Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Bloodstained

P9Wxtqy.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fuck you
zhDSOMh.jpg

and fuck you too
2Lxhw3L.jpg

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
yFOy5z8.jpg

Soloing is fun but tricky.
Two items, that are mandatory to progress, are class restricted.
It can mess with your character progress and else.

First - Serpent Wand is for magic users. Use it to summon Naga Queen for some test, gain access to lower levels of Serpent Temple.
Second - Pickaxe is for fighters, Dragon Armor too.
Beside that it's just steamrolling all enemies.
And Blessing items is just broken AF, as long as you have money you can create gear that put pathetic Marvin Sword to shame.

Also - GOG version is more borked than my retail version (from gaming magazine CDA).
Don't remember hitboxes being THIS broken. It makes access to Serpent Figurine nigh impossible.

other screenshots
DrnrLVC.jpg

18 is a max number for stats to raise with leveling and trainings.
For further boost up to 24 you need Ankhs, and there is a lot of them in the finale, with respawning mummies and large demons and some chests.
Attack speed is ridiculous, you can stun most enemies before they act. Not to mention spamming spells and attacking at the same time with one character.

vYEBRti.jpg

There is no slider for skills and traits, there is more traits than it shows here. Maybe... if there were some save editor to shows it up in one screenshot.

Got all 4 books to get Zenmaster promotion, got blocked by final boss from leaving the Pyramid.
Thanks, asshole.
Zenmaster is a jack-of-all-trades... and master of all. Figher, caster, thief... you name it. He can use items exclusive for one class, including instruments, lockpicks, katanas, wands, magic books and else.

nuS2rZh.jpg

what's vietcong doin here?

Some NPCs have special lines when you fail Pickpocket attempt
7fcKPlB.jpg

w6XTXOH.jpg

Boogre Cave is optional dungeon, never been there in my 1st playthrough.
pbXDEqx.jpg

CUrDUQH.jpg

5I33dAd.jpg

:shredder:
nmzAqkW.jpg

groovy
796hjC9.jpg

bxxAMRZ.jpg

UevD6kc.jpg

Vietcong in ancient pyramid
I've seen everything
ThFGPwf.jpg

true
4ImqEou.jpg

22bvG2h.jpg

*metal riffs starts playing*
z2VC1sA.jpg

edit
aight some GOGer posted old links to upgraded editor (otherwise you have to register on the ironworks forum, I'll pass) so I can see all my traits.
nrZeS5c.jpg

Started with Figher, went to Barbarian for more DMG, HP and... Traps&Locks. For some reason W&W let them pick locks and be a good fighers at the same time.
Switched to Bard (for Teleporting spells, also to use Serpent Wand), Samurai (for dual-wielding and Stone+Fire magic) then went Paladin (to use Pickaxe and Blessings in Priest Guild).

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
That girl is a cute
She also looks a bit retarded, but still a cute.

Comte

Which version of Steel panthers are you playing?

This looks like WinSPWW2 , specifically the scenario Monastery Hill where you storm a Greek fortified line with Italian infantry.

I saw a big long debate on another forum that said Steel Panthers is the closest you can get to Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) in a computer wargame. What do you guys think? I owned steel panthers when it first came out but barely remember it. I am pretty sure I was in High School when it was released so 20+ years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Which version of Steel panthers are you playing?

This looks like WinSPWW2 , specifically the scenario Monastery Hill where you storm a Greek fortified line with Italian infantry.

I saw a big long debate on another forum that said Steel Panthers is the closest you can get to Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) in a computer wargame. What do you guys think? I owned steel panthers when it first came out but barely remember it. I am pretty sure I was in High School when it wad released so 20+ years ago.

I never played ASL but Steel Panthers is one of the best PC wargames I played when it comes to detailed turn based battles. It does both small engagements and larger battles well, though the larger ones can get a bit tedious when you have to manage 100+ units.

Honestly you should just try out winSPWW2 and winSPMBT (WW2 is set in WW2, obviously, MBT is modern warfare from the 50s to today). They're free to download from the official website (I linked it up there in the post you quoted) but you can buy a boxed copy that has higher resolutions than the free version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom