Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Lupus

Liturgist
Well, I'm pretty terrible at casters in general and I haven't played Karthus at all, so won't buy a champ blind again.
If you want to learn how to play caster you can safely go with Brand. He's pretty easy to play and you can learn how to time combos with spells. Also he deals great damage 1v1 and has great AoE damage in teamfights.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
If you want to learn how to play caster you can safely go with Brand. He's pretty easy to play and you can learn how to time combos with spells. Also he deals great damage 1v1 and has great AoE damage in teamfights.

Thanks for the advice, will try Brand next time he's on rotation again. Pretty "decent" with Ryze, but he doesn't play or build like most casters. Tried Annie some too, with mixed results.

DakaSha

Arcane
Irelia is a decent choice as well.
As long as your team doesn't get roflstomped before you get a trinity or some other shit that makes you viable.

Nothing wrong with kennen mid either (if you wan to carry brand may be the way to go)

DakaSha

Arcane
So I 1v1 wholeSaleGenocide and won easily :smug:

(actually his WW destroyed my brand in a couple of minuets.
Tried to murder him before he reached 6 and got pretty close then he raped me twice in a row within maybe 3 mins)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I never got into annie, tbh. Aoe stuns are cool but I really hate the pet mechanics in this game.

Brand is serious fun. Releasing his combo is very satisfying, I recommend the blind buy for anybody wanting to play a nuker, he's the very essence of the role.

I really can't decide who I like better in Dominion. Poppy's perfect for running around capturing points, and diving ones that someone is guarding.

But when it comes to playing Bot or being defensive in general Heimerdinger+Zhonya's+Garrison allowed me to wipe out four of the opposing team, and hurt a fifth bad enough that when he ran a away a nearby Jax jumped him for an easy kill.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I never got into annie, tbh. Aoe stuns are cool but I really hate the pet mechanics in this game.

Brand is serious fun. Releasing his combo is very satisfying, I recommend the blind buy for anybody wanting to play a nuker, he's the very essence of the role.

Mmm, I'm a mostly AP mid player and I hate playing as brand, despite having tried him at least 8 games. Don't blind buy him, try him out for free first, it's 6300 and his kit is really not universally appealing.

Plus, Xerath is just as much of a pure nuker (If not more, he deals more damage if you hit enough people in your AoE)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I really can't decide who I like better in Dominion. Poppy's perfect for running around capturing points, and diving ones that someone is guarding.

But when it comes to playing Bot or being defensive in general Heimerdinger+Zhonya's+Garrison allowed me to wipe out four of the opposing team, and hurt a fifth bad enough that when he ran a away a nearby Jax jumped him for an easy kill.

Poppy is better - but she will be always banned/picked in draft mode assuming the captains understand what they're doing (Which you should be playing to avoid the likes of Rammus)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Never played with him, I was actually torn between Xerath and Brand when I wanted to buy another solomid guy. Ended up getting Brand because he looked more straightforward.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I played Xerath a couple of times and I don't like him much. For some strange reasons, I always dominate the fuck out of everyone in laning phase, getting many kills, but in late game he falls off a fuckton in my experience. I don't really have any idea why, but I simply stop doing damage in late game and keep getting killed before unleashing all my shit all the time. Dunno, maybe it's because you have to cast more stuff to fully unleash your combo, as opposed to other AP dudes.

Each time I play Xerath after a longer break, I'm like 'hey, why don't I play Xerath more?' in laning phase, and then I say 'oh, THAT'S why I don't play him more' once laning is done.

However, what I DO have to play more is MANtheon. Such a fun to play champ. MANDROP on a fucker, smack him in the face with a shield and throw a spear. Never gets auld.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
You're doing something wrong then because Xerath shines in teamfights, get them when they're too close and you'll take +50% of the life of 3-4 of your enemies. I've always had the opposite experience with him, some laning pairings just wreck me (Lux, Gragas) but in teamfights it's time to nuke some shit.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
You're doing something wrong then because Xerath shines in teamfights, get them when they're too close and you'll take +50% of the life of 3-4 of your enemies. I've always had the opposite experience with him, some laning pairings just wreck me (Lux, Gragas) but in teamfights it's time to nuke some shit.

Thing is, the enemy team has to be pretty dumb to just stand around in all your AoE. Not to mention, if the enemies are sort of competent, you'll suddenly get an Akali or whatever flying in your face the moment you set stabilisers and die because you are a sitting duck. Also, you suddenly become shit and just float around doing nothing after blowing off the ult.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
What build are you running on him? Xerath benefits a lot of CDR, so your first item should be Morello's. At the end your Q should have a CD of 3~4 seconds which doesn't render you so useless after blowing your ult. About the Akali problem, If my team can't get her (or any other assassin) of my face I usually save the stun + ultimate for her, 90% of the times a guaranteed kill.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What build are you running on him? Xerath benefits a lot of CDR, so your first item should be Morello's. At the end your Q should have a CD of 3~4 seconds which doesn't render you so useless after blowing your ult. About the Akali problem, If my team can't get her (or any other assassin) of my face I usually save the stun + ultimate for her, 90% of the times a guaranteed kill.

Sorry, but no, Morello's isn't worth it. You obtain 40% CDR with blue buff and blue elixir.

And yeah, high mobility champs counter him (Leblanc, Kass, Akali, Ahri, Talon)

Also Xerath's ratios are bonkers good, and his lategame is insane. (That's in response to Roxxor)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Phage looks like the build I've been using all this time is a bit outdated, but I still think Morello's a solid item for him if you can't assure yourself the blue.

@Reject_666_6 She's Mette Lindberg, from The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, best thing to come out from the land of Ulminati & Grunker

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's true. If your jungler is a complete derp, or if you're below level 30, then yeah, Morello's is a good item.

After deciding to not dick around so much, and focusing on playing champions I'm good at (Karthus, Warwick, Shyvana, Taric) I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA). I'm convinced that while there are indeed games that will be unwinnable, there isn't really an "Elo Hell". At the very least, not until you reach 2K+ elo where things may be more random (smaller sample size of players). Having said that, give me an account with Karthus, a couple decent runepages and 50$, and I guarentee I can get your account to at least 1400 elo in a week or so.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA).

It's harder to raise your ELO on EU servers actually. My NA ELO is higher than my EU despite the lag. EU players in general have better teamwork when they're not busy bickering about language barriers.

1461 ELO on NA would be ~1320-1360 on EUW.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA).

It's harder to raise your ELO on EU servers actually. My NA ELO is higher than my EU despite the lag. EU players in general have better teamwork when they're not busy bickering about language barriers.

Actually, I'll retract what I said regarding EU-W - we have about the same number of players. Your argument of "better teamwork" is 100% anecdotal, so, going to disregard that, and you've admitted numerous times that you troll yourself down to low elos frequently.

Regardless, both NA and EUW have literally 3 times as many players as EU East, so 1460 on either NA or EU-WW is worth more than its equivolent on EU-E

Mystary!

Arcane
So how about that Fiora? Before playing her I kinda saw her as a weaker version of Yi, Xin, Irelia and figured she get hard countered by almost every duelist, but she is crazy strong. You jump in, hit 2-3 times and theyre at 1/4 hp, at level 6 youre basically assured a kill because you can towerdive with the ult without getting hit once, almost feels like cheating.
I never lost a lane, infact out of 20 games Ive had 4 losses (one of which had a leaver). Irelia can counter your harass somewhat with her stun since when you jump in your at higher health than her, but she has to run away immedietly or you will rape her.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Heh, I predicted that people would call her weak until someone learned how to play as her (similar to Talon, Riven, Shyvana) but it looks like she may be catching on a bit faster than they did...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom