Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
RoTT stuff

I played this game somewhat back in the day, but never finished it beyond the shareware episode. Can't even remember fighting a boss in the game.

The Aeons of Death mod for Doom, however, has the RoTT 'roster' - all the enemies and all the bosses. How many times I've heard "They'll bury you in a lunchbox!" through the years. (And yes, even there the wheelchair-bound guy looks stupid.)

El Oscuro in AoD is an absolute bitch to kill. There are two versions, and one of them drops the God Mode weapon from RoTT, which I believe is the only weapon from RoTT included in the mod besides the dual-wielding pistols. The God Mode is a 'one-shot kills all'-grade weapon, but it's not as effective in clearing crowds as it is in RoTT. By comparison, AoD has a rocket launcher (the Redeemer) with a massive recoil that launches the Nuclear Missiles from Shadow Warrior, so make sure you're on the other end of the map before firing. El Oscuro needs two shots from that to die.

(I don't know of the worm version of El Oscuro is in AoD - and frankly I don't want to find out.)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kathy Rain

14788.jpg

Bonus points for a Full Throttle homage

14789.jpg

14790.jpg

14791.jpg

:thelonggame:

14792.jpg

14793.jpg

Dad telling it like it is.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's not actually a real postcard. The game can be psychedelic like that.

Unrelatedly, this moment amused me:

14794.jpg

pippin

Judging by the looks of the main character, this game seems to be a lo fi Grey Matter,at least in atmosphere.

Blonsky

Prophet
Siralim
And now for something really ugly.

So its a mix of pokemon and dungeon crawler game.
Your creatures follow your character in the conga line behind you.
rHtiamd.jpg

You go into different realms and collect materials and extract creature cores to make your own creatures to put into your party.
The realms are random generated and get harder as you progress and it takes alot of collecting materials to upgrade your castle.
9DVHFxX.jpg

The battle is basic, at first look, your creatures gain experience, level up and can carry an item to be stronger.
pS7tGuX.jpg

But each creature has a special ability and most of them are useful in some circumstances, or extremely useful in combination with other creatures abilities, and some of them are just OP.
Xx6lCjM.jpg

All monster parties are random and most of them are easy to take down, but sooner or later you come to a combination of monsters whose abilities are just ridicules and your level, items or skills just cant help you that much.
Two Royal Phoenix have 50% chance to resurrect when killed, Cinder Devil gives everyone around him splash attack and the two Imler creatures give 50% bonus defense and heals to each other.
LE3DAqt.jpg

There is also a quest on each realm but also mini quests, like assasins that attack you with a stronger party.
And fail.
3fFe6BT.jpg

I have put around 40hr into this game that has terrible graphics, is really a big grindfest and has only a tutorial for a story, but trying out parties with different combination of creatures and their abilities with over 300 creatures in the game and no level cap, makes it really addictive and a big time waster.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The soundtrack to Crusader: No Remorse is awesome, but my fondest memories of the game came when I was playing it with the radio on, and the most vivid song I recall was this one, which I feel fits the game...sorta. Kind of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom