Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Portalarium co-founder and former CTO:

Why Richard Garriott is Full of Shit

FFS. This is pathetic. It's worse than what Garriott wrote. Pretentious, bitter and unprofessional. He's trying to sound intelligent and academic at the same time as crying his eyes out like a baby.

I didn't expect this whole situation to turn into such a cesspool. I don't think I even want to read about it any more

Lancehead

Liturgist
FvWcc1O.png

It's getting better and better.

Heh, maybe this should be added to the List of Incline thread if the project fails to get funded.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Once a project is funded, it can't become "unfunded"; if it's right at one million, people won't be able to remove or reduce their pledges.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Wait, what? So people can't remove/reduce pledges if it goes below $ 1 million? That's rubbish, the whole "money won't be taken until after the funding period" line is moot then.

Globbi

Augur
People can still remove/reduce pledges after reached goal I think. You are not charged any money before the official end of the kickstart. It's probably one of the reasons why you can't pledge for your own project (pledge $500k, wait for end if you get enough attention/money, withdraw). Project is not officially funded until the KS ends. For example on Wasteland 2 KS it saysd: "Funded! This project successfully raised its funding goal on April 17, 2012." but it does not say so for Torment KS. Technically Torment can still be unsuccessful if everyone withdraws, W2 can't (hence project "funded" cannot become "unfunded")

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wait, what? So people can't remove/reduce pledges if it goes below $ 1 million? That's rubbish, the whole "money won't be taken until after the funding period" line is moot then.

It was that you can't reduce if that would cause the project to go below the goal. Like if the goal was $100, the current amount was $110 and your pledge was $11 you couldn't remove it. But apparently that changed...

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Stabwound

Arcane
Portalarium co-founder and former CTO:

Why Richard Garriott is Full of Shit

As an aside, feel free to take a look at my latest indie game "Udder Destruction." It was made by four guys here in Austin. Each nearly as valuable as the other. I couldn't have made the game without the help of Mark Tucker, David Genet and Chris Chuter. Check it out here.

Thanks for reading!
:hmmm:

Frankly, this is more asinine than Garriott's comments. There's really no better way to come across butthurt than to post something like that publicly.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game can't become "unfunded" in the last 48 hours, I believe, by the removal of large pledges. Not exactly sure how it works.

Basically, everyone has a little less that 2 weeks to pull out of this project like it's prom night and no babies get made.

Bt

Micmu

Magister
Cannot unfund? Retards and their money are soon parted.
See, this is what makes lord shittish so special. He got your money FOR FREE / his new, already funded (mostly finished?) facebook collector game.

Project: Eternity
Just pull out all money you have from account you are using to fund it. Or change it to empty account or etc. They will try to take money several times but they'll give up after 2 weeks. But this require brain so if you are retard then you are indeed fucked.

Jashiin

Arcane
Can anyone backup the "cannot withdraw pledge" claims ? I cannot find it in kickstarter's rules.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Cannot unfund? Retards and their money are soon parted.
See, this is what makes lord shittish so special. He got your money FOR FREE / his new, already funded (mostly finished?) facebook collector game.

Read again. It is possible to "unfund".

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Housing Update!

Update #13 · Mar. 22, 2013 · 68 comments
As promised, we’re ready to reveal more design details. Based on feedback from the forums we’re revealing some details on housing!

Let me jump right into the stuff you guys really want to hear:

House maintenance and acquisition can be paid for with in game currency (KS houses have no upkeep cost ever)
House deeds can be traded between players
Houses are 100% secure for items stored in them though not always 100% accessible due to nasty sieges by evil forces
Houses exist in shared spaces (not instanced) and everyone will see your house and its decorations
Houses can be decorated both inside and out
Houses will be fairly limited but more will be added over time as we grow the world
City houses > Town houses > Village houses
Vendors for houses will be paid a percentage of the item that they sell (KS vendors will not take a cut of the profits)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/434752

All the things that make a great deep storytelling game!

Micmu

Magister
Houses exist in shared spaces (not instanced) and everyone will see your house and its decorations
Houses can be decorated both inside and out
Bestest evar game designer, mr. Richard Garriott, in a nutshell. :salute:
Just can't get that ultimate collector out of his thick skull, eh.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
And some morons actually paid money for this pay2win shitfest. Absolutely disgusting. I wonder if there's still someone out there who's reading these updates and still thinks that he's getting Ultima 7?

Stabwound

Arcane
So what happens to people that want to play the single player game and never connect online ever? Do you just have empty towns and cities in your world?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sometimes I feel like this online play is just for the designers and writers who are too lazy to write and design NPCs!

"We'll get REAL people to do it for us! AND CHARGE THEM!"

Bt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom