Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Bahamut

Arcane
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21240

Best mod ever

21240-1-1343482685.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hitler would have been a better choice.

Yes it would have some remote sense then... Lenin would be good replacer of Either Moncar Comoran or Dagoth Ur.

Check this out quality Roman armor and weapons replacer, not too lore friendly but some day someone will mode Imperial Legion from Morrowing into Skyrim.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10740

And looks Pimperialist on my Hero. :smug:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6206

This one you linked to works well. Played with it a bit. Definitely no scaling whatsoever, makes the game fucking hard early on though. Even bandits will kick your ass.
Yeah, near- suicidal adventures in the wilderness are fun and all, but the dungeons and forts are a nightmare. The enemy lists are imbalanced and generated as the same for every location.

In every dungeon you're going to meet few extremely high tier enemies accompanied by a small army of fucking high tier enemies. For example, in golden claw dungeon you get few Draugr Megadeth Overlords and shitload of Draugr Scourges. Going through this at level <20 (a random number, don't know) usually ends up with running for life and screaming.

As for me, those mods are broken until the authors add difficulty info to specific locations. So player could have access to places high- tier and low- tier as well. I guess thing would have to be done manually, if the engine even allows it.

Erzherzog

Magister
Give credit to Morrowind, they couldn't have told you any louder what the difficult area of the game was, made it rather interesting too. Daedric shrines were bad news, looked like bad news, and you were warned if you asked around. The Ghostfence is just too obvious though. I really miss the concept of not going into the wilderness in certain lands. Aggravating, even.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, near- suicidal adventures in the wilderness are fun and all, but the dungeons and forts are a nightmare. The enemy lists are imbalanced and generated as the same for every location.

In every dungeon you're going to meet few extremely high tier enemies accompanied by a small army of fucking high tier enemies. For example, in golden claw dungeon you get few Draugr Megadeth Overlords and shitload of Draugr Scourges. Going through this at level <20 (a random number, don't know) usually ends up with running for life and screaming.

As for me, those mods are broken until the authors add difficulty info to specific locations. So player could have access to places high- tier and low- tier as well. I guess thing would have to be done manually, if the engine even allows it.
Personally this is why I was so interested in the Gothic-style leveling one mod introduced - no XP, just gold spent on trainers. Would mean you could make money early to build skill training and then go out into the world. Unfortunately it's buggy and the guy never updated it.

attackfighter

Magister
That way you garantee a higher quality for community productions and keep servers free from countless shitty mods made by noobs.

Based on my experiences with Civ 3 and 4 mods I'd have to disagree... Civ 3 had an easy to use but restrictive world builder, where as Civ 4 had the opposite (relatively speaking). Turns out Civ 3 got tons of well polished, intelligent and creative mods of all kinds, where as Civ 4 mostly just got a bunch of overloaded unit/tech/civilization compilations with an occasional creative yet heavily flawed scenario like Rhyes and Fall every so often.

Kahlis

Cipher
Civ 3 had an easy to use but restrictive world builder, where as Civ 4 had the opposite (relatively speaking). Turns out Civ 3 got tons of well polished, intelligent and creative mods of all kinds, where as Civ 4 mostly just got a bunch of overloaded unit/tech/civilization compilations with an occasional creative yet heavily flawed scenario like Rhyes and Fall every so often.
And Civilization V has its own dedicated SDK and mod tools but nobody cares because that game is whimsical crap and has no soul.

Bahamut

Arcane
Civ 3 had an easy to use but restrictive world builder, where as Civ 4 had the opposite (relatively speaking). Turns out Civ 3 got tons of well polished, intelligent and creative mods of all kinds, where as Civ 4 mostly just got a bunch of overloaded unit/tech/civilization compilations with an occasional creative yet heavily flawed scenario like Rhyes and Fall every so often.
And Civilization V has its own dedicated SDK and mod tools but nobody cares because that game is whimsical crap and has no soul.

And runs like bloathed shit, and after the expansion even worse

Multi-headed Cow

TWENTY GODDAMN DOLLARS. God damn it Bethesda. I'd be happy to buy more Skyrim but $20 is pushing it unless it's quite substantial which I get the impression it isn't. Especially if I don't want to be a werewolf or vampire.

Kahlis

Cipher
I have difficulty believing crossbows, two questlines and a World of Warcraft-esque vampire lord are worth 1/3rd what the entirety of Skyrim was valued at on release. Unless Todd is finally becoming self-aware of himself and has realized just how worthless most of the content in the original game really is. :smug:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
$20 really is asking too much considering that outside of the mediocre vampire lord thing and the few new items, there's nothing there but a few more random dungeons and yet more shitty Bethesda fetch quests. Nobody gives a crap about their story and Skyrim doesn't need more ruins/caves/etc.

I would have paid $20 for a ton of brand-new weapons/armour and extra features that were better/more complex than what modders could offer, or a new landmass to explore, i.e. what a proper expansion might provide, but it's obvious they're just charging more because they can.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
oh no it says 25 usd for me lol. what a crock, skyrim itself is only 30 dollars on steam

Bahamut

Arcane
Its not 25 dolla,
its just 600mb :smug: who the fuck buys DLC (besides retards)

also

We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.

Theres so much butthurt of bethtard ps3 crowd forums atm

I heard it's bugged like a medieval battlefield and has a habit of breaking the main quest line.

Bands of high level vampires attacking, killing all cityfolk, raping every dragon in their way

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
They should be thankful that the game-crippling lag glitch has been fixed and the game is finally playable on PS3.

Bahamut said:
Bands of high level vampires attacking, killing all cityfolk, raping every dragon in their way
Sounds like Tribunal and dark brotherhood members suddenly spawning and assfucking all NPCs nearby. Good ideas never gets old!

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
If i'm not mistaken, dark brotherhood spawns were focused only at us, all NPC just ignored them watching them raping us in the middle of the guild hall.

I've heard that dawnguard is overhwelmingly stupid to the levels that vampires were still hostile to us even if we team up with them and is just copied civil war script from the vanilla version (same quests). Why does it matter, I think noone here actually enjoys this pile of turd so much to buy DLC.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Is this game actually "good" in the state that it's in, worth torrenting and trying out? (no way I'm giving money to Bethesda)

Or is it worth waiting for some big overhaul mod a la Nehrim before getting one's hands dirty?

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
i found it incredibly boring, trudging through the boring environment and undertaking the boring quests. i got through the main quest and half of the faction quests before i uninstalled it

Bahamut

Arcane
Is this game actually "good" in the state that it's in, worth torrenting and trying out? (no way I'm giving money to Bethesda)

Or is it worth waiting for some big overhaul mod a la Nehrim before getting one's hands dirty?

Its fun for couple of hours, but when you done hiking you discover theres nothing interesting to do, becasue quest and writing suck big time, theres no good expansion on lore only derp with dragons
Also its only like 5,4gb

As for Dawnguard, i heard theres Jiub in it, so i only want to check how he got violently raped there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom