Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
KKK must flow

yxEZ2.jpg

Soo... how exactly is he holding that gun?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Getting close to the end...

49WyO.png

I hate salamanders.

96Efp.png

Now, that's one nice looking mine.

ecg5I.png

The only good bug...

VA5PP.png

...is a dead bug.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I could watch those IWD screenies all day!
Also nice to see someone still playing in original resolution like me. :)

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
FUU- check that whale, man 2d gfx are just the shit (in a good way) call me a nostalgiafag but I hope this can be somewhat reproduced in the upcoming revival of crpg games.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Your screens made me want to restart the game. I would probably want to play the game with less than six characters, because I find RTWP terribly hectic and annoying the more characters I have to control. How viable is your four character approach? Do you have to cheese your way through? Without a printed manual and extensive AD&D experience I wouldn't want to gimp myself too hard.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
How viable is your four character approach?
Playing with four characters is very viable. The game is not too hard so four characters are enough to go through it. I would not recommend the way I did it (I deliberately did a pure "fighter-cleric-thief-wizard" party because... I felt like it), pure cleric and pure thief are a waste of potential you'd rather play a fighter/cleric (for a spellcasting tank that actually hits back) and fighter/thief (for a really good archer). Mono-classed thief, in particular, is really a waste in D&D, that's why I dual classed mine into a fighter after 6 levels of thief. I really wanted to start with a "pure" D&D party, but I knew that a "pure" thief with its measly 2 attacks per round with a short bow, crappy THAC0 and shitty tank potential wouldn't cut it, or at the very least, piss me off to no end. I also used the "max hit points per level" option which may be considered "cheesy" but really helps when playing a reduced party. Plus, with 2ed D&D, it only affects the first ten levels.
Anyway, the "four on the floor" approach should be manageable even if you are not a D&D expert, just make sure you spend some time "re-rolling" at character creation to get really good stats.

xYevn.png

Svirfneblin sculptors.

And two shots from the svirfneblin village, I love the little fuckers...

mOSq7.png

pFE5K.png

Tel Velothi

Cipher
rmwwn.jpg

Random "texture swap". It happens sometimes to me in UT. Playing normally, suddenly game freezes for about 3 seconds and then textures are swapped. :D It's not annoying it makes the game more lulzy - good thing it's not too often. It also happens to me sometimes in San Andreas, but it's rather rare.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
How viable is your four character approach?
Playing with four characters is very viable. The game is not too hard so four characters are enough to go through it. I would not recommend the way I did it (I deliberately did a pure "fighter-cleric-thief-wizard" party because... I felt like it), pure cleric and pure thief are a waste of potential you'd rather play a fighter/cleric (for a spellcasting tank that actually hits back) and fighter/thief (for a really good archer). Mono-classed thief, in particular, is really a waste in D&D, that's why I dual classed mine into a fighter after 6 levels of thief. I really wanted to start with a "pure" D&D party, but I knew that a "pure" thief with it's measly 2 attacks per round with a short bow, crappy THAC0 and shitty tank potential wouldn't cut it, or at the very least, piss me off to no end. I also used the "max hit points per level" option which may be considered "cheesy" but really helps when playing a reduced party. Plus, with 2ed D&D, it only affects the first ten levels.
Anyway, the "four on the floor" approach should be manageable even if you are not a D&D expert, just make sure you spend some time "re-rolling" at character creation to get really good stats.
Thanks for the input. I started a game with a fighter, a fighter I'm going to dual into cleric, a fighter/thief and a mage. I also played around with the auto-pause settings for the first time (and I've played IE games since around 2003) and it's much more enjoyable now. Let's see if I'll be able to finish it this time.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I should also try playing with autopause settings, maybe next time. I tried it a long time ago when I first discovered RTwP and hated it, but it felt even worse.
No cleric at start may prove tricky, turn undead being very useful in the first dungeons and healing potions being quite underpowered in this game. It's doable, I did a no spellcaster run once, but you'll end up sleeping for weeks between fights which I somehow didn't like for obvious LARPing reasons.

Good luck anyway and have fun !

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Penultimate batch of screenshots.

1LTRN.png

Restored arboretum.

bcpTW.png

The guard tower, a safe, if grim-looking, resting place.

9BvSw.png

Sea of lava, lava boat, fire giant. Pure D&D.

aOOG4.png

None shall pass !

pdVbv.png

M'kay ?

VrpB5.png

Dead undead.

ebkt4.png

Coward.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Operation Hiking

Random Chernarus shot
1jgT0.jpg

Throwing javelins in some southern american shithole
f3WTQ.jpg

AIs found a nice overwatch spot in holes of the destroyed truck on Shapur
MzI3x.jpg

Extraction convoy in Fallujah
ojnvo.jpg

Travelling through Hazar-Kot Valley
IGuuG.jpg

F8u6L.jpg

A mission in Korengal valley, Afghanistan
K1vlE.jpg

FiedS.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
8h0ac.png

Shortly afterwards, Metal Hull Doughnut (MHD) Codexia died horribly. Fucking firebombs right after I wasted all my scrap upgrading my generator and shields. Should've prioritized more power bars to weapons so I could bring my big gunz to bear faster. :(
The worm in the weapons room is a new species. Never seen those before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom