Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing Heroes of Newerth?

Wulfstand

Prophet
:thumbsup:

That first game we had yesterday still pops up in my head whenever i see something HoN related. Man I haven't laughed so hard in a game for a long time. Still can't believe how that CD got all those kills, fucking amazing.

Wulfstand

Prophet
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOUL STEAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER <3
Besides being wickedly fun to play, he has by far one of the best voice actors in the whole game.

soulstealer.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have a 8 game win streak now I think.

Dele

Liturgist
I can be found by the name of dele playing also in the 1550-1650 range at the moment, i'm on usually every day.

After playing the game through the beta and retail for over 1000+ games now i've just given up on raging in this game, playing it chill is much nicer, stats dun matter to me.

Send me a few friend invites, i'll join up on the rpg codex clan channel, i'm european but i'm also up for US server games.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
awesome, more codexians join the fray. I sent you a friend invite (I'm Phanto).

Padre

Liturgist
Invite sent.

Btw, who watched this Honcast where one team did kongor at lvl 1, then proceeded to tower skip bottom lane with its whole team and took out like 4 towers before 10 minute mark ? They lost in the end but god damn that was awesome. The gold lead was astonishing.

Archibald

Arcane
I watched it, one of the casters made good point about them picking lanning items instead of pushing items.

I saw similar strategy in Dota where some bulgarians raped pro asian team, only they never stopped and got into base pretty fast and bought pushing items, like Puzzle box on Hammerstorm.

Padre

Liturgist
Yeah but I was surprised that they didn't either

a) pushed further while buying push items like you said
b) went back to lanes after kongor and 1-2 towers, when level difference wasn't so huge. And with this gold advantage they would offset lane opponents using items brought via courier.

I tried pushing strat a while ago in a SD game where we took Nymphora, Defiler, Accursed Pollywog and Engineer back when he had his old turret. Went really well up to a point. They lost all the outer towers and mid base tower but at that point we couldn't push that good because we were kinda underleveled and soon their SS bought pk and shrunken and it was basically game over. We would need a lot more coordination to execute a full push strat. And with Striders and Blood chalice as they are now, ganking is much more efficient. You just leave the carry to farm the lane and roam the map.

Btw, it was nice to play again with you Occ, I'm hoping for more games that go like that :salute:

edit :

THURSDAY EVENING 9P.M. GMT +1
I hope we can gather 10 ppl from dex including me and chlubion because it would be pretty sweet to play an autobalance game to get some practice. I know it will be too early for ppl from US but maybe you can manage some spare time cause it would be sweet to have Occ and KC too.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Padre said:
THURSDAY EVENING 9P.M. GMT +1
I hope we can gather 10 ppl from dex including me and chlubion because it would be pretty sweet to play an autobalance game to get some practice. I know it will be too early for ppl from US but maybe you can manage some spare time cause it would be sweet to have Occ and KC too.

Hells yes! Although I hope the games will be nostats. :oops:

Padre

Liturgist
Yeah for the sake of training our team I think we should play some no stats so we can avoid all the rage :)

I will logging in in a about half an hour so maybe we will play some games.

Wulfstand

Prophet
kingcomrade said:
9 pm GMT is like 2 or 3 PM my time, which is right before I go to work so I won't be able to play. I'd like to but oh well.

Well if everyone else can make it, we can do it an hour or two earlier.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think I'll take it easy until the big game on Thursday.
Even when just playing for fun with weird builds and stuff I still rage as hell when there's a loss.

In the game we played today everybody could have done a lot better. I should have gone an entirely different item build (or just pick another hero) - I need to adapt more to what the team needs, Wulf should probably not play Devourer and pedro should have ganked more around the same time DW started running around. Or maybe we should have ganked mid as well. Wasn't much communication on either end.

We shouldn't be playing less than 1550+ ranked games when we play together regardless of what psr anyone of us has. Still a big chance of random scrub being awful but at least not as big.

Hopefully on Thursday we get a full game!

Padre

Liturgist
Yeah we failed all our lanes that game. The problem is, as discussed with Wulf later on codex channel is lack of communication and stupid ass picks. We are getting owned during laning phase and we don't have the coordination to turn the tide during mid game while underleveled.

Next time I will be picking something safe, boring but safe. Game is fun etc but I really really like winning.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Never touching Devourer for a long while. A shame engi is banned so often, he's prolly my favorite hero. I'm gonna play some nostats with Rampage, since he's a great ganker and is getting a huge ass buff next patch.

Padre

Liturgist
Reject_666_6 said:
I'd play with you guys, but I've never tried HoN. I used to play DotA a few years ago but was pretty mediocre at it.

Well if you liked dota you will like HoN. Basically it's the same game with a few new things added.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I thought it was funny that I wrote pedro instead of padre.

if we get 10 we can play nostats and just have fun and play for the honor (lulz) of codex.

Archibald

Arcane
We shouldn't be playing less than 1550+ ranked games when we play together regardless of what psr anyone of us has. Still a big chance of random scrub being awful but at least not as big.

This is fucking truth. I`d rather loose game due to being outplayed than risk of having a retard on my side.

P.S. Blood hunter is also getting buffed, his heal will work on assists too, won`t be neccesary to get last hit on a hero now.

Archibald

Arcane
LoL is free and popamole. HoN costs 30$ and is hardcore, most of the time you`ll get brutally raped and flamed if you buy bad items or take bad skill order.

Seriously it all comes down to this- if you want to play something for few hours once or twice a week then go LoL, otherwise try HoN because it`s massive time sink, you might spend as much time reading guides and watching replays as playing game yourself.

I have played both, have ~300 games in HoN(was playing during beta) and ~100 games in LoL. I usually play LoL when i`m not in a mood for "serious" gaming or i whant to try out new hero.

Edit: Here, a promotional video :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUa27qgxx4#t=02m20s

Wulfstand

Prophet
HoN, because its the genuine proof that you can have both great looking graphics, and superior gameplay (as opposed to LoL, that is). The reading guides part only applies until you start to get used to the heroes, then you'll be able to make those decisions by yourself/adapt to the team's needs better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom