Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing Heroes of Newerth?

Wulfstand

Prophet
Oh shit nigger,ssssssssss. Don't post that! We only brag about our wins here on the forum, god damn!

:lol: just kidding. I don't really like repulsor in HoN, I feel he was more fun in dota, with the slower animations and shit.

Archibald

Arcane
Never played Dota but i can see that, his insane spead would be a bigger advantage when everyone is a bit slower.

I think thats the reason why at first Bubbles was shit, his shell surf had same spead as in Dota but it was almost impossible to hit anyone who payed attention.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So after that shit game we had, I played with Archibald? (Hsssh) and it was another shit game cuz of crap randoms. I played extraordinarily craptastic that game. Then I thought it would be a fan-fucking-tastic idea to play solo again just to somewhat maintain my PSR and I pick fucking glacius and die like hell.

So I just raged and raged and played another one and got Hellbringer and rolled the enemy team with 9/2.

I should probably stick to a few heroes and focus on them. Since I played DotA for so long (and HoN since beta) I thought one of my strength was being able to pretty much play any hero but I've noticed I suck so fucking bad with some.

Like... Hellbringer... Uhm... Forsaken Archer... Uhm.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Zed said:
So after that shit game we had, I played with Archibald? (Hsssh) and it was another shit game cuz of crap randoms. I played extraordinarily craptastic that game. Then I thought it would be a fan-fucking-tastic idea to play solo again just to somewhat maintain my PSR and I pick fucking glacius and die like hell.

So I just raged and raged and played another one and got Hellbringer and rolled the enemy team with 9/2.

I should probably stick to a few heroes and focus on them. Since I played DotA for so long (and HoN since beta) I thought one of my strength was being able to pretty much play any hero but I've noticed I suck so fucking bad with some.

Like... Hellbringer... Uhm... Forsaken Archer... Uhm.

there are some heroes that are terribly easy to play to the degree of right-click win. just pick those and you'll be in torunaments earning lots of cash in no time.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yup, played FA and won. only 9/9 but 21 assists. thieving fucking flint.

Archibald

Arcane
Had nothing better to do so i watched Load vs xFin, the come back of Chu. Sadly Chu looks like a weakest link in team atm and as i heard might be leaving Loaded. Obvious end of the match was obvious but at lest 17g/m Magmus was entertaining.

After that decided to play one more game with Chipper, played like shit but luckily it was 9vs1 so we won.

That being said, anyone got decent ideas how to build Chipper? I usually go 1-2-1-2-1-4 maxing out 3 the last and ghost marchers+staff of the master as core items. But now i`m thinking maybe i should go stormspirit before staff of the masters or maybe even striders, i`m confused!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Archibald said:
After that decided to play one more game with Chipper, played like shit but luckily it was 9vs1 so we won.
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?

I build chipper maxing rockets first, oil second, ulti, then anti-caster shield. I usually go for SotM because the slow on that shit is ridiculous. Blood Chalice is a good early item for him. I like to get Ghost Marchers on him but I don't know what's best.

Archibald

Arcane
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?

Flint was raping us but other 4 his teamates sucked badly(Magmus going for shrunked head+staff of the master instead of pk) so at one point someone wrote that it`s 9vs1 and it was kinda accurate :D

Padre

Liturgist
Kalimera guys :salute:

I'm coming back tommorow, tired of this shithole of a country.

Unfortunately gotta go to visit my parents and finish some business stuff in my home town so I will be away for another week. If I get my old laptop to work, maybe we will be able to play some games although slow as fuck GPU and shitty net connection might spoil this plan. :x

I would build Steamboots on chipper. Not so fast but you get HP/MP when you need it most so you can ditch talismans and go straight for something like Staff of the master or Stormspirit. I always go for the latter for increased move speed and the 100% chance you will hit someone with Tar, Ult and a few rockets. Then SoTM, then maybe something like Kuldra or Frostfield Plate.

And don't worry, can't play hellbringer for the life of me. Dunno why, maybe because I've played him like 2-3 times in my life. Never found him appealing, maybe because he doesn't have legs :retarded:

Btw, when will the new patch come out ? This friday? Or wasn't this revealed yet ?

I guess see you guys tommorow. Will be in Poland around 1p.m. and after a few hours I will reach Szczecin. So i will probably log around 8pm or so, maybe will call Chlubion to join us too.

edit : Archibald welcome to the team. PM me ingame to add to friend list and you will get our sexy clan tag next to your name :salute:

Wulfstand

Prophet
I've been playing for the last few days with Chlubion alot, he's a really cool guy after all. Fucking A, can't wait to play a 4 man game again. Here's why: this last game i played with chlubion, a sd game, I went Maliken, and chlub went succ. We had a SS on our team that barely farmed early on, tried helping us gank at level 4 (lol), never got pkey or shrunken head, etc. By the time lategame hit i had a very good farm, and I could've tanken out most of the other team, its just that our blacksmith never warded, only succ did, SS still didnt get those items, DW barely helped in fights, etc.

So yeah, while carrying can be very fun, it'll be way more fun once we get a premade done.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Assassin's Shroud, Shieldbreaker, and a Warpcleft.
Yeah and get this: our Deadwood got himself an Alchemist's Bones, a Warpcleft, and started stacking his armor (got 2 armor items, never memorised their names).

Padre

Liturgist
Wulfstand said:
I've been playing for the last few days with Chlubion alot, he's a really cool guy after all. Fucking A, can't wait to play a 4 man game again. Here's why: this last game i played with chlubion, a sd game, I went Maliken, and chlub went succ. We had a SS on our team that barely farmed early on, tried helping us gank at level 4 (lol), never got pkey or shrunken head, etc.

That's why I think the best guy on the team should go mid with some kind of ranged agi carry. It's hard to lose that lane that way and you end up with a high lvl farmed up carry.

Checked chlubion's account and since he came back from Korea he has been playing like a fucking pussy. He texted me yesterday saying he was feeling a bit spoilt during his stay there watching only honcasts and now that he's back in Poland and playing he can't stop raging on the team because of the lack of teamplay and coordination.

But yeah, once I get home, we can start doing premades. With a bit of practice we can even win some, I guess :M

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
loooooosing streaaaaaak brooookeeeeeen
with a fucking fantastic Arachna game. was mid vs Nevermore. denied him like a god. rest of the team played good as well.

team kills at end: 22-1 (our magmus died once at the end)
(worth watching for my mid-play alone imo)
denies could have been even better though cuz I had sick damage cuz it was AR and I randomed her and had nice damage items. but I didn't want to play too risky after a while because I didn't want to break our 0 deaths.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I might be online tonight, but it depends since I'm tired as fuck and my back aches like a son of a bitch.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm gonna eat and stuff. I'll be on in a couple of hours maybe? Or maybe less. I dunno LOL!

Padre

Liturgist
picard-no-facepalm1.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
maybe I should stick to starcraft 1v1. I play this game with a soloplayer mind and it fuck things up. 1750 psr-> 1550 psr, yet all my game stats have increased.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well it's pretty much just a game of outnumbering someone and hitting them with all your spells so they die until you get later on in the game.

In DotA I pretty much got good at teamplay just by always TPing to help someone in trouble. Of course often the team is clueless so you end up 1v3 or something, but if anyone is past your river just gank them, if they are trying to gank a teammate just TP over and fight. If your teammates are helpless then it doesn't matter either way.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
kingcomrade said:
Well it's pretty much just a game of outnumbering someone and hitting them with all your spells so they die until you get later on in the game.
M-hm.

Played some more games very late that went better. I've changed my game mentality a little and things work a little better now. I'm still better than all the 1700+ that join the 1550s game I play so I can't wait till I finally get psr. Not for the sake of having psr, but for being able to play higher tier games again.

Archibald

Arcane
It can be worse, like my mentallity atm- do nothing. It seams that every time i reach 1600 i just start doing strangest shit untill i hit 1500 again =/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom