Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

If you're even the slightest bit unprepared Fiora chews up Heimer and spits him out. I learned that in depth. Fortunately just as many players are willing to break her on a fortified location.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I never lost a lane, infact out of 20 games Ive had 4 losses (one of which had a leaver). Irelia can counter your harass somewhat with her stun since when you jump in your at higher health than her, but she has to run away immedietly or you will rape her.

Your enemies were just incompetent :troll:

That's true. If your jungler is a complete derp, or if you're below level 30, then yeah, Morello's is a good item.

After deciding to not dick around so much, and focusing on playing champions I'm good at (Karthus, Warwick, Shyvana, Taric) I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA). I'm convinced that while there are indeed games that will be unwinnable, there isn't really an "Elo Hell". At the very least, not until you reach 2K+ elo where things may be more random (smaller sample size of players). Having said that, give me an account with Karthus, a couple decent runepages and 50$, and I guarentee I can get your account to at least 1400 elo in a week or so.
1400's are still Elo hell :M

I need to play more Ashe, but playing AD carries in solo queue is not fun at all - team never protects you, and you always get a terrible support player so you can't actually carry anything.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's true. If your jungler is a complete derp, or if you're below level 30, then yeah, Morello's is a good item.

After deciding to not dick around so much, and focusing on playing champions I'm good at (Karthus, Warwick, Shyvana, Taric) I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA). I'm convinced that while there are indeed games that will be unwinnable, there isn't really an "Elo Hell". At the very least, not until you reach 2K+ elo where things may be more random (smaller sample size of players). Having said that, give me an account with Karthus, a couple decent runepages and 50$, and I guarentee I can get your account to at least 1400 elo in a week or so.
1400's are still Elo hell :M

I need to play more Ashe, but playing AD carries in solo queue is not fun at all - team never protects you, and you always get a terrible support player so you can't actually carry anything.

It's completely a matter of perspective. Ask someone who's 1000 or lower elo, and they'll tell you that they are in elo hell and need to reach 1200 to break out. Ask a 1200 player and they'll say 1400, etc

I'd say that's proof it exists - you need to play at a much higher level to push yourself up through your current bracket of Elo hell.

Single player ratings aren't exactly a perfect representation in a team game.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'd say that's proof it exists - you need to play at a much higher level to push yourself up through your current bracket of Elo hell.

So. You're complaining that you have to play higher than the current level you're at in order to increase your rating.

:hmmm:

Like a Biodrone you only take in the words that you can twist into something that fits your view of the world.

You know full well what I mean: that you need to play at roughly 300 Elo above your current rating to drag yourself up just 100.

:mca:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Like a Biodrone you only take in the words that you can twist into something that fits your view of the world.

You know full well what I mean: that you need to play at roughly 300 Elo above your current rating to drag yourself up just 100.

:mca:

By your logic I must be 1800 level since I've been pulling myself nonstop (up to 1470 now)

Juul

Learned
I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA).

It's harder to raise your ELO on EU servers actually. My NA ELO is higher than my EU despite the lag. EU players in general have better teamwork when they're not busy bickering about language barriers.

Actually, I'll retract what I said regarding EU-W - we have about the same number of players. Your argument of "better teamwork" is 100% anecdotal, so, going to disregard that, and you've admitted numerous times that you troll yourself down to low elos frequently.

Regardless, both NA and EUW have literally 3 times as many players as EU East, so 1460 on either NA or EU-WW is worth more than its equivolent on EU-E
Comparing Elo on different servers is just irrational. It literally makes no sense. Your Elo is only proportional to others who play in the same bracket (or server here). Number of players are also pretty irrelevant, especially considering lower Elos.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've reached a new personal high elo of 1461 (In all honesty, I'm pretty sure this would be worth 100 or so more elo on a euro server since we have so many more players on NA).

It's harder to raise your ELO on EU servers actually. My NA ELO is higher than my EU despite the lag. EU players in general have better teamwork when they're not busy bickering about language barriers.

Actually, I'll retract what I said regarding EU-W - we have about the same number of players. Your argument of "better teamwork" is 100% anecdotal, so, going to disregard that, and you've admitted numerous times that you troll yourself down to low elos frequently.

Regardless, both NA and EUW have literally 3 times as many players as EU East, so 1460 on either NA or EU-WW is worth more than its equivolent on EU-E
Comparing Elo on different servers is just irrational. It literally makes no sense. Your Elo is only proportional to others who play in the same bracket (or server here). Number of players are also pretty irrelevant, especially considering lower Elos.

Assume for a moment 5 people have accounts both on EUW and NA, which they decide to dedicate to 5v5 ranked premade. They play 100 ranked games on EUW and 100 ranked games on NA, which should give their rank time to reach an approximation for how well they do. When their EUW ranked premade ELO plateaus at the 1500s and their NA ELO plateaus at the 1600s, it would appear it is slightly harder to raise their ELO on the EUW server despite having a lower ping. This in turn implies that the people in the ranked premade 5v5 bracket on EUW on average are better players than the people in the 5V5 NA bracket, as the "average" ELO on botrh servers for all teams would still be 1200.

The 5 players in questions skill is the same, as they go back and forth between the two servers during their 200 ranked games. But in one pool of people the same skill places them in a higher percentile than in the other. This is what leads me to conclude that - on average - EUW players are better than NA players.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Anyway, discussion about who has the most GRUNKERs never lead anywhere. LEt's go back to whining about Fiora.

People complain about her ultimate. So far I've seen it interrupted by: Sivir's spell shield. Vlad's pool. Zhonyas. Banshee's veil. Nocturnes spellshield. Shacos deceive. Leblanc's Passive. Morgana's Dark Binding/Blitzcranks Grab (the skillshot projectile hit me in the breif moment Fiora was visible next to an enemy). It also gets you fucked over hardcore if you use it on an enemy that flashes somewhere you don't want to be.

Even more hilarious - in one game I used it on an ahri. She ran into a bush where their WW was bluepilling. Fiora's next attack in her ulti targetted ww just as he finished his bluepill, teleporting me with him onto the enemy summoner platform.

Her riposte is also somewhat unreliable against some jungle creeps. In paticular, the small wolves, the small wraiths and the small lizards @ the buffcreeps. It only seems to trigger on about 25% of their attacks if I activate riposte after the large creep in their respective camps has died.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Even more hilarious - in one game I used it on an ahri. She ran into a bush where their WW was bluepilling. Fiora's next attack in her ulti targetted ww just as he finished his bluepill, teleporting me with him onto the enemy summoner platform
That should have been recorded. :lol:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Assume for a moment 5 people have accounts both on EUW and NA, which they decide to dedicate to 5v5 ranked premade. They play 100 ranked games on EUW and 100 ranked games on NA, which should give their rank time to reach an approximation for how well they do. When their EUW ranked premade ELO plateaus at the 1500s and their NA ELO plateaus at the 1600s, it would appear it is slightly harder to raise their ELO on the EUW server despite having a lower ping. This in turn implies that the people in the ranked premade 5v5 bracket on EUW on average are better players than the people in the 5V5 NA bracket, as the "average" ELO on botrh servers for all teams would still be 1200.

The 5 players in questions skill is the same, as they go back and forth between the two servers during their 200 ranked games. But in one pool of people the same skill places them in a higher percentile than in the other. This is what leads me to conclude that - on average - EUW players are better than NA players.

Now you're bringing premade elo into this?

It's no secret that US players don't value the premade ladder as much as we value solo queue, not by a long shot.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's no surprise, europeans have always been better than kwans in this type of game.

Except for the fact that US teams are placing at better positions at major tournaments in the past few months? (In league of legends at least)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Anyway, discussion about who has the most GRUNKERs never lead anywhere. LEt's go back to whining about Fiora.

People complain about her ultimate. So far I've seen it interrupted by: Sivir's spell shield. Vlad's pool. Zhonyas. Banshee's veil. Nocturnes spellshield. Shacos deceive. Leblanc's Passive. Morgana's Dark Binding/Blitzcranks Grab (the skillshot projectile hit me in the breif moment Fiora was visible next to an enemy). It also gets you fucked over hardcore if you use it on an enemy that flashes somewhere you don't want to be.

Even more hilarious - in one game I used it on an ahri. She ran into a bush where their WW was bluepilling. Fiora's next attack in her ulti targetted ww just as he finished his bluepill, teleporting me with him onto the enemy summoner platform.

Her riposte is also somewhat unreliable against some jungle creeps. In paticular, the small wolves, the small wraiths and the small lizards @ the buffcreeps. It only seems to trigger on about 25% of their attacks if I activate riposte after the large creep in their respective camps has died.

She's still good though

When their EUW ranked premade ELO

WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE :rage:

Also, phage, the idea that elo is higher to gain in NA because there are more people here is derp. Elo distribution is a normal distributed curve with 1200 as the middle point. Having more players will just make the average more... Average. More players doesn't really raise skill level except at the very highest tiers of competition.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Z02mE.jpg

New champ so stronk. Better nerf Irelia.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
When their EUW ranked premade ELO

WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE :rage:

Also, phage, the idea that elo is higher to gain in NA because there are more people here is derp. Elo distribution is a normal distributed curve with 1200 as the middle point. Having more players will just make the average more... Average. More players doesn't really raise skill level except at the very highest tiers of competition.

Bro, America needs every advantage possible to continuously keep Euro in its place beneath our fists.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
After purchasing Fiora, Ree Sin and Pantheon while drunk Friday night ( :M ), I must say that she is pretty damn fun to play. I've experienced the issue with the riposte that Ulminati mentioned though. Not my favored choice for a jungler, but she works there as well despite ganks being unreliable.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bro, America needs every advantage possible to continuously keep Euro in its place beneath our fists.

Tell me again who played the season 1 finals. Was it Euro vs Euro? Did the Kwans not even make it to the semis?

You really like discarding every inconvenient fact that clashes with your worldview, don't you?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Tell me again who played the season 1 finals. Was it Euro vs Euro? Did the Kwans not even make it to the semis?

You really like discarding every inconvenient fact that clashes with your worldview, don't you?

Tell me again which teams are consistently placing highly at every single major worldwide tournament after Dreamhack (hint, it's TSM, CLG, Dignitas and Epik)

You really like discarding every relevant fact that clashes with your worldview, don't you?

Edit: M5 is actually doing very well, but they only emerged during IEM Kiev, which was the last major.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom