Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 'SJW' threads spreading in general gaming. Politics subsection?

Puukko

Arcane
I understand the industry is fifteen different kinds of fucked, but when I open the general gaming forum, I'd like threads dealing with fucking video games and not the latest prog outrage. The GG thread seemed to work fine as containment before, but this is getting out of hand.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I understand the industry is fifteen different kinds of fucked, but when I open the general gaming forum, I'd like threads dealing with fucking video games and not the latest prog outrage. The GG thread seemed to work fine as containment before, but this is getting out of hand.

I'll try to set it up so if you ignore the Gaming Drama subforum, its threads don't show up in General Gaming.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane

I'll try to set it up so if you ignore the Gaming Drama forum, its threads don't show up in General Gaming.
:incline:

mondblut

Arcane

Bruh, that bear doesn't really suit you. You need a better avatar:

images

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's because of threads being split off from the main GG thread.
Infinitron has a disorder that forces him to constantly split threads.

Wrong, I only do that when other people start new threads about topics that were already being discussed.

Anyway, this is a bit more challenging than I hoped, but in the meantime you can achieve the same effect by ignoring the individual threads. See "Ignore Thread" at the top right.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
OK, it works now, although I'm not sure if exactly the way it's supposed to (or if it ever did). Top right, Ignore Forum. Select whatever you want there, it doesn't seem to matter.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
OK, it works now, although I'm not sure if exactly the way it's supposed to (or if it ever did). Top right, Ignore Forum. Select whatever you want there, it doesn't seem to matter.

This works for all subforums now as far as I can see. Ignoring is no longer hiding just the subforum menu but removes the threads as well.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

This works for all subforums now as far as I can see. Ignoring is no longer hiding just the subforum menu but removes the threads as well.
Yep.
Tested with Bethesda-subforum.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I remember asking Bethesda for more politics in their elder scrolls games.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It's because of threads being split off from the main GG thread.
Infinitron has a disorder that forces him to constantly split threads.

Wrong, I only do that when other people start new threads about topics that were already being discussed.

Anyway, this is a bit more challenging than I hoped, but in the meantime you can achieve the same effect by ignoring the individual threads. See "Ignore Thread" at the top right.
Well someone is doing the thread splitting. We have 100 to 200 page threads on games where almost all the posts are dumb shit. Then some stupid controversy happens with the left in the media. It lasts a few pages and someone decides to split it off into a new thread and drop it in Game Drama. Then some new people see no one is posting about the controversy and start making new posts about it, which gets split into the new game drama thread. Now we have a ton of stupid threads clogging General Gaming. It just seems so retarded. The controversy ends up generating more interest and posts than it normally would have this way.

Why are you guys going to such lengths to hide any political incorrect posts from the public even when it's in regards to games? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
They're in enough trouble over tax evasion and identity theft, political incorrectness could be the nail in the coffin.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh,that is pretty cucked,ignoring whole subforums because you saw some discussions about politics. Most threads are pretty obvious if they will have political shit in it. If you go to read a thread about some devs/studious,then there will be for certainty. If you read threads about games,then it will be depending if it is part of the game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well before Gamersgate we could have political discussion who was in right: Imperials or StormCucks and why but that was before the time when Troskyte fascists attacked developers for not putting negroes and such onto game about medieval Bohemia, when game is good and not touched by self serving juvenile whiners like ATOM RPG or Star Sector there is none politics about them neither.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Meh,that is pretty cucked,ignoring whole subforums because you saw some discussions about politics. Most threads are pretty obvious if they will have political shit in it. If you go to read a thread about some devs/studious,then there will be for certainty. If you read threads about games,then it will be depending if it is part of the game.

The problem isn't that a subforum has specialized discussions going on in it, but that the specialized discussions that were meant to be contained in the subforum are not being contained. They were out there among the general threads.

Only now, when we can put entire subforums on Ignore, can we finally be rid of the various pests that some subforums (and their specialized discussions) have proven to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom