Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Toukiden: Kiwami's fucked up PC port, in glorious 10 FPS
:yeah:

:salute:
I've heard a lot of people complain about the 30 fps lock, but it runs at a vsynced 30 fps without any drops for me (I've only played a couple of missions, though). The game is fun but also very slow-paced, even compared to MH. My computer is very middle-of-the-road by now (i5 3570K, gtx 770, 8gb ram); do you have an ATI card by chance?

Dat PSX-grade ground texture.:lol:

Yup. Though like I said, I had to put texture quality on low.

Not that it helped.
Be happy, if you get more than 30fps, the game becomes unplayable due to the fact that the speed of the game is tied to the numer of frames per second you get, so on 60fps the game runs twice as fast, and on 120... well... If you want to have a laugh you can take a look at TotalBiscuits video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pD0S2ux6go
It's not that simple, the only reason the game went above 30fps for him is because he was using G-Sync, so it's something the vast majority of people won't experience. Still a shitty port, but let's not misrepresent the issue.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've heard a lot of people complain about the 30 fps lock, but it runs at a vsynced 30 fps without any drops for me (I've only played a couple of missions, though). The game is fun but also very slow-paced, even compared to MH. My computer is very middle-of-the-road by now (i5 3570K, gtx 770, 8gb ram); do you have an ATI card by chance?

Nope, a 2gb NVIDIA, an i7, and 8 gb RAM. Still, can't even get 30 FPS.

Which is a shame, since I really want to play this game.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Not that it helped.
Be happy, if you get more than 30fps, the game becomes unplayable due to the fact that the speed of the game is tied to the numer of frames per second you get, so on 60fps the game runs twice as fast, and on 120... well... If you want to have a laugh you can take a look at TotalBiscuits video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pD0S2ux6go
It's not that simple, the only reason the game went above 30fps for him is because he was using G-Sync, so it's something the vast majority of people won't experience. Still a shitty port, but let's not misrepresent the issue.
Yeah, probably because most of the people cant event get this shit to 30fps, right?

Not that it helped.
Yeah, probably because most of the people cant event get this shit to 30fps, right?
Well, they're two separate issues - one, that because of shitty optimization a lot of people are not able to play at 30 fps, and two - that because of some unforeseen interaction with G-Sync, the game's 30 fps cap isn't enforced, and it simply doesn't work above 30 fps due to physics etc being locked to that framerate. That's what I mean by not misrepresenting it. A shitty port is a shitty port regardless.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Hm, what nvidia card exactly?

I didn't remember it off the top of my head so I checked and it's GTX 860M. I don't know if it's good in absolute terms, but it suffices for all other games.

Hm, what nvidia card exactly?

I didn't remember it off the top of my head so I checked and it's GTX 860M. I don't know if it's good in absolute terms, but it suffices for all other games.
Yeah, I'm not trying to justify their port at all, please don't misunderstand me, I was just curious. By all means it should run maxed out on 4x the framerate it does on a lesser machine than yours, it's a shame. I wouldn't hold my breath about them fixing it, though.

Edit: Maybe try forcing threaded optimization on through nvidia control panel? Some stuff to try here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/363130/discussions/0/523890046878853610/#p1

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Back to screenshots !

Usty9OQ.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the hell is that?

http://www.adventuregamers.com/games/view/17392

CcSuQeL.jpg

Ux3Jij5.jpg

zehC9e4.jpg

cEc4rIX.jpg

qZtOfj3.jpg

6zzAXlZ.jpg

Expansion packs are better than the base game. They have new cool weapons and monsters plus they are overall harder due to the amount of encounters.

Plus Hard+ difficulty is nice and hp bloat isn't horrible.

Differences introduced in Hard+ include faster enemy attacks and enemies with more health (one example of this is the Carrier, who has 3,000hp in Hard but 4,000hp in Hard+). But the main difference is that monsters will never go into pain (unlike in Quake 1 where enemies went into pain the first time you hit them)

Bahamut

Arcane
It itches me to get this, long time i havent played a MMO,
This is buy once + microtransactions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom