Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Essegi

Cipher
Knights of the Chalice
Damn if i have enjoyed that game!

ibxPiOCPi0uz0X.png

Lol help means you fight, we watch.

i28bnbVPcfh7T.png

That was really annoying... Caught by surprise and bad terrain...

ixUjV2TdNrKmC.png

I remember i had hard time here...

ijD608QxP5XCC.png

High level demons. They always act badass, but they've been kicked in the ass!

ibrEKR5dOi499A.png

Dragon, giants, elementals, what could you want more?

ibfkOkRrwzF0uq.png

Not that hard, but 3 dragons are impressive to behold.

iLYfnk86VvUKI.png

High level mage arsenal. Death and destrucion for all! Charme school is really powerful in that game.

i9AG9el0b5m2j.png

Auto routes are very good.

izJdWodOr3JS8.png

Maybe raw damage isn't always the best option... But in situations like that sure is trusty!:D

Last battles:
ib6ujDReqmNzi.png

Battle against the dragon for the princes...
CR 25 + loads of minions against lvl 20 party... That's hard. If i hadn't dance spell i don't know how i would have handled that.

ibh0CKSD70okQF.png

The true last fight! That's a blast! Loads of high level bad guys. Imho by far the hardest encounter of the game.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
I've always had a soft spot for vanilla's water.
:love:
Took latest MGE beta to sway me - even though it still can't fully match the feel of vanilla's water when it rains.

Better than usual as far as texture replacers go (as in "not *immediately* puke-inducing"), but really now, that inn sign?
:decline:
799px-MW-place-Lucky_Lockup.jpg

I see a lot of extra buildings, BTW - what mods/anything interesting?

tred

Augur

Better than usual as far as texture replacers go (as in "not *immediately* puke-inducing"), but really now, that inn sign?

I see a lot of extra buildings, BTW - what mods/anything interesting?

I agree with you, the inn sign is crappy! I didn't like it too. But there are some others signs that are cool, so I've gone with it...hmmm...but maybe I will search around again.
The texture replacer is Darker Morrowind, which I found to be really great FPS-wise. Morrowind keeps its beauty and my ten year old rig can run it perfectly (some Gothic II vibes, a darker atmosphere).
The building mods are the "Epic" series :oops:. They give the illusion of a bigger town in Balmora, Ald ruhn and Sadrith Mora. It really is more immersive, the city looks more like a true city...but of course, it doesn't change the game much (alone).
Anyway, I am playing with Tamriel Rebuilt, so it's getting better. The cities are beautifully crafted. Firewatch for example has a better exterior/interior design than most (if not all) of Morrowind cities.
Besides that, there is the eating/sleeping mod Necessities of Morrowind 3.0, which is great.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Yep. I enjoy it more than the original Shadowrun Returns campain. The mission design is better, the locations are less "streamlined", there are more ways to achive your objective (you have the oportunity to resolve some situations in a non violent way depending on your chracter skills). Of course its still fairly straightforward. The story also seems to be more interesting and consistent(so far, I haven't finished the game yet) than "Dead Man's Switch" and the characters have more personality, though the interaction with them reeks a bit of Bioware games. If you liked Shadowrun Returns you should give it a try.
EDIT: They also removed those retarded checkpoints, you can save any time you want this time.

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
Mata Hari -Courtezane symulator
Nsq3tZC.jpg

Need to smalltalk with everyone.
yv60fhR.jpg

An interesting offer.
KeDTZPm.jpg

Getting rid of the mistress to get alone with the target and...
2Ge4amz.jpg

Le sighhh. Well lets look around his room then.
0ddhbTv.jpg

The game is full of manhating conversations like this. Just listen to this madam Courie.
Eh9OAJy.jpg

Getting arrested blackmailed recruited by the french side.
pl0A4h7.jpg

Improving my skills by avoiding enemy agents.
9PwIzAk.jpg

Earning some money by dancing.
a1odxvR.jpg

Failed a seduction.
F6CSozD.jpg

Ah, Berlin the city of people with spikes on their helmets.
2BTffo9.jpg

Its easy to unlock a safe when its owner talks in his sleep.
X3mGyjt.jpg

Sneaky, sneaky.
HBHn7da.jpg

Final score
Maxed out Spycraft and skills, but dancing is annoying so didn't earn allot of wealth.
hpAjn3U.jpg

Arrested, sentenced and shot to death. Nooooooo.
irOhfK2.jpg

Or is it.
7mQxGtH.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
A game about Mata Hari? How do you guys find this stuff?

Also it looks really interesting. :M

zwanzig_zwoelf

I never thought I'd brofist balmorar's pics but Doom 64 is amazing.
It seems like it supports dynamic lighting.
Those screenshots just scream for some really slight normal mapping to add some feeling of depth to the textures.

It's not like it doesn't look good without it.

Fun with Sword Coast Stratagems II with all sorts of bells and whistles installed. Screenshots have some HYOOOOGE time gaps in between them.

11121.jpg

First screenshot I decided to take, for some reason...no idea why. Fights like this one, that were generally trivial in vanilla BG2 have become a bit more interesting thanks to AI modifications and additional abilities/items. Fighters pick targets more intelligently, Thieves make ample use of potions of invisibility to backstab squishy party members, and casters can pre-buffto keep pace with the party. I used to be a strong purist when it came to BG2, and only installed the bare minimum of SCS components, but tried the gamut of options and mostly enjoy it.

11122.jpg

Dark Sun halfling fight becomes a bit more fun when their psion actually uses abilities intelligently rather than blowing his load on whatever summon-fodder you send ahead. Here you can see Insect Swarm wrecking house; these guys don't use Fire Shields, which SCS2 can modify to cancel out the effects of the spell. My purist side hated this at first, but it does make the spell a bit less overpowered against casters.

11123.jpg

11124.jpg

11125.jpg

Obligatory :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues: (jeez, that smiley code is long).

Party is generally towards the power-gaming end, picking more of the powerful NPCs. Edwin and Anomen are top-tier, Jaheira is no slouch, Yoshimo is swapped out later, and the other slot is usually a "rotating" one for quests and whatnot. Would really have liked either Keldorn of Aerie, the other two high-tier NPCs, but they conflict with "bad" Anomen and Edwin. End up settling on Viconia who is...okay, I guess. Might ditch her after the Underdark and pick up Jan or Haer'Dalis, but I am tempted to keep her in the party solely to do some Limited-Wish-As-Busted-Summon-Spell shenanigans in Throne of Bhaal.

Oh, and Berserker/Mage dual-class for the main character.

11126.jpg

Torgal "got gud". It's nowhere near as insane as the Improved Keep component of Tactics (the mod that encouraged my purist leanings), but does a decent job making the fight more interesting, mostly due to the addition of some backup in a tougher umber-hulk, some spirit troll shamans, and a couple of yuan-ti mages.

Speaking of the snakeman spell-slingers, those guys are nasty in SCS2, probably the toughest encounters in the early quests. If you install the component to increase the level-scaled spawns, for added difficulty, you'll often be facing 2+ mages in certain areas and they know how to protect themselves and sling spells quite well. Easily the biggest source of challenge from the particular mini-modification besides maybe the few Beholder encounters in the Unseeing Eye quest (that go from a couple Gauths to 3-5 "real" Beholders) or, if you're crazy and install the highly unrecommended version of the component, the liches that start jumping into scaled undead encounters.

11127.jpg

Butchering the Druid Grove because it's far more fun that having Jaheira/Cernd cast Ironskins, transform, and beat the shit out of Faldorn. By the way, Ceernd got kind of butthurt about this.

11128.jpg

Feels good to not be on the receiving end of ludicrous backstabs.

11129.jpg

This fucker became very nasty with SCS2. I installed the component to grant dragons/demons/celestials increased HP totals for shits and giggles...and it actually works pretty well for dragons. Two-hundred HP is a ton in P&P, but is quickly shredded by cRPG parties that are min-maxed and packing monty hauls of loot. Five-hundred is a bit faier to the dragon, while not being out of reach.

But what really makes that dragon a beast is how well it utilizes it's breath weapon. It aims it perfectly to do the most damage, and Shadow Dragons drain levels with their breath. Each use of the breath weapon is likely to kill 1-2 characters via hitting negative levels, else-wise incapacitate them as level 3 adventurers aren't much of a match for a dragon.

Had to hit it with the cocktail of Lower-Resistance and Greater Malison before launching as many disabling spells that it lacked immunities to. Dragons, ironically enough, are particularly vulnerable to fear effects, such as Spook or Insect Plague. Chain a few of those together and there's a bunch of time to whittle it's HP down. Burning through a lot of consumables (scrolls/wands/potions) and sacrificing Valygar and Mazzy were some of the other keys to victory.

Should be interesting to see how the other dragons play out. Saved Firkraag for later so Adalon is next on the chopping block. The black dragon should be particularly...fun.

11130.jpg

Like I said, inordinate screenshot gaps.

Drow are pretty difficult in SCS2, especially with Imoen and Viconia often being dead weight in many circumstances. Their spells would often be a waste, and their fighting abilities leave a lot to be desired. Edwin has stupid amounts of spells, so wasting a few is no big deal. Shepard, Anomen, and Jaheira all fight very well, and do the majority of heavy lifting against hardy, magic-resistant foes.

11131.jpg

11132.jpg

Simula-Shepard's first use. Hilarious, both in how effective a killing machine he is, and how the custom audioset sounds with the Simulacrum "slow down" effect. Two berserk, dual-weapon freakazoids much short work of what would otherwise be an incredibly tough battle.

Previously, in Chapter 3, I tried assaulting the mind flayer outpost in the sewers. That went poorly, suffering a lot of casualties in the two Ulitharid-filled rooms leading up the the end-chamber, which seemed pretty insurmountable. The Alhoon (an illithid lich, granted a heapload of extra abilities from an SCS2 component) can do a number on your party, mainly dispelling any instances of Chaotic Commands, allowing the Ulitharids and Umber Hulks to mess up your non-Berserker party members. The Greenstone Amulet, Brine Potions, and Simula-Shepard could come in awfully handy there upon return from the Underdark.

11133.jpg

First legitimate lich kill. The City Gates lich doesn't really count, as I cheesed it to death relatively early on (it's kind of a cheesy fight in general, what with the extremely small combat area), and the Nether Scroll lich isn't a "true" lich (however, SCS2 does give him some serious upgrades). Summons gummed up his Pit Fiend (or was it a Balor? I forget), allowing for pleny of time to dispel his layers of protection over and over again. All the summons also pushed his AI to use a Death Spell during his Time Stop to kill off the first wave of critters, rather than dropping Meteor Swarm or Abi Dhalzim's Horrid Wilting on the party.

Liches aren't afraid to use some nasty Spell Immunity setups with SCS2. SI: Divination and SI: Abjuration were both seen, one in pre-buffs and one stored in a Chain Contingency.

I hear the Shade Lich, Elemental Lich, Shangalar, and Kangaxx are particularly mean. Should be interesting.

11134.jpg

Fun little rumble here. A lot of the drow city fights have been overhauled a bit. This one added a few more Ghaunadaur Priests to the mix, but some of the other modifications are downright nasty. The fight with Qilue becomes a bit more hairy with, count them, five mages that can cast 8th level spells. And the optional raid on House Jae'llat has a bunch of extra guards (11th level drow fighters with ~100 hp), priestesses, mages, and a named archmage to spice things up. It's downright nuts...in a good way.

One component even adds additional spawns to the defense of the drow city should the disguise be blown or the player decides to waltz in sans Silver Dragon shenanigans. The mod creator designed it to be nigh unbeatable. That only makes me want to try it later on.

11135.jpg

Gentlemen, BEHOLD!...

...cheesy monster infighting.

Beholders gain tremendously from SCS2. No longer are they cheesetastic monsters that are flummoxed by a simple Spell Turning/Deflection. No, now there are floating orbs of cheese that make extremely effective use of their Anti-Magic Ray in order to clear out anything that might be in the way of half-a-dozen painful eye rays. Fighting them profitably is difficult.

Regular Beholders and Gauths aren't too bad in smaller numbers, but the Hive Mother added in by an optional component of SCS2 is really difficult. Constantly casts stoneskin, has insane defenses, and can even regenerate. Taking her down is tough, and she can dish it out with Death/Stone rays after using Anti-Magic.

The component also, logically enough, places the Elder Orb deeper in the dungeon, so I have yet to fight one of those.

This is a really excellent rebalance of the content, so far. We'll see how it holds up in the endgame of SoA and through Throne of Bhaal.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
man Sims 1 is a nice experiment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom