Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News SHOCKER: Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian Entertainment

Cthulhu_is_love

Genese Davis has better tits than Chris Avellone.:incline:
Obsidian will be in good hands.

But she will never have a such nice cock. Also she will never get the chance to have both.

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
tit job break confirmed

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you mean by "replace MCA"? In all likelihood, there simply won't be a new "Chief Creative Officer" at Obsidian, at least for now. It's kind of a unique role that was built for him.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Avelone is a smart guy! He will definitely suprise us!
And more women in busines also ain´t bad!
I like Romance in games if it is believable.
And if she can bring it why not?!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Huh.
Genese Davis is an American author, host, columnist, and media personality. She is the author of The Holder’s Dominion, a next-generation thriller heralded as a breakthrough novel by Publishers Weekly. Her writing expertise expands across various genres including thriller, fantasy, gamer-lit, and new adult, as well as screenplay, playwriting, and video game lore. Davis is an in-demand host, speaker, and moderator for TV, radio, web-series, conventions, academic fairs, publishing workshops, and literary and entertainment expos. Davis is a featured columnist at MMORPG.com, and she is the founder of The Gamer In You. She was awarded the iGR Woman of the Year for her outstanding efforts in debunking stereotypes and for bringing the video game industry the first new adult, gaming-thriller, The Holder’s Dominion.

Davis is a thought-leader in video game culture and its social development. Through her passion for the art community, she demonstrates how team-based video games like MMORPGs affect our lives and the new place video games have in fiction and other forms of media.

She grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. At age twelve she got her first job at a dressage equestrian center, where she cleaned stalls and water tanks and exercised clients’ horses. She soon fell in love with the art of dressage and show jumping. Davis saved up five hundred dollars and purchased a rambunctious Norwegian Fjord that no one dared ride but her. After months of training she began competing throughout the state and, against all odds, the pair won many first-place ribbons and trophies in the horse trials competition called Eventing. Davis used her knowledge and experience to teach others and became a riding instructor at seventeen.

In addition to horses, piloting aircraft became another of her early passions. Davis says that flying is in her blood (her father and grandfather flew aircraft), and she studied voraciously at a summer aircraft program, learning aeronautics at a rapid rate. She won the highest honor attainable in the program by being the first to solo and obtained her student pilot’s license at fourteen.

Davis has a B.A. in English from the University of Texas at Austin, with minors in theatre and Spanish. Her favorite college highlights include studying abroad in Costa Rica for university business credit, performing in plays, and studying playwriting. After graduating, Davis worked as a financial institution manager before becoming an author and media personality. Shenever expected to become an avid video game enthusiast. She ventured into the world of MMO gaming as an adult and discovered a passion for in-game community, especially in raiding teams. Working with industry professionals, she gained a deep understanding of video games and their artists, lore, culture, and development. She experienced more serious gaming while playing with competitive guilds in Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft and cracked the top 100 in the world for her class in the latter. Davis received the Server-first Legendary Achievement in September 2011—an extremely prestigious gaming award. She has experience co-founding new raids, leading raids as an officer who organized and developed strategies for fights, and working as a liaison between new players and raid leaders. This experience naturally led her to create the Dark Iron Raiding Alumni, a group that gives players from all over the world an exciting way to stay connected whether they are past, present, or future gamers. That gaming experience laid the foundation for her first novel, The Holder's Dominion.

As an avid supporter to artists and their craft, Davis has a keen affection for all types of creativity, especially theatre, filmmaking, music, and photography. She lives in Irvine, California, where she advocates for her other passion, animal rescue. Her motto is Lark your life!
https://twitter.com/genesedavis
http://genesedavis.com/about/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/genesedavis
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16445270-the-holder-s-dominion

Well, ditch Avellone for that probably makes good sense from your average gamedev cucks' perspective, but zero sense from the sane one. I hope that hiring her was just the result of an opened job vacancy, and not the cause though.

Cucaracha theater slut, high-powered business women, horserider, pilot, MMOer. Can't wait to read her tales.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nice MILF but or she writes on the same level as Jane Jensen or I won't care. Obsidian need a superlative writer because PoE shown the rest of their writing staff confuse long-winded and convoluted way too much with good writing.

Shevek

Arcane
Because game romances are trite shit.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
I will make my prediction too. The only company these days who is buying talent, has lots of projects to work on and cash with which they don't know what to do is our neighbour Wargaming. And a few days ago they announced remake of Master of Orion. So - Chris Avellone moves to Argentina to take on Master of Orion! :)

Lhynn

Arcane
Her book sounds an awful lot like Sword art online

39717l.jpg

n50c655a01969e.jpg

Huh.
Genese Davis is an American author, host, columnist, and media personality. She is the author of The Holder’s Dominion, a next-generation thriller heralded as a breakthrough novel by Publishers Weekly. Her writing expertise expands across various genres including thriller, fantasy, gamer-lit, and new adult, as well as screenplay, playwriting, and video game lore. Davis is an in-demand host, speaker, and moderator for TV, radio, web-series, conventions, academic fairs, publishing workshops, and literary and entertainment expos. Davis is a featured columnist at MMORPG.com, and she is the founder of The Gamer In You. She was awarded the iGR Woman of the Year for her outstanding efforts in debunking stereotypes and for bringing the video game industry the first new adult, gaming-thriller, The Holder’s Dominion.

Davis is a thought-leader in video game culture and its social development. Through her passion for the art community, she demonstrates how team-based video games like MMORPGs affect our lives and the new place video games have in fiction and other forms of media.

She grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. At age twelve she got her first job at a dressage equestrian center, where she cleaned stalls and water tanks and exercised clients’ horses. She soon fell in love with the art of dressage and show jumping. Davis saved up five hundred dollars and purchased a rambunctious Norwegian Fjord that no one dared ride but her. After months of training she began competing throughout the state and, against all odds, the pair won many first-place ribbons and trophies in the horse trials competition called Eventing. Davis used her knowledge and experience to teach others and became a riding instructor at seventeen.

In addition to horses, piloting aircraft became another of her early passions. Davis says that flying is in her blood (her father and grandfather flew aircraft), and she studied voraciously at a summer aircraft program, learning aeronautics at a rapid rate. She won the highest honor attainable in the program by being the first to solo and obtained her student pilot’s license at fourteen.

Davis has a B.A. in English from the University of Texas at Austin, with minors in theatre and Spanish. Her favorite college highlights include studying abroad in Costa Rica for university business credit, performing in plays, and studying playwriting. After graduating, Davis worked as a financial institution manager before becoming an author and media personality. Shenever expected to become an avid video game enthusiast. She ventured into the world of MMO gaming as an adult and discovered a passion for in-game community, especially in raiding teams. Working with industry professionals, she gained a deep understanding of video games and their artists, lore, culture, and development. She experienced more serious gaming while playing with competitive guilds in Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft and cracked the top 100 in the world for her class in the latter. Davis received the Server-first Legendary Achievement in September 2011—an extremely prestigious gaming award. She has experience co-founding new raids, leading raids as an officer who organized and developed strategies for fights, and working as a liaison between new players and raid leaders. This experience naturally led her to create the Dark Iron Raiding Alumni, a group that gives players from all over the world an exciting way to stay connected whether they are past, present, or future gamers. That gaming experience laid the foundation for her first novel, The Holder's Dominion.

As an avid supporter to artists and their craft, Davis has a keen affection for all types of creativity, especially theatre, filmmaking, music, and photography. She lives in Irvine, California, where she advocates for her other passion, animal rescue. Her motto is Lark your life!
https://twitter.com/genesedavis
http://genesedavis.com/about/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/genesedavis
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16445270-the-holder-s-dominion

Well, ditch Avellone for that probably makes good sense from your average gamedev cucks' perspective, but zero sense from the sane one. I hope that hiring her was just the result of an opened job vacancy, and not the cause though.

Cucaracha theater slut, high-powered business women, horserider, pilot, MMOer. Can't wait to read her tales.
xZ8DuPgl.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So anyway....

Do we know just HOW much MCA is involved in the proces of making Torment?

A Little? A lottle?

I care not for searching the web at this hour.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I think there's a misconception amongst regular people that tells them the opposite of what's wrong must be right.

If 4chan is wrong, then Tumblr must be right.

If the RPGCodex loves Avellone, than his opposite must be the right choice.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So anyway....

A Little? A lottle?

He's writing a companion NPC and giving feedback on overall writing (whatever this means).

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So anyway....

A Little? A lottle?

He's writing a companion NPC and giving feedback on overall writing (whatever this means).

I see. Well giving "feedback" on the overall writing can't be all that bad can it? Sounds rather promising.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Because game romances are trite shit.
Not necessarily!
If it is done right it can bring its own depth to a games storyline!
For example NWN2 + expansion even NWN1 had some I liked, Baldurs gate 2 and so on.

I like Romance in games if it is believable.!

Men's and women's romance aren't the same thing btw :smug:
You mean women want romance and men want sex?:D

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
I know that its business first and all that but the guy licensed the Pillars of Eternity engine from Obsidian Entertainment. Plus they've cooperated on other initiatives.

Not sure Fargo will think one designer whose abilities he may or may not appreciate is worth antagonizing a working relationship with a big organization like Obsidian.

Any chance Obsidian will continue to share their dev tools with inXile like with TTON if Fargo really is taking MCA for himself?

Which I strongly suspect is why Fargo isn't gloating about having snatched him up, yet, while after his comments on Van Buren (and MCA <3'ing a tweet about wanting him working on a Fallout game), I have little doubt that after laying low for a while, Avellone will make a heavily promoted triumphant return as a lead on inXile's next KS (a.k.a. Wasteland: Van Buren) in about a year.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't feel like MCA going to InXile makes any sense.

He was the creative director and part owner of Obsidian, couldn't he just say "the next kickstarter is mine"? I suppose maybe not.

Going to work at a AAA company that self publishes and thus won't get canceled for capricious reasons makes more sense. Leaving the game industry makes sense.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You mean women want romance and men want sex?:D

No, just that the styles (within media such as tv or movies) are distinctly different. A lot of the romancey stuff in Outlander makes me cringe, for example. It's very noticeably written by a woman.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What if he becomes a Creative R&D Director at inXile? Basically he would be in charge of coming up with new ideas for games to pitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom