Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

sstacks

Arcane
You know you love it SO MUCH

This episode: We continue storming the Gilded Eye chapterhouse, find some sweet loot and discover that reading books pays off.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We thought we had finished storming the bad guys' fortress, but get thrown a curveball at the last minute. Hungry dogs make good allies. An inquisitive inquisitor asks his last question. Bryn Lightfingers shows up.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We're born as we plummet to the Earth and begin character creation soon after apparently dying. The world and rules of Numenera are introduced as we run from the Sorrow and encounter two companions.... are they friend or foe?!

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: Exploration of the Reef begins. We deceive some thugs and then have to choose between our companions as their bickering becomes much worse. OK seriously, how do you NOT choose Callistege?

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: The storming of the Gilded Eye chapterhouse continues. We finally find that darn bartender. The Gilded Eye has a pretty bad rat problem. Statues get "busted."

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: Our introduction to the lovely city of Sagus Cliffs begins with an excruciatingly grotesque public execution. We pick up a cagey new companion and meet some... interesting merchants.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: The exploration of Sagus Cliffs continues. A merchant narrates us. We agitate a deadly beast. A slaver offers us a deal. The Genocide (yes, that's his name) tells us his sad tale. We find some shins.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We fight some sneaky assassins, have another rat party and then confront Jessia in the final battle of the Gilded Eye chapterhouse.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We break something to fix a clock and get the memories of three old "friends" stuck in our head. The Cult of the Changing God fawns all over us. First "level up". Next stop: The Underbelly.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I've been listening your show occasionally on my daily walks. I like it, although the neverending enthuahism gets a bit grating sometimes, but that might be because I'm cynical and grumpy unemotional finn :D

Oh yeah, and "geek talk radio"...fucking geeks and geek culture! *Rabble rabble rabble!*, I fucking can't stand "geek culture" crap, but that's because I fucking despise how some people have turned it into their identity. Carry on though.

sstacks

Arcane
I've been listening your show occasionally on my daily walks. I like it, although the neverending enthuahism gets a bit grating sometimes, but that might be because I'm cynical and grumpy unemotional finn :D

Oh yeah, and "geek talk radio"...fucking geeks and geek culture! *Rabble rabble rabble!*, I fucking can't stand "geek culture" crap, but that's because I fucking despise how some people have turned it into their identity. Carry on though.

Thanks... I think? :P

But seriously appreciate the feedback. I do occasionally rant and get geek grumpy on the show, but it's usually pretty positive / friendly. Just havin' fun and want other people to as well.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We head into the Underbelly, meet some colorful characters, get the cold shoulder from Alligern, play CSI, buy some stuff, and visit the Manufactory.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Thanks... I think? :P

But seriously appreciate the feedback. I do occasionally rant and get geek grumpy on the show, but it's usually pretty positive / friendly. Just havin' fun and want other people to as well.

Yeah, I get that. Also wouldn't be 'codex without giving a bit of carrot with the stick :P

About "geek culture"...when I hear anyone mentioning "geek" or something, I get a picture of Big Bang Theory in my head, and then picture of this: :timetoburn:

Just a small dream of mine, don't let it bother you too much.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We dump some weight (finally!), buy a flippin' sweet bow and get thrust smack dab into a battle between the Gilded Eye and demons.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We meet an artificial construct that wants to have babies, get both amused creeped out by the Dendra O'Hur, try to negotiate with insects and then get an insect (sort of) of our very own.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We take a nice stroll through sticha land, find the Changing God's sanctuary, accidentally on purpose kill ourselves, and get sent into a memory by Matkina.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We glimpse a shadow of the real enemy behind the scenes, get told we need to go the Underdark, have a big secret revealed by Soronil, pick up a new mage companion and then go tearing around Luskan looking for a blind beggar.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We meet some "orphans", possibly betray a few machine intelligences, ogle some airships, send the Numenera version of Don Quixote on a quest and get a fantastic night's rest.

sstacks

Arcane
This Episode: We steal a badge, forge an official document, get lippy with a nosy city official, and rescue Tybir's friend Ris from that horrific multi-day execution (he doesn't seem too grateful about it).

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We clear out the Temple of Ghaunadaur with a minor bit of black pudding trouble, end up giving the quest giver a nice beat down cuz he's cuckoo, and make some mad cash turning in another marked ruby.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Hey, I have an idea for an interview, you could try to interview Juho Kuorikoski, who has written a book on the history of finnish game development, not sure if he's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Finnish-Video-Games-History-Catalog/dp/0786499621

Thanks for the idea. Do you know him will enough to make an intro?

Nah, I just know that he writes for finnish gaming magazine, he has also written couple other books on games but don't think those been translated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom