Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Send help, I developed a simracing addiction

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Playing right now. Handling feels very good., and the island tracks are very cool.

Retardo

Learned

Good thoughts about simulation/design in motorbike games.

In one side we have the difference between car simulation, where with a wheel an pedals you get a good proximity to reality, at least for the simulation being fun and authentic at the same time.

On the other side we have the tryhard syndrome like in FPS "simulators" like Tarkov or Arma 3, where they put unrealistic amounts of weapon sway/recoil, because shooting the real thing is too easy, and they didn´t want to get accuse of being like COD, or worse, to "balance" weapons for PVP.

For me the balance in moto games should be have a good feedback of grip, braking and throttling, responsive handling, and good simulation of track conditions. Hope the new TT Isle of Man game releasing achieves that.

Its published by Nacon...
The devs are decent, but don't expect any post-release support or bug fixes, they'll run off to make the next game right after the release.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Good thoughts about simulation/design in motorbike games.

In one side we have the difference between car simulation, where with a wheel an pedals you get a good proximity to reality, at least for the simulation being fun and authentic at the same time.

On the other side we have the tryhard syndrome like in FPS "simulators" like Tarkov or Arma 3, where they put unrealistic amounts of weapon sway/recoil, because shooting the real thing is too easy, and they didn´t want to get accuse of being like COD, or worse, to "balance" weapons for PVP.

For me the balance in moto games should be have a good feedback of grip, braking and throttling, responsive handling, and good simulation of track conditions. Hope the new TT Isle of Man game releasing achieves that.

Its published by Nacon...
The devs are decent, but don't expect any post-release support or bug fixes, they'll run off to make the next game right after the release.

Game is very fun as it is. Enjoying it a lot.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
The SailGP simulator
sweatonmybrow.png

Perkel

Arcane
How to know a true sim racing alien ? His main mojo is sim racing and he treats F1 as side hustle XD And his is the multiple times champion...

Hobknobling

Learned
A decade apart, and we've only gone backwards.
iRacing is still the king of simulators and it was originally released in 2008.

Sports games mostly died or got mutated into live service gambling games for children by EA. Sports games used to be system sellers for many console generations and there used to be fierce rivalries like FIFA vs. Pro Evolution Soccer. I really don't fully understand what went so wrong that almost no new sports games are able to break the mold and become mainstays. I think the last racing game that has done that is the Dirt Rally -series from Codemasters and then they got almost instantly absorbed by EA. Even that series is basically just a continuation of Colin McRae Rally.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
How to know a true sim racing alien ? His main mojo is sim racing and he treats F1 as side hustle XD And his is the multiple times champion...

3 time world champion. The dude is so into it in the previous quali he raced with his mates overnight in the sim and came sleep deprived into f1.

Perkel

Arcane

3 time world champion. The dude is so into it in the previous quali he raced with his mates overnight in the sim and came sleep deprived into f1.

That's nothing. He won championship and very same night few hours after dude was racing in sim with people.

iRacing is still the king of simulators and it was originally released in 2008.

Asseto is king of sims. iRacing is king of virtual racing with great simulation underhood.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yeah Iracing just comes closest in physics. All racetracks are modelled closely after their real life counterparts with laserscanning.

Its just a shame iracing is so expensive. Right now i use Automobilista2 as it is the best for VR simracing.

Might resubscribe into Iracing when i have more time to play.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
These days i play old sims. Grand Prix 4 and Race07 mainly.
Race07 i still think is the best when it comes to touring car racing. The feel, the tracks, its awesome.
And Grand Prix 4 has the best AI its really fun to drive against it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom