Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
And that's that. I thought they might have made one more DLC.

The relative quality of their DLC compared to Oblivion is much better. There might be hope for them but I'll not hold my breath. Fallout 4 is probably going to be shit if Fallout 3 was any indicator so whatever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
This had what.....2 DLC's? They probably just analyzed the sales from the last DLC and then realized the milking potential was now low so they moved on to further ruin the Fallout series.

DragoFireheart

This had what.....2 DLC's? They probably just analyzed the sales from the last DLC and then realized the milking potential was now low so they moved on to further ruin the Fallout series.

They had 2 DLCs and some shitty LARP housing shit.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
And that's that. I thought they might have made one more DLC.

The relative quality of their DLC compared to Oblivion is much better. There might be hope for them but I'll not hold my breath. Fallout 4 is probably going to be shit if Fallout 3 was any indicator so whatever.

The fact that they're still pushing quantity over quality in all their games should be an indication that their next game will also be shit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I wonder if Bethesda will make any more single player Elder Scrolls games while the online game is ramping up for release and needs those Tamriel dollars to survive.

I can see them refocusing on the Fallout franchise for the foreseeable future, until TES Online bombs miserably that is.

DragoFireheart

I wonder if Bethesda will make any more single player Elder Scrolls games while the online game is ramping up for release and needs those Tamriel dollars to survive.

I can see them refocusing on the Fallout franchise for the foreseeable future, until TES Online bombs miserably that is.

I'm going to wager a guess and say they will stop making Single-player Elder Scrolls games.

escom

Learned
Bethesda renewed the Redguard trademark in February, everybody thought it will be a Skyrim dlc... So it will be... TES VI: Redguard or a HD remake of The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard for iOS, Android and Xbox live.
:hearnoevil:

DragoFireheart

Bethesda renewed the Redguard trademark in February, everybody thought it will be a Skyrim dlc... So it will be... TES VI: Redguard or a HD remake of The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard for iOS, Android and Xbox live.
:hearnoevil:

No, they will be doing Redguard stuff for WoW... err... Elder Scrolls online.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Fallout 3 and Oblivion are

I'm going to wager a guess and say they will stop making Single-player Elder Scrolls games.
They don't appear not to be fully commited on the MMO thing (no 200 million budget news, no intensive hype), unless is a smashing sucess (very low probability), there is going to be a Elders Scrolls VI. It doesn't matter, single player or MMO it will be shit anyway.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Why would they do that? Skyrim sold an ungodly amount of copies. The TES MMO is being made by someone else at Zenimax's insistence and every preview has bashed it as a piece of shit.

They're not going to turn away from money.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

They were large DLCs, almost expansion packs. I would guess two was the plan all along, similar to Morrowind, though they might have added a third if sales warranted it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Why would they do that? Skyrim sold an ungodly amount of copies. The TES MMO is being made by someone else at Zenimax's insistence and every preview has bashed it as a piece of shit.

They're not going to turn away from money.

I dont think Zenimax want's to confuse their constumer base with several concurring TES titles, like an ongoing MMO and a single player RPG. Look at Blizzard, when was the last time a single player Warcraft game was launched?

There is also the risk of TES online bombing hard and dilluting the brand appeal of the series with a core part of their playerbase, forcing Zenimax to take a "breather" from the franchise and let a couple of years past before they go at it again.

Just speculating.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Zionmax seems to be doing what they can to separate the MMO from the single player TES by setting it in the distant past etc. Assuming Failout 4 is next there won't be another TES game for many years anyway.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The pattern is: Let's rape Fallout Franchise, now let it rest for awhile in our dungeon while we rape Elder Scrolls. Now, Fallout, babe, it's your turn again! They avoid soil exhaustion with franchise rotation. Without Elder Scrolls, Bethesda would be forced to have original ideas and not depend on raping ideas from the old Bethesda or ideas from the Fallout franchise. A new franchise... I wonder what new ideas Todd's mind is capable of.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I could see them doing co-op but the actual Bethesda development studio will make another TES game and it won't be an MMO. I would bet quite a lot of money on that.

They were large DLCs, almost expansion packs.

Dragonborn, yeah. But Dawnguard? Compared to Shivering Isles or Tribunal or Bloodmoon that might as well have been nothing at all.

Anyway, they're going to try and stick to the easiest to translate races because that's what they do. Reduard next, then Bretons and then...Mehrunes Dagon shits all over Tamriel and Akavir wiping out all the beast races. Because thinking about making games focused on them hurts Bethesda's heads.

escom

Learned
Not Skyrim related but fuck it, it's a Bethesda thread. They're teasing something with a 6 second gif about crackling sound, barbed wire and a rolling vinyl:

https://vine.co/v/bFPjjheVnau
"Recent leaks have pointed to a new Wolfenstein game being in development. Alternatively, the teaser could be for Project Zwei, the new Shinji Mikami survival horror that Bethesda is overseeing."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-16-bethesda-reveals-a-video-teaser-for-its-new-project

It will be some horror shit i guess.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not Skyrim related but fuck it, it's a Bethesda thread. They're teasing something with a 6 second gif about crackling sound, barbed wire and a rolling vinyl:

https://vine.co/v/bFPjjheVnau
"Recent leaks have pointed to a new Wolfenstein game being in development. Alternatively, the teaser could be for Project Zwei, the new Shinji Mikami survival horror that Bethesda is overseeing."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-16-bethesda-reveals-a-video-teaser-for-its-new-project

It will be some horror shit i guess.

I hadn't heard of either before.

And I probably won't remember them tomorrow anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom