Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
Doi redesigns another demon
https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1456663852251172871
FDcMwEoVIAc3tgZ
FDcMwEoVIAokvzy

FDcMyEpUcAA5Hrd
FDcMyF6VEAAMcpO

Previous design:

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Could have looked better if Doi kept some of the bandages, but the new design is fine too.

lightbane

Arcane
I prefer the mummy Sailor Moon-esque parody.

At least it's not as bad as turning major angels into flying faces...

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I know the concept art is done with flat colors as standard, but I think they should've also depicted the flat green color in the 3D render with texture and lighting. It would've made Khonsu look more similar to the depiction in the murals.
khonsu.PNG

Sentinel

Arcane
Megami Maria: The mother of Christ and holds the title of "Mother of God." She received the Annunciation from the angel Gabriel, and through the Holy Spirit became pregnant with Christ.

(in my opinion one of the most graceful and elegant designs Kaneko has ever done, along with Norn)

Tyrant Mara: A demon lord who is said to serve evil spirits in Indian myth, he transports death. Excelling at stirring up fear, he also tried tempting Buddha during his training.

Posted Mara as well because oddech_wymarlych_swiatow skipped Maria and not having things correctly ordered triggers me.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Is this the first time that Maria design has a HD model? I think it was originally made for Nine or IMAGINE. Same thing with Loki's Devil Summoner design.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fiend Alice: A spirit that takes the form of an unidentified blond girl. Contrary to her innocent appearance, she is a fiend with unfathomable cursed power. It is said she is either the ghost of an English girl who died an unfortunate death or an evil spirit born from someone's wishful thinking.

Fallen Nebiros: A demon who is Hell's general and prosecutor, he is always observing the situations of demons. He particularly excels at manipulating the spirits and bodies of the dead, and is one of the most talented necromancers among demons.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron

Some absolute bangers on the OST. Good to hear that Kozuka and Konishi hadn't lost their touch.

Sentinel

Arcane
maybe it's the sound quality but nothing in the OST has popped out to me as anything special. Everything I've heard seems a bit too noisy and messy to enjoy. Exception to the talk theme.

Puukko

Arcane
Runs great on Ryujinx. +30 fps at 1x resolution vs 2x means my minimum fps stays around 60 and is much higher most of the time. There's a fairly major graphical issue though, in that no spell effects seem to work. This includes things in battle, but also some menu transitions and most importantly Magatsuhi spots in the overworld which you use to heal and such. They still play a sound effect when near and you automatically pick them up so just zoom around like you're trying to land on an invisible beneficial landmine.

Also, it is hard. Pretas can one shot not only Pixie but also the MC if he is not topped off. Good. Nothing more disappointing than an SMT that doesn't bust your balls.

And since you're likely wondering, I don't know if it is up on any public sites yet. Gotta have em Discord contacts.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Let me know when someone has beat it without any sizeable hiccups or glitches on an emulator.

tet666

Augur
Runs great on Ryujinx. +30 fps at 1x resolution vs 2x means my minimum fps stays around 60 and is much higher most of the time. There's a fairly major graphical issue though, in that no spell effects seem to work. This includes things in battle, but also some menu transitions and most importantly Magatsuhi spots in the overworld which you use to heal and such. They still play a sound effect when near and you automatically pick them up so just zoom around like you're trying to land on an invisible beneficial landmine.

Also, it is hard. Pretas can one shot not only Pixie but also the MC if he is not topped off. Good. Nothing more disappointing than an SMT that doesn't bust your balls.

And since you're likely wondering, I don't know if it is up on any public sites yet. Gotta have em Discord contacts.

I'm 3 hours in yuzu so far no issues as far as i can see apart from the bug with the name at the beginning so i made a save in ryujinx. I get about 80 fps at 1x (Fps can be unlocked with Ctrl+U) and half of that at 2x so i just use AMD FSR at 1x and FXAA from the options and lock the fps to 60 with RTSS looks and runs great.

Puukko

Arcane

I'm 3 hours in yuzu so far no issues as far as i can see apart from the bug with the name at the beginning so i made a save in ryujinx. I get about 80 fps at 1x (Fps can be unlocked with Ctrl+U) and half of that at 2x so i just use AMD FSR at 1x and FXAA from the options and lock the fps to 60 with RTSS looks and runs great.

Oh yeah, this seems to be the way to play it at the moment. I just switched to Yuzu and the difference in visuals is pretty big. Spell effects and lighting work much better and FSR is the cherry on top. Equivalent performance so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom