Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Tytus

Arcane
Lord British feeling the effects of the real estate bubble: http://ultimacodex.com/2013/03/britannia-manor-ii-is-still-for-sale/

Some of you may recall that Richard Garriott put Britannia Manor II up for sale back in 2011. Well…it’s still for sale, and the price has dropped by $600,000 to a modest and respectable $3.5 million.

Now we know, why he couldn't finance the game by himself.... He was going to sell the house to pay for the Shroud of Avatar but bad, greedy men didn't want to buy it. Garriot is still a champion of good gaming. Right, guys? Right? Right?

Stabwound

Arcane
He may have some incline left in him, but the decline/insanity has slowly eaten away at his mind. All that's left now is the husk of a man, hobbling around in a zombie-like state with his iPad, playing Angry Birds and exclaiming to himself, "Ho, Lord British and his flock of Angry Birds have bested thee once again, swine!"

Nithrakis

Novice
This video interview between Markee Dragon and Richard explains things a bit more with regards to solo vs. multiplayer and other aspects of the game.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They pre-authorize the funds at the TIME of the pledge.
You mean "at the end of the campaign." It certainly does not do anything at the moment when you click the pledge button.

It *seems* to go though a check through the Amazon site? Granted I don't know whit how that works.

Maybe I should try to pledge $100,000 to Gariott's KS... and it would go through? (I personally do not have $100,000 on hand at the moment). Man that would be a LOT of hot guys and beer....
MAximum pledge is $10,000.

Catawampus

Learned
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm still trying to comprehend the idiocy of anyone who would give a multimillionaire $10,000 for the privilege of taking a guided tour of his $3.5M castle.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm still trying to comprehend the idiocy of anyone who would give a multimillionaire $10,000 for the privilege of taking a guided tour of his $3.5M castle.
Especially as you can probably get the tour for free, if you pretend to be interested in purchasing the mansion.

Nithrakis

Novice
Both Torment and PE Kickstarters have a "meet the team" type reward at the $10K pledge level. This is just Garriott's version of that.

Kitako

Arcane
I'm not going to waste 55min of my wasted life watching a Lord British interview. Any TLDV version?

Delterius

Arcane
I'm not going to waste 55min of my wasted life watching a Lord British interview. Any TLDV version?
About half way through he starts dissing Ultima IX and speaking about how his greatest inspiration for SotAvatar is going to be the second trilogy + Ultima 7. Also, apparently he starting to re-think the social aspects, something about minimizing them. But I didn't get it all since I didn't watch it from the beginning so you probably shouldn't do that. Tell us about your experience later.

Delterius

Arcane
Oh no, now I'm re-watching it and the whole thing is turning into the hardcore ultima everyone wanted. Just check out the whole interview. Every single minute of it.

Delterius

Arcane
Yes, that's weird in a infinite number of ways. So weird and contradictory, in fact, that I'd chalk that out to a oversight from LB. After all, Garriot's all big about how he himself innovated through the original Ultima series.

Either that or he's stuck in the Twilight Zone. In a world where Ultima never went online. MMOs are both the future (whatever flaws of UOnline aside, connecting Larpers across the Globe has been LBs mission since ever) and the past (because of how World of Warcraft defined the MMO experience the past years, denying the sandbox UOnline was and whatever Shroud of the Avatar intends to be).

Stabwound

Arcane
I actually loved the Dragonlance novels when I was a kid, but they're still just D&D novels.

But this guy, wow, I don't even know what to say. RPGs haven't change since Akalabeth apparently and it's time to change that! The future is here!! Microtransactions and online LARPing and seeing your Facebook friend "Killa Marty" run by with Juggalo makeup on his Avatar.

This is bizarrely confusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom