Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sometimes I feel like this online play is just for the designers and writers who are too lazy to write and design NPCs!

"We'll get REAL people to do it for us! AND CHARGE THEM!"

Bt
And it will simulate the real world better!! After all well written and consistent dialog is not something you find in real world!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Can't wait to show people I'll never ever see how nice I decorated my virtual house. It's a dream come true.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So this is really a house collector game with superfluous RPG elements. Brilliant, why didn't anybody think of this before

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Love the guy in the comments with 4 active Ultima Online subs today bitching that he can't afford the $500 house buy-in.

What the fuck is this game?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the hell would ANYONE want to play a game where you have to pay taxes?!!!!!! This is becoming a dollhouse simulator... just call the game "Dollhouse of the Avatar"... at least that way people might actually know what they're getting! Just read through a bunch of the KS comments and at least there doesn't seem to be anyone left that thinks this might actually contain a single-player game. Those who are commenting (seems to only be 10 people all together) are going full *derp mode* "can't wait for the resurrection of UO!!!" Even with these new updates, RG seems to have given up any pretension that this will be anything other than a pay-2-win MMO.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What's the matter with you mindx2? Don't you want to have a house where you can practice playing Stones on a lute while larping merrily with your friends? You want to be out there adventuring or something?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should have a virtual kickstarter within the game, so we can all run campaigns to raise funds to build ourselves virtual castles with virtual moats with real virtual money.

Bet I just blew your mind, Garriott.

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, that Stephen Nichols guy showed up on Facebook to defend his blog post

QA6YfAq.png

pVJUYKh.png

EIVYD3y.png

Cromwell

Arcane
I miss the Times when man made a bold statement and just did the manly thing to do, left it at that.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
In a related news it will feature musical instruments as a 1.3M $ stretch goal :M

Capitalism

Educated
Stephen's article is good. He did the same thing LB-R6 did: he posted provocative statement + some text. Only in his case the text makes some sense.

I miss the Times when man made a bold statement and just did the manly thing to do, left it at that.
Yeah, it was good to see "Fuck that looser!" statement before apologies came.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In a related news it will feature musical instruments as a 1.3M $ stretch goal :M

Somehow I get the feeling Garriott is the best troll ever. From this viewpoint, his kickstarter is nothing short of brilliant

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh man. Going on Reddit after that "game designers suck" fiasco? This could turn ugly. :lol:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, the musical instrument thing was serious? I honestly thought that was just Codex trolling. Holy crap, what a trainwreck this is.

Mortmal

Arcane
Music insruments were in the original UO, and you could lockpick and play burglar ... A house was something really usefull but far from 100% safe. I'd like to know about all the content ,that i thought was mandatory,wich is not in the game at all .

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Musical instruments are pretty cool, if you know how to use of them. And I now do have the perfect excuse to post this video :

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
The pro-Garriott brigade strikes back:
ioER6v7.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom