Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man's Switch Original Campaign

made

Arcane
What's the difference between the difficulty modes?
That's what I'd like to know. Apparently you can't change the difficulty anymore once you start the campaign. So is normal = easy as usual?

Made a custom elf and dumped all points in charisma and chi/shaman thingy but I wonder if there's any point to min/max like this. Trolls look much cooler...

Branm

Learned
The game lacks tooltips.....ugh like there are none at all

Tooltips also too hard to implement for Mobile devs I suppose?

buzz

Arcane
That makes two DRM free versions

Heard that one pirated copy equals one lost sale. I'm going to pirate it once so I can get my money's worth back :troll:

Oh wow, I've tried the editor :(, this shit looks complicated. Thank god there's a wiki link in the help menu

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
l5Hgfht.jpg

what the hell. :retarded:

Nael

Arcane
I feel retarded, but, uh, how do I actually equip an armor I bought? It's in the stash now, but I can't access it

EDIT: THis belongs in the other thread :mad:

Can you access anything in your stash? I was under the impression from watching a LP that your stash was a static location you needed to return to grab things back out of it. I'm probably wrong though.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
SO, asking it here instead of the other thread, how do I actually equip a newly bought armor?

You drag it with your cursor.

Yet more traces of the garbage iPad interface. :roll:

I didn't need to drag anything.. I could access my stash when I bought a new pistol and just added the new armor to my inventory. Still, I wonder how I can manually access that stash somehow.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What's the difference between the difficulty modes?
That's what I'd like to know. Apparently you can't change the difficulty anymore once you start the campaign. So is normal = easy as usual?
Normal is 'very hard to die'. Fought 4 fights so far, my health never went below 50% and I don't use cover at all. My "tactic" is to run closer to the target and empty the shotgun at him. You'd think that this was a major health hazard, but apparently not.

I could change the difficulty in the middle of the game (i.e. the game allows it and when you go back, it shows the higher difficulty level), but after replaying 2 fights I couldn't tell the difference. I think that THC went down, but that's about it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Downloaded and played a half hour. God, the menu music already got me. The graphics are also nice. The character system and the combat is simple, but enjoyable so far. My biggest gripe so far is the lack of voiceovers. Not full VO mind you (don't jump at my neck you fucks), but simple lines like in the IE games. I need those to establish the characters. I think they could have spent a few thousand dollars for that.
:codexisfor:

Fun fact: The voice acting guild requires $300 per hour for voice acting. This doesn't even count renting a studio, the time it takes to cast voice actors, or any other associated costs.
Wow, I didn't know that. Still, they could have made it from 10K.
I feel retarded, but, uh, how do I actually equip an armor I bought? It's in the stash now, but I can't access it

EDIT: THis belongs in the other thread :mad:

Can you access anything in your stash? I was under the impression from watching a LP that your stash was a static location you needed to return to grab things back out of it. I'm probably wrong though.
There is something about in the help menu, but I can't recall it. :stupid: I think you can only access it between fights or mission or something.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I have already finished the game since I got a review code.
I was not terribly familiar with Shadowrun (played a campaign or two) or with Shadowrun Returns for that matter, but the campaign lenght did indeed bother me a bit. I anticipated a larger game and some sort of "real" base from where I could really plan runs, but that whole planning thing was not really possible.While the story is very engaging, there are only few "real consequences" and sometimes the gameplay can get a bit shallow. It is indeed quite easy but the last few hours can be difficult if you don't have the right weaponry with you, especially because there is no quicksave.

Edit: I was especially surprised with the campaign length, because the pacing at the beginning is really slow and it felt like the game was going to be loooong. But nevermind. It was still awesome. :greatjob:

The whole plot with the Universal Brotherhood is awesome for players who aren't familiar with Shadowrun but if you know the whole Brotherhood thing beforehand, it's a bit predictable

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I started playing as a human Decker,just played the tutorial fight and a bit after that.The graphics and the whole style is great so far,this 2 mill dollar game looks better than a few 20 million dollar games I can think of:thumbsup:

I am not familiar with the setting,do the people who are familiar with the setting have any suggestions about the classes and races?I was between the decker and the adept

Branm

Learned
Well its a mobile game. Guess they made it piss easy so they dont alienate mobile gamers...

But yeah played 2 hours so far and never got close to dieing. Playing on hard :(

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Well its a mobile game. Guess they made it piss easy so they dont alienate mobile gamers...

But yeah played 2 hours so far and never got close to dieing. Playing on hard :(

Not sure about that. Mostly it was easy for me but the last few missions were quite hard. Not because I fucked up terribly, but rather because sometimes the numbers don't work for you. It's a bit of a gamble.

Begging for games should see you redirected to RPGWatch. Or maybe to GoG if we still get referral credit. Either way, filthy beggers have no place on the :obviously: codex.

The NERPS tributes amuse me. Expecting clueless newfags to Not Get It.
Oh but they do!! I got Zeno clash on the giftravaganza thread :smug: had to upgrade SRR handout to a trade for D:OS though. Still cool, since i had no use for an extra legit copy as all my friends pirate their games.

Game looks/sounds pretty good at first glance but the tactical combat is painfully simplistic. Also, and keep in mind I'm not in at all far in(only a couple hours), but there's almost no interactivity with background elements, and what little is there to interact with, is hindered by a pretty shitty interface.

Skills/perks seem decent, but playing as a Street Samurai, I just walk in and chop people and haven't dropped below 75% health so far.

I think its mobile/tablet roots are very easily apparent. Maybe people can make some more interesting stuff with the editor down the line.
Overall, can't say I'm feeling this at all. 20 year old console Shadowruns seem more :incline:, and that's pretty sad.

Repressed Homosexual
Game looks/sounds pretty good at first glance but the tactical combat is painfully simplistic. Also, and keep in mind I'm not in at all far in(only a couple hours), but there's almost no interactivity with background elements, and what little is there to interact with, is hindered by a pretty shitty interface.

Skills/perks seem decent, but playing as a Street Samurai, I just walk in and chop people and haven't dropped below 75% health so far.

I think its mobile/tablet roots are very easily apparent. Maybe people can make some more interesting stuff with the editor down the line.
Overall, can't say I'm feeling this at all. 20 year old console Shadowruns seem more :incline:, and that's pretty sad.

Pretty much what I was about to post. I hate having to need my hand held all the time and constant pointers telling me what to do. This is disappointing, and so is the linearity and the cosmetic Bioware "choices". And no, a meaningless "skill check" here and there as lip service doesn't work when it never changes the gameplay experience. This is exactly what I thought it would be.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So, my second playthrough is now at the advent of the last mission.

I wonder if I should bother with a third one to check what 'very hard' difficulty does, but... three playthroughs in a row might be a little bit too much.

Especially since I imagine 'very hard' difficulty would be rather offset by very much knowing the game by heart at this point.

Cassidy

Arcane
All this rabid circle-jerking and blind fanboyism over a 12 hours long obvious port from mobile that lacks even inventory system and apparently offers no real challenge at all.

Am I browsing NeoGAF forums by mistake or did the standards of a certain segment of Codex users go down the toilet to the same level of the typical BSF user a long time ago?

Dexter

Arcane
All this rabid circle-jerking and blind fanboyism over a 12 hours long obvious port from mobile that lacks even inventory system and apparently offers no real challenge at all.

Am I browsing NeoGAF forums by mistake or did the standards of a certain segment of Codex users go down the toilet to the same level of the typical BSF user a long time ago?
Throw a starving dog a bone and all that...

Cromwell

Arcane
Especially since I imagine 'very hard' difficulty would be rather offset by very much knowing the game by heart at this point.

So is hard hard enugh and very hard borders on annoying? I am still not sure, i tested the first fight in hard but I imagine that doesnt say much about the rest of the game, but since I cant change it later <.<

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I KNOW BRO LOLOLO DIS CIRCLE-JERKING AND BLIND FANBOYISM IN THIS THREAD IS JUST HORRIBRU

CHECK THIS GUY:

Can't say much about gameplay yet, but holy shit does this game look and sound good!

WHAT THE FUCK LOL DECLINE OF THE CODEX AND ALL THAT HURRDURR HOW CAN PPL BE BLINDED-FANBOYED LIEK DAT LOLOLO

AND THE OBVIOUS TABLET PORTING IS OBNOXIOUS TOO I TOTALLY GET YOU BRO. I LITERALLY HAD TO UNPLUG MUH KEYBOARD AND KEEP TAPPING MY MONITOR WITH GREASY FINGERS TO MAKE ANYTHING WORK

(ALSO I HEARD IT PLAYS ANGRY BIRDS IN COMBAT IS THAT TRUE? FKN PORTS LOLOLO NEOGAAAAAAF)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom