Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
roQ34cs.png

UzR95P6.png

NeevbTK.png

wJ0eQPY.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
ToEE Co8 New Content version

Gee, I wonder what's the postgame new content in this mod and why nobody talks about it?
ptFlUeS.jpg

oh

117Ol5F.jpg

oh god

KBUIDQL.jpg

OH HELL NO

It sucks. New city of Vebobonc sounds cool but walking around is soul draining experience, it even worse than Hommlet in that regard.

There was one cool quest - to solve kidnapping case. Turns out the whole action take place in the sewers, and they're as big as the city itself. I'm still impressed, in not a good way, they pulled something like this and not a single time get though that there is something wrong with some concepts and desings.

Second screenshot is Hickory Branch and there is more enemies than the whole Temple, its surroundings and dungeons contain.
And you often hit the limit of active critters in combat, that's how many of them are there. 30% giants, 30% bugbears, and the rest is gnolls, orks and other crap.

P.good game that have two mods and both sucks, amazing.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You already fight with one (Iuz itself) and he beat the living shit out of your 10th (max available in vanilla game) level party so much that other god had to stop him.
People who stick with 10th level through the new content must be nuts.

Last edited:

Mikeal

Arcane
Ravioli, ravioli poor Spider Lady is stuckoli.
UdH8lba.jpg

I don't know why but "Cryptic Passage" gave me strong "Thief" vibes.
lmnFadq.jpg

When you're playing so good, you broke game's limitations.
3rQ9y0h.jpg

I bet it's under patronage of Saint Nonspecificus?
HfK70Hy.jpg

Turns out when I blow hole in the wall, I didn't fill chasm with water but moved ground up.
gru8yRA.jpg

Oh yes my ancient and worst enemy - doors.
PCZbCth.jpg

Everybody say that "Cryptic Passage" is harder than rest of the game. Nosense it wasn't so ha... HOLY SHIT!
ovW6sho.jpg

Shubi dubi pa ram pam pam.
J6DjL5M.jpg

Ey baws maybe we should create some new, cool boss? Nah, lets put two Cerberuses, call them Lord of All Nightmares and call it a day.
EcFs3j5.jpg

Holy shit a cutscene!
oKTSkjo.png

eXalted

Arcane
Skyrim looks like shit. I've never tried to play it. What mods make it less shit? is it even possible?
It took some effort to make it look at least like that screenshot. The most popular texture mods + Silent Horizons ENB. Haven't run DynDOLOD yet, that's why the far away objects look crappy. There are no mods to fix the gameplay though.

lightbane

Arcane
Hamlet for PC-98, has a PS1 remake known as Space Griffon VF-9 (and a later version for Dreamcast and PC with improved graphics, but only the PS1 version is in English).

Interesting, the PS1 videos look cool, but horribly dated and poorly implemented controls and voice-acting. The Dreamcast version is way better but in moonrunes so it's pointless. Meanwhile, the PC-98 version looks like a completely different game. I also found what may or may not be zwan's youtube channel, considering the date the video was uploaded. But I digress.

Here are some pics for the DLC of West of Loathing, a game that is only slightly less obscure than Das Gesterchiff.
708321A8E0529EBE0EFB9485ED22AD55DAC3800A
50A13D8D8A603CAD56CADAA77F8D620615196924
BFE708691CB861B163E3DF83D786544270B1A1C1
968131FA04934F98C180C68AD7E07921C7CD8B3B

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Interesting, the PS1 videos look cool, but horribly dated and poorly implemented controls and voice-acting. The Dreamcast version is way better but in moonrunes so it's pointless. Meanwhile, the PC-98 version looks like a completely different game. I also found what may or may not be zwan's youtube channel, considering the date the video was uploaded. But I digress.
I'll probably upload a newer video w/ improved speed soon (tm).

But yes, controls in the PS1 version are terrible compared to PC and PC-98 version, but at least it uses character art from PC-98 version which looks kinda better than generic animu used in DC/PC versions.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Turning the Tables for Thief 1.
Interesting FM where you have to both kill and, since you're not allowed to blackjack the guards, ghost.
Also very good VA for an amateur.

Lord Bifford survived the fall from his balcony. So I went to the kitchen to make a well done Beeford.

se82sbG.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ah the classic polymorph 'I can do whatever fuck I want' warrior.
Too bad it's not Fane and Lone Wolf. Else Time Warp would've torn Lady Balance's asshole and turn her mouth into a vagina.

sser

Arcane
Developer
3SRHUxF.jpg

Company of Heroes 1

First time playing it. Pleasantly surprised.

One of the best RTS games ever made. Great singleplayer and multiplayer.

I've actually been meaning to get the Ardennes singleplayer game since I'm too old and shite for multiplayer anymore.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
that is an interesting statement to make cuz the singleplayer was mind-numbingly boring to me

i've never even finished the campaign even though i almost always see rtses to the end

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well I enjoyed. I even beat one of the missions using a ridiculous workaround: in one the objective was to fight toward a building/HQ of sorts and blow it up.

The mission was pretty difficult and I had a hard time making progress. What I realized though was if I sent a scout plane overhead they'd shoot it down and on its descent it would smash into the HQ and damage it. So I just sent repeated scout planes until it kamikazed the building to rubble and won that way.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The mission was pretty difficult and I had a hard time making progress. What I realized though was if I sent a scout plane overhead they'd shoot it down and on its descent it would smash into the HQ and damage it. So I just sent repeated scout planes until it kamikazed the building to rubble and won that way
Not many games with a Japanese campaign anyway.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Skyrim looks like shit. I've never tried to play it. What mods make it less shit? is it even possible?

It can't be done. Skyrim is broken in a fundamental level. To do so the mod tools would've to be more powerful than they are, and the engine itself can't handle drastic changes to the game.
Even with mods like Requiem, Wild Cat, AI mods, enemy mods and many others (Frostfall is a cool addition) will have a game that gameplay-wise is at best decent. Then you the content (quest, exploration, level design) that are so shit, the only way to fix those is making something from scratch (specially the quests).

If you're intent on trying out Skyrim, then play Enderal. It's a total conversion mod, and a good one at that.
Plus some mods to make it even better: Wild Cat Combat; TK Dodge; Attack Commitment (an essential paring for TK Dodge); Dynamic Shealth or Realistic AI Detection; Fire and Ice Overhaul; Ultimate Dragons; No red dots and location markers on compass; Enchanced Camera; No Essential City Guards (for Enderal). Also Frostfall if you're into survival mechanics.

Last edited:

Mikeal

Arcane
Playing "Blood" on Extra Crispy.
E1M1: Cradle to Grave
B4alSVM.jpg

E1M2: Wrong Side of the Tracks
7Bkuj4z.jpg

E1M3: Phantom Express
V5Fw2op.jpg

Top 10 screenshots made before slaughter.
e675klO.jpg

E1M4: Dark Carnival
Jz0SGH1.jpg

E1M8: House of Horrors
YZKHnjs.jpg

E1M5: Hallowed Grounds
0uc0Bwe.jpg

E1M6: The Great Temple
PHZuoym.jpg

Good, bad I pitchforked motherfuckers to death.
TfYwqOQ.jpg

If there are two bosses in boss level does it mean that in The Hall of the Epiphany I will fight with 2 Cheogs, 2 Shials, 2 Cerberuses and 2 Tchernobogs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom