Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Well, I might as well post in the thread that led me to register and post here (via a friend).

Kickstarter threatened to ban me for life for "trolling" the project, after repeated attempts via their ticket system to actually SHOW me a troll post instead of just asking 'tough questions', they could not do it and then just asked me to not post for a couple days. The more shit posting I saw from Pottylarium..I just could not help myself and posted again. KS then banned me site-wide from posting at all.

But..whatever, I had/have another 'real' account on KS I use there so nothing of value was lost.

I do feel bad for the people throwing money at Richard's 'last hurrah' project that will no way in hell see 5 years of 'expansions'

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I might as well post in the thread that led me to register and post here (via a friend).

Kickstarter threatened to ban me for life for "trolling" the project, after repeated attempts via their ticket system to actually SHOW me a troll post instead of just asking 'tough questions', they could not do it and then just asked me to not post for a couple days. The more shit posting I saw from Pottylarium..I just could not help myself and posted again. KS then banned me site-wide from posting at all.

But..whatever, I had/have another 'real' account on KS I use there so nothing of value was lost.

I do feel bad for the people throwing money at Richard's 'last hurrah' project that will no way in hell see 5 years of 'expansions'

Zep--

Welcome to the Codex. It's safe here. :salute:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I am/was a big Ultima fan. But that KS just rubbed me the wrong way. And they actually back peddled on a lot of the things I complained/asked about. Yeah,,my first post may have been a 'troll' asking why a multi-millionaire who had recently won a 28 (+ 4 bonus) millions of dollars needed to KS. But after that it was the micro-transactions, and then 'magic' server/no-server, online/not online and the whole stupid housing limited real estate bullshit.

It was like this was just a money grab with no real design behind it, and I still believe that. I think they were making it up as they went along with what people were complaining / not complaining about.

Then later the 'prototype'..oh that is all just programmer art..DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN! (it sucked BEFORE they waved away the 'programmer' art). But all that shit should have been noted UPFRONT.

It was a shitty proto-type, useing default functions in Unity (which I have some knowledge of, programming/hobby wise)..and I just could not believe people were falling for it.

I tried to help, but alas, nostalgia (and nostalgia dollars) is/are more powerful than reality it seems.

Zep--

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Zep--
YEah, I saw all your posts and also supported you, when Portalarium made you into a bridge-troll. It's a shame KS threw you out :(

:bro:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The bridge troll thing was actually funny to me, I actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD for real (LOLOLOLOL). And I really would have pledged the $25 or whatever the going rate was at the time. But they (Chris?) never confirmed that that was real, so they didn't get my money.

I look forward to the deluge of bitter, salty tears of true Ultima fans after this abortion is unleashed upon the world (sorta like U9..and to a lesser extent, U8).

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I did love UO too, and played the shit out of alpha and beta and my 3 free months after winning a beta contest. I quit after the 3 free months..but my son joined up later and , at first, was excited to watch him play..but by then UO was all care-beared up and all that excitment of danger and everything was removed.

I'll admit the initial 'economy' shit blew real hard..because literally minutes after a server was reset all the wild-life and other 'resources' were gone. But they open world PVP stuff was pretty cool, only safe in towns or near a moongate, etc...

Zep--

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am mainly pissed that so many people are falling into their trap, where they clearly have no clue how things will work in the game (but then again I just assume the backers are mostly retarded). I can't get a proper answer on Deeds/Housing for example. Will the KS deeds be *unique* in the sense that none can ever get rent-free deeds, etc - or can people also buy them for RL cash when it starts, etc.. Bleh. So angry.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Well..I will say it wasn't the first time I was banned for life on some forum...probably wont be the last as I am a cranky old man now. Get off my lawn and all that. :)

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Maelflux,

Yeah..that's what gets me..I mean any real Ultima fan should have been able to see through the bullshit straight away. I'm still shocked that that wasn't the case...or they are U8, U9 fans and never really played a true Ultima before EA fucked that shit up.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
never really played a true Ultima before EA fucked that shit up.

That's the point bro. They think that EA fucked everything up and that Garriott would still be making classic Ultima games if he could, if he was unobstructed by publishers. They refuse to see how far gone he is.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Was it U8 where they had the morphing 'EA' artifact that was worthless and never was used or did anything? I have to hand it to whoever because that was a nice dig at EA. (worthless and does nothing) :)

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Infinitron,

I think RG had a big (design) hand in UO (i could be wrong) at the beginning, but even so, that was 15/16 years ago. Besides Tabual Rasa..what has he done amazing like UO or U7 1 and 2?

As far as I can recall about UO..some character named Castillo(?) is the one who care-beared it all up..it's been a while, i could be wrong.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I did not mean to imply that Tabual Rasa was amazing above! It Wasn't.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Infinitron,

I think RG had a big (design) hand in UO (i could be wrong) at the beginning, but even so, that was 15/16 years ago. Besides Tabual Rasa..what has he done amazing like UO or U7 1 and 2?

As far as I can recall about UO..some character named Castillo(?) is the one who care-beared it all up..it's been a while, i could be wrong.

Zep--

No, Ed Del Castillo was temporarily the lead designer of Ultima 9. UO was created by Raph Koster.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Jaesun,

Why are you making a shitty MMO!(NON MMO!)

RG: It's what the people want/don't want, of course! I am pandering to ALL my fans!

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Something on the right is asking me to throw a dice..i'm scared..HOLD ME! :0

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I am kinda surprised Raph was the designer on UO (He was lead?). Most things I've read that he has written makes me believe he is a big blowhard. I've never been a fan of his design philosophies he has posted/written about over the years.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Infinitron,

Yeah, I saw that option...by the time I thought of going back and doing it, the edit option was gone(?)..I think. Is there a time limit?
Or maybe it was the 'waiting for moderation' that caused it not to appear (cause it looks like it's there now)

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom