you move a step to xxx location, or if you have 2 daggers and type "look dagger" the game lists wich sword avaliable for selection with numbers (see pic 8), if proposed exits of rooms are nemad that means that you have already visited them. All small things that enhance the experience.
Maybe it's not a massive game (i didn't beat it but the dungeon isn't huge), but better a short quality game than a massive dull one.

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
Other old screens i have...
Y6MNr.jpg

wOVK6.jpg

IQJVv.jpg

LWR9u.jpg

dxIQn.jpg

You fucking bastard!!!
The reason i wandered always with fireball ready for all characters!

Fl0kl.jpg

qoiub.jpg

xUz2P.jpg

eRVjk.jpg

WGLSJ.jpg

QHGYL.jpg

54i5p.jpg

Ri948.jpg

cT76B.jpg

Shit happens...

sU5Cp.jpg

YMOHN.jpg

uEaB0.jpg

t22ow.jpg

2fblG.jpg

jDNln.jpg

EntEJ.jpg

8cYVO.jpg

JP16A.jpg

hE5R8.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom