Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #57: Shadowrun Has Returned

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm curious how well the game sells on different platforms comparatively. It seemed to have been quite successful on Steam. If it bombs on iOS because hipsters cannot into reading, then future content might become more PC-centric.

Alas, for the time being, iOS and Android versions are delayed.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I hear some cronkite in a ripped T-shirt is re-interpreting Keats with the use of bongo drums. Better get yourself a bronson and head on down.

Sorry, I don't speak Retard. But if you're happy with your post then I'm happy for you. :)

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
How does one even play it on mobile devices if you can't just save-quit at any time? I had to mute and alt tab the game in order to watch a movie because of it. Am I missing something?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How does one even play it on mobile devices if you can't just save-quit at any time? I had to mute and alt tab the game in order to watch a movie because of it. Am I missing something?
Not at all, that's probably why the mobile versions are delayed, they need a more flexible save system first.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, I played it a little further, and I must say it's becoming enjoyable again. Fights on Very Hard are quite challenging (those goddamn AP draining attacks!), there are plenty of options in battle and there is a number of ways to screw up your build (that shaman / mage dual-class wasn't the brightest idea). While the game is linear as hell, I can see myself replaying it just to see how Deckers or Samurai perform in battle.

So far my major gripe is the save system or lack of thereof.

hipsters have rather shitty taste, but think the opposite. They also get terribly offended if you criticize their shit like The Matrix. I am getting those vibes here.

Hey NOW I will have pissed off some people.

Shadowrun setting is ok but not very clever when compared to Bladerunner for example.

retarded posts tend to do that, yes

Shadowrun is a hipster setting because its fans have bad taste

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally found the free time to finish it, took only 11 hours, but I felt mostly satisfied, somehow. I think much longer in the main story for this particular campaign would have been too much. I dunno. The combat scenarios got a lot better in the 2nd half of the game, while the plot became... less than stellar. In some ways I imagine the whole thing would be better for people new to the Shadowrun setting.

It never really became difficult on hard, unless you get super unlucky -- only ever lost one runner (Har'lea'quinn, damn he was crappy), and only because I decided to screw around in the final battle and kill all the enemies before finishing. It does allow for some interesting tactical approaches in character building and team setup though. Pretty hard to make a totally broken build (except a straight decker with pistols, maybe), which I suppose is fine for an introductory campaign; I hope the Berlin addon will be a bit more demanding though.

All in all, a fun tactical rpg-lite, which could be vastly improved with only a few small tweaks -- saving anywhere, and the ability to toggle combat mode.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I haven't actually finished the game yet even though I'm on my second playthrough, but I'll give my honest and least edgy feedback.

I think this is better than the NWN OC, the writing is better, settings more interesting, graphics/art/perspective is more enjoyable and combat is more enjoyable. It is on the easy side, even on very hard, you'll probably have more fun in the first half of the game if you take less than 4 runners on missions, hopefully mods will fix it.

NWN did do some things better, I think a more open environments beats going from Hub to run (though NWN OC was hardly great with this) having more equipment slots and options is also a plus. The save system is also a big negative, it's not so bad in the OC but in custom mods with bigger areas, harder combat, and more content (Berlin probably will be like this) the problem will be proportionally highlighted.

I think though while not being a perfect game the base is pretty good, there's also potential and it's not one of those polishing a turd situations.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
retarded posts tend to do that, yes

Shadowrun is a hipster setting because its fans have bad taste

That must have been what I had in the back of my head, thanks for reminding me. My post was about something completely different though. The painfulness of the setting bothered me a bit before I pledged, but not much now.

But who cares. Feel free to decompose my posts for another 100 times, if that makes you forget what a shitty RPG you are playing.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Now, that cemetery fight was nice. Hope there's more coming.

And since my charisma is low I didn't have enough money to hire 2 runners before I went to the UB. Chose a shaman over a decker. We'll see, now I feel bad about the choice...

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Going by the steam top selling list they should have sold a good volume at least.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
So in the end SR suxxors as a RPG.

It suxxors as a game too, if I'd be so blunt. The core mechanics can be fun, the writing is competent, and the art is all-in-all pretty great but there's no real distinguishing roleplaying elements Shadowrun Returns excels at to make it stand out enough. The game is very linear and confined, with skill checks turning out to be largely cosmetic.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Now, that cemetery fight was nice. Hope there's more coming.

And since my charisma is low I didn't have enough money to hire 2 runners before I went to the UB. Chose a shaman over a decker. We'll see, now I feel bad about the choice...
Actually a shaman is pretty useful in the final fight, a fire elemental with the blindness spell and a few elementals as distraction really help against the baddies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom