Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima

kangaxx

Arbiter
I basically hit the refugee camp and then stumbled straight into the woods. Then a spider cave. Then a lizard cave. Any other caves I need to know about? I'd rather like to get on with the story.

Pompey

Educated
There seems to be a problem where I am unable to load saves when entering chapter 4 and getting the final story companion. Lost several hours of game-play and now have to do Firgol and the tower dungeon again :(
Well I guess my game is fucked where I cannot save after killing Father in Horryn. I enjoyed my time with Skald. Are there games very similar to it?

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
Happy pride month, everyone!

skald.png

:prosper:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I'm enjoying the game overall, but I'm finding the combat a bit of a drag given the lack of variety. Stealing from vendors seems somewhat OP, unless the game punishes you some other way for this I'm not aware of?
kangaxx has a drag whereas my Roland, after a fourth kill in a row with the sixth attack in one round: :yeah:

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
Looks like the last update already pushed the game towards gayness...

Absolute fucking whelps. That was such a nice impactful line, which really stood out and gave the game character.

Now it's just another once-was moment, lost to weakness.

Apparently they missed one other instance of the dreaded "c-word"! Which just means these retards did not actually play a meaningful portion of the game. Dev should never have caved.

cunt.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Absolute fucking whelps. That was such a nice impactful line, which really stood out and gave the game character.

Apparently they missed one other instance of the dreaded "c-word"! Which just means these retards did not actually play a meaningful portion of the game. Dev should never have caved.

View attachment 51026

The patch wasn't meant to replace all of them: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069160/view/4158591103910333879
  • Removed a few unnecessary uses of the “C-word”

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069160/view/6533114734879297428

Version 1.0.5 is LIVE!

Our latest update is now live, please see the version notes below for full details.

Version Notes

MISC

• Spellburn's damage no longer scales with Spell Aptitude - Attunement gained does.
  • The Herald should now be quite a bit harder to kill
  • The cleric spell Holy Light now purges invisibility
  • If you've started the quest to find Froggert when you defeat the Father, Marsa will show up in Horryn. She's standing on the main square at the western corner.

FEATURE

• Now, by default, right clicking an empty tile does not cause a pop-up to appear with info on the tile's light-level and stealth modifiers. This makes it easier to use the right mouse button to highlight interactable objects. The feature can be turned back on under Settings -> Gameplay -> Show Stealth Info
  • Screen-shaking effects can now be disabled under Settings -> Display -> Screen Shaking

BUG

• Defending condition has wrong timing description ("Lasts until end of combat"). It in fact lasts until the start of next turn.
  • Hammer of Light, Holy Judgement and Holy Lance did not add Spell Aptitude to the damage output.
  • The 'S' in "Select a maneuver to perform" flickered between upper and lower case.
  • The VSYNC setting was not saved between sessions if disabled
  • For non-numeric difficulty settings (such as "Ignore Encumbrance") the setting was incorrectly shown as "Enabled" in some cases
  • Trying to adjust VSYNC on Mac should no longer cause the game to freeze
  • Casting a spell while on a boat on the overland would freeze movement until you selected a new character
  • During resting and Crafting you could use hotkeys to go to states like the character-sheet or inventory. This has now been disabled as it would cause crafting ingredients to disappear.

Got Bugs?

Our Discord community is thriving and very helpful. We have FAQs there as well as a helpdesk and channels dedicated to feedback.

We also check in on the Steam discussions regularly so feel free to leave questions there.

Finally, please consider reporting to the Raw Fury customer support desk. All tickets there also get consolidated and sent to me.

Thank you for your continued support!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

View attachment 51026

The patch wasn't meant to replace all of them: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069160/view/4158591103910333879
  • Removed a few unnecessary uses of the “C-word”
Is it Canada?

I am very happy with this update. Especially this:
Spellburn's damage no longer scales with Spell Aptitude - Attunement gained does.

:evilcodex:
The shackles on Magos are now gone. Coupled with the regen spell that is already a workhorse in my strategy, I'll now be able to cast probably around 3x as many spells.

Tao

Savant
Is Storm of Steel that fuking bad? Good lord Champion is such a bland class in the game. Because i'm now at the end 30h on play. i would restart if i'd knew better.

I was happy with how tanky and how well it let me pass the begining after trying magos and battlemagos but my guy is just a wall and nothing more, not matter how hard i tried to make him hit like a truck.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There's a lot of cunts in my games.

:smug:

Is Storm of Steel that fuking bad? Good lord Champion is such a bland class in the game. Because i'm now at the end 30h on play. i would restart if i'd knew better.

I was happy with how tanky and how well it let me pass the begining after trying magos and battlemagos but my guy is just a wall and nothing more, not matter how hard i tried to make him hit like a truck.
Storm of Steel is so awful I basically never used it. It's square AOE is horrible and if you have the standard 3 frontline melee party, someone will almost always be in the way. The way to get the most out of it is to do a suicide run and get one character surrounded, almost certainly leading to them getting downed just so you could use a lackluster skill.

Champion is terribad. It's a trap class. There are no advanced combat or cleric skills so you get a hypernerfed paladin. All the hybrids are bad.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Happy pride month, everyone!

View attachment 50974

:prosper:

I tried to warn you guys but was silenced for even hinting at it. Now that you made this woke dev rich you can expect them to ramp up the proverbial bend over while they continue to ram it up your ass until you like it. :mixedemotions:

I saw the writing on the wall abuot this dev long ago with those opportunisit political games he made and then his boss at Raw Fury bragging on twitter about sucking cock to get his job in the game industry. The artists and writers are all woke on this game too so what did you expect idiots.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Btw, I'm just gonna call it, GOTY 2024. Easily.

Pretty strong contender, but that's mostly because of what's coming out this year. This is going to be the most hilarious codex GOTY in a while. I have a sneaking suspicion a joke vote will win.

Maybe even Dragon Age 4.

If Kingdom Cum: Cum Harder is any good, it'll be an easy shoe in though.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Btw, I'm just gonna call it, GOTY 2024. Easily.
KCD2 will have 5x as many Codexers playing it, and that's what determines GotY. Skald looks like a stronger #2 contender, because there's nothing else good on the horizon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom