Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
We’re watching your scum, scum.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One of my first RTS games, I played the shit out this back in the day. Way ahead of its time in many ways, too bad the ai is inactive in most missions because it can play normally (try the second to last Eaggra mission). The sequel unfortunately ruins the alien setting, combining the 4 races into 2 factions to make room for humans.

Have some screenshots from this weird weeb game I just finished yesterday. It's pretty good.

mxftakf.png

rgJ60Es.png

484XlDf.png

dlRIqa0.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Way ahead of its time in many ways, too bad the ai is inactive in most missions because it can play normally
I noticed that. The AI seems to be prioritising the guy he spotted first no matter what. Even if the spotted guy jumped out of your range ages ago and instead another guy jumped into your range to shoot you.
JumptroopandShamali.jpg

I think they did it on purpose though. There is some weird quirks about controls and unit behaviour.
Like, you can't order your guys to attack everyone in their path.
Or the fact that your troops won't attack the spotted enemy unless directly ordered to or if the spotted unit in question attacks them first.
Spells and abilities like battle cry can only be used if you select a single unit with that spell/ability. You can't order your two jump troops to jump simultaneously and it's a bit difficult to cast anything in the chaos of combat(the big one especially).
Yeah, i think i would be proud no more if the AI was more active.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Did Evil's Doom just jump the shark?

d7c5juy.png

I'm getting some MM7 vibes here; facing sharks and exploring what seems to be either an air or space craft submerged in water.

Also, like in Black Crypt I needed to find water breathing equipment on a previous level.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The controls are clunky, yeah. With the ai I meant that most maps are more puzzle-like instead of the classic RTS formula: build a base > defend ai attacks > attack enemy base. In War Wind the the ai usually just sits there and waits for you and the challenge is to use the limited resources to accomplish the goal. But there is at least one mission where the ai builds, mines and trains armies to attack you, and it's probably the most difficult in the game.

some CoE 4:

I think it's only the second time I've ever hired one of these guys
gqypU2p.jpg

You can never keep a gold mine for long
FsR0Y1V.jpg

RpdoCDn.jpg

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Dat font
cE2PFq2.png

ShareX is definitely a better program to capture screenshots than the Quick Screen Capture
PqcYzj0.png

NAZaKZB.png

CKDaMHt.png

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
great visuals, great soundtrack, amazing atmosphere.

this game's a walking simulator for the first 1 and a half hours. but after that it slowly transforms into a third-person-shooter-/stealth-hybrid.

sXW1dDv.jpg

WHZdABR.jpg

c72LvcS.jpg

1cd5qZQ.jpg

Tvn0XUm.jpg

Ens5Nud.jpg

o3xTQGt.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
great visuals, great soundtrack, amazing atmosphere.

this game's a walking simulator for the first 1 and a half hours. but after that it slowly transforms into a third-person-shooter-/stealth-hybrid.

sXW1dDv.jpg

WHZdABR.jpg

c72LvcS.jpg

1cd5qZQ.jpg

Tvn0XUm.jpg

Ens5Nud.jpg

o3xTQGt.jpg

The palace looks eerily similar to the one in Magnetic Rose, the opening segment of Katsuhiro Otomo’s Memories.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Trying Caverns of Xaskazien 2
I don't know what is a good combo for beginners and will it be to my taste, so i decided to trust the random button.
4IkwYpQ.png

Elf focused on might and magic with bonuses to gaining friendship points with gods and to fighting against undead, but so fragile that any butterfly attempting to sit on him is fatal and one bottle of cider is enough to get him dead drunk even with 50% poison resistance.
Looks fun. I chose the defensive focused Lastavian/ark for him because it's apparently an elven god.
Already putting an anti-undead training to use
xKigPiE.png

This guy doesn't look too dangerous
jBwUDe0.png

The fight didn't go that well though, so i decided to retreat
ElPYpkY.png

Found cider
Ehn9nMF.png

And imp
kCWyToX.png

I decided to retreat and drink the cider. I don't want to get jumped by someone strong while i am in the weakened state. And i don't to waste the holy water on imp.
Here is my attempt to fight an imp while being dead drunk from one bottle of cider.
dMGiNsd.png

I ended up being teleported
7jEMpPN.png

Not that far though
OJMTzGQ.png

:philosoraptor:
1nUUgyc.png

Getting an enchantment on my sickle is nice and i am a good elf who likes doing good acts, what can go wro
Y7CZr16.png

:thisisfine:
I found a more accurate pitchfork after all
W1rGhGT.png

And i am going to use it on the grue who hurt me in the beginning
r8SHSzD.png

wXZFssh.png

In retrospective, i should have used the flaming darts way earlier in this fight or from the very beginning, but i was to stingy with my spell points.
While my honour as an elf was preserved, this fight left me with one hp. Olagas suffocated shortly after.
C5Els3Z.png

My next attempt will probably be a bit more serious

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I am also going through the other WarWind campaigns step by step.
OjkP2gC.png

StLAKGM.png

tb4R8kj.png
gP6JFjb.png

The third obblinox mission is a complete bullshit. Briefing tells me that i should build my base atop the ruins. The fact that the ruins are full of snipethorns is not the problem, they won't attack you unless provoked and if you watch your workers carefully. It's a huge group of Shama'li that will attack you shortly after before you can even gather resources for your inn that is the problem. Using battlecry or trying to build an offensive fence does not help.
Anyway, i also tried the Shama'li campaign
fChfnDF.png

lgIE2WG.png

I like how some of their reasearch needs to be done through the use of the insight spell, which kills the one who casted it.
M2sbIGB.png

These Shama'li really dislike whoever enters their sacred ruin.. wait a second.
Could it be that me entering those ruins is what triggers the early raid in that Obblinox mission? Maybe i should just try to build the base in some other place? I need to check this.
Edit: Nah. But i think i broke the trigger by building the wall.
WOiQONM.png

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
And so Evil was Doomed.

uFaZe9O.png

TyHozLf.png

He was a wimp.
The only really difficult enemy was this guy:
9ONiGpu.png

...long, long, long philosophical talk with Death...

An hour later:
84DeiC9.png

HkyCVn3.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom