Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Thanks. I haven't played Skyrim since December, but is the Peryite quest worth restarting the game? Was it really fun or special?

Luzur

Good Sir
Thanks. I haven't played Skyrim since December, but is the Peryite quest worth restarting the game? Was it really fun or special?

i dunno, havent done it yet, but it starts off as a "find me a list of stuff out in the world" quest for the Khajiit.

Butt Rhetler

Learned
Oh here comes another newfag trying to get KKKs.

There was not a single procedurally generated dungeon in Oblivion but keep repeating that Hines's (who is dumb ololo) crap about "every dungeon in Skyrim is handcrafted" like they weren't in previous Beth games.

Is this true? Because if they weren't procedurally generated someone wasted a lot of time making dozens of dungeons that look identical. Which, in a way, is worse than if they had generated them.

Thrasher

Erudite
They assembled them from fewer pieces, so they look more the same. Hard concept to understand...

But, yeah, basically the same approach in both. But perhaps more hand tweaked in Skyrim based on videos I've seen? Haven't played with the CK hands on to compare...

Gord

Arcane
Looks as if there's another patch incoming, 1.5 is available as beta now.
Amongst the fixes are:
  • Adjustments to smithing (item value has influence on skill gain now)
  • More kill moves (fucking great, now I can finaly "enjoy" them with mages and archers, too), still no option to turn them off, though.
  • Underwater-effects have been improved, too:
  • Shadows on grass
  • Some optimizations and general fixes to quests, etc.

Edit: Fuck, I don't want to embed a video there, how can I prevent the forum software from autodetecting that?

Emily

Arcane
Now i would say that Oblivion actualy IS a better game then skyrim... and the reason why i would say it is is just 1 thing, FACTIONS
In skyrim the factions are so lame, so retarded, so over-the-top-shit-in-your-face-from-the-go that i personaly think that the whole game can not even exist.. Why i say that?
Well what do you even get to do in skyrim if u ignore factions i ask you? Not much in any case, you can go around doing INFINITE "RADIANT" quests for no reason at all, gold is overly broken to the point it even might not exist, or you could go and do a couple of "sort of interesting quests" ( they are just as stupid as the rest of the game if u ask me, but that is like my opinion) that are related to towns, or few deadric artifact
Now lets look at those two options
1) doing the deadric quests, WHAT IS THE POINT? u get weaker weapon/artifact that u could craft, u get no global reputation, u dont affect world in any way, u just get to LARP a bit, and LARP very aggresivly
2) Doing town quests, same as above with the ocasional guard complementing you, again no real influence on the world, as if u didnt even do the quest
So i ask you, what is the point of that whole world besides faction? I would say, nothing almost, then just LARP walking around the streets, getting gay marrage in which your wife/man gives u money for the lulz, or just jump from the biggest mountain to see youtself die horribly, heck why not
No i would address as to why the factions are so retarded, and i will just give one example of it
The guild of mages ( bear in mind all other factions are just as retarded)
So here u go with a lv 1 char, u cast lv1 spell to get in ( ant that is it for the magey part), u get 1 initation quests, and after that every1 starts talking all mighty and shit, giving you jobs that arch mage himself would be scared of doing.. here you are just a random idiot picked up from the street that can cast 1 lv 1 spell, and all of the sudden YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE OMG AWSUM HOLY SHIT. I cant strees enough just how retarded did u feel when playing that, so anyways after that first quest you are sent to banal shit boring dungeon to find some hidden artifact of the chosen one or whatever(a sane person by this point wouldnt even care), and soon after that, folowing an utter shit quests of more banal shit boring dungeon crawls, that ARE SCALED TO YOUR LEVEL-proven fact , you are being assigned as the arch mage.... And u get a shitty robe that is WEAKER THE EXPERT ROBES that u can buy after u get lv 25 or smthing ( they magicly start appearing in the shops-level scaled)
To add insult to injury most of the NPC dont even percipate you as the Arch mage, they still tell you that you should go to Winterhold ( or what ever it is called) to learn some spells or something like that... Just lame, so weak. I gave up on the franchise...
Morrowind was a last TES game that had it. And Oblivion at least had some faction progres, it is not like you just got into mages guild and u were the chosen one of doom. U had to at least work a bit for it... At least there is some LARPing potential.. IN Skyrim no matter how hard u LARP u can not LARP over such shitty faction system

Wyrmlord

Arcane
They should implement Daggerfall's reputation system in Skyrim.

In Daggerfall, if you sided with the King of Worms, he promised you full and lasting fame throughout the entire land.

Since rising up in a guild depends on reputation (although skill level also matters), you could possibly join the Fighters Guild immediately as a Master Fighter or a Temple as a Patriarch or the Mages Guild as the Archmage after finishing the main quest in this manner. After all, you did restore the Numidium, which was a big accomplishment. So you'd have direct access to big privileges.

Same thing could be done in Skyrim. Siding with the Greybeards/Paarthurnax could mean that the Greybeards use their influence to spread your excellent reputation everywhere. That way, you could and should join the Companions directly in the elite ranks or qualify for Thane-hood automatically in any province. I mean, you are the Dovahkiin who rescued Skyrim, so you deserve respect.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
In some guilds, you had to satisfy some minimum quota of radiant quests before advancing further. They could be eliminated, and the player could be allowed to advance further without bothering with them.

But anyway, here's how it could have worked. In the Companions, the reward for reaching higher is getting other companions to come alongside you and being able to purchase a Wolf Armour. Maybe completing main quest should allow you to do that from get go in the Companions.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Legion Path was decent and I liked Soul Tight General Tulius voice acting and character, Oblivion looks too Disneylandish to me, Not to mention those Feces.... Sorry Faces. Of course I wish it was as polished as KoA was... but this is Bethpizda games with Howard they can sell betas as games and still have above 85 95 on Metacritic.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hey guys, I didn't want to make a separate topic for this, so...

10rjsrq.png

Is my AC an overkill? Or may I lower it further and still gain additional benefits that are significant for the player?

Albers

Educated
He was in Mass Effect 2 and 3, too. Think he's Canadian, so Bioware had to fill that quota, eh.

Gord

Arcane
Latest incremental update to 1.5 has fixed the water transgression.
Even right at the boundary, above water is normal vision and below is water now.

In other news, reports of flying pigs are coming in from all around the globus.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

When a player casts a spell, you will see the hand gesture is that of how homosexuals fling devil DNA juices at each other after a long night of fecal frenzy ass assassinations. This is subliminally teaching your children that they need to go in their rooms, demon whack their sin staff and produce sin milk into their hands and than fling it in the face of the first person they come in contact with after their taint tugging session.

:hahahaohwow:

Untitled-128.jpg

I think we may have found the official RPGCodex reviewer for Mass Effect 3.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Cosplayers who wear fur coats to represent Skyrim probably played an hour of the game or know of it entirely from YouTube memes and videos.

Why?

No sane player would be caught dead wearing hide armour or leather armour or even steel-and-hide armour in this game. Enemies cut through them like butter, and they are about as effective as being naked in Skyrim. You don't get any real use out of armour before 300 armour points and you can be assured of getting killed a little less quickly with 200 armour points. Anything less is a huge waste of gold.

Seriously cosplayers, at least wear glass armour or steel plate armour or orcish armour to show that you played the game.

circ

Arcane
I didn't listen to a no doubt completely retarded song. But she's hot. And I've seen shittier fantasy costumes. She can kill Gambian children on weekends when she looks like that and I wouldn't care. I'm of course referring to how she loves bananas, which are picked by kids, malnourished kids, and every eaten banana by a westerner costs 11 Gambian kids their lives. Fucking heartless bitch. Violin violining heartless bitch. And some guy with a metrosexual beard waving his dick around. You disgusting negro killers. OH FUCK I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD OF YOURSELVES SKYRIM COSPLAY INFANTMURDERERS.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Any armour type can be raised into the thousands with enchanted items and alchemy (fortify smithing).

Also, WTF did I just watch?
And alchemy and enchanting are among the hardest skills to raise. You may even have to cheat to get them reasonably high within the first 10 hours of the game. Besides, how do you come across the recipe for Fortify Smithing without looking it up on the internet?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Steel armor reforged is above 576 cap, lights of the same tier are however much inferior thanks to lack of perks. :lol:
It doesn't matter if it is above the cap, since 80% damage reduction can not be exceeded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom