Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
One step closer to making The Elder Scrolls like CoD!

As if the running animation and health regen wasn't enough.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Me after playing Skyrim:

ibtO5pD0I0jXIZ.gif

Deleted member 7219

I don't see the point of resetting a skill unless you gain access to more perks for doing so.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
When you've maxed out a weapon skill in a TES game, you stop using that weapon type and switch to another one. You've got to keep those level-ups flowing somehow.

This sounds pretty fucking dumb, though. They could've just made it possible to raise skills above 100.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
When you've maxed out a weapon skill in a TES game, you stop using that weapon type and switch to another one. You've got to keep those level-ups flowing somehow.

This sounds pretty fucking dumb, though. They could've just made it possible to raise skills above 100.
They probably can't.

Because, as seen in all of their games, they fucking suck at coding.

Buggy shitty designed games. That is the real reason they can not into spears and ladders.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:hearnoevil::balance::patriot::kwanzania::kfc:

DeepOcean

Arcane
What is the point to compare Skyrim with DA 2, it is like to watch 2 drunk, ugly midgets to fight, it is kinda funny but pointless and sad.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought I liked Skyrim, but then it lasted just as long as Oblivion, a single long playthrough, the saving grace being it was quite a bit more fun during that one playthrough.

Ain't no Morrowind.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can't wait for the announcement of The Elder Scrolls VI: Mods Will Fix It.

In the meantime, I'm playing the Elder Kings total conversion mod for Crusader Kings 2. There are almost more spells available than in Skyrim.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Morrowind is tedious, Oblivion retarded and Skyrim infested with consolitis. Can't say I full on hate the series, like I do Dragon Age, but it's painfully mediocre.
Although, I suppose, Skyrim is by far the best recent major game you can buy for consoles right now.

Xi

Arcane
I stand by my first analysis. This product took a step in the right direction. However, it still has many weaknesses. For instance, the story is so ridiculously bland (as well as the writing - there's no character!), that exploration is always a more attractive option to the player. Yet, exploration is like a leveled loot list (though better than OB), and requires a senseless grind through trivial items applied to a cookie cutter balance sheet.

In fact, it feels like the balancing of these games has become so contrived that it ruins the creativity of the design. This is not an MMO. They should focus on static gear progression, gear upgrading (through skills - NPCs), and deeper character progression (perks were a good step in this direction). Technically this product was a marvel of modern computing (amazing that they pulled that off on old X/P hardware - anyone should be intrigued by the possibilities on future hardware, 8GBs of RAM will be astounding for this), and "good for what it is" gaming.

8/10, worth purchasing (if you like sandbox, hiking simulators), if you waited this long you might as well wait for a packaged game of the year release. (Do not buy this for PS3 - it is a broken product)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom