Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Instagibing people with Veigar gives most satisfaction in the whole game. Deathfire+Ulti=giggles

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Picked up Ziggs yesterday. My one game with him so far wasn't terribly impressive. I've spent so long jungling I've almost forgotten how laning works and the delays on his skillshots took a little getting used to. But he's pretty fun. Very spammy, requires a lot of user interaction. And as much as I usually hate Yordles there's something about his manic cheerfulness that rubs me the right way. Will definately be taking the time to learn this guy. Satchel-catapulting yourself over walls feels really good since it requires more coordination than flash.

Mystary!

Arcane
Allthough I agree it can be fun instagibbing, I find it more satisfactory to pull of something that requires skill or quick reflexes. To troll pole a Karthus ult for instance makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Also blind sniping enemies with ult and/or stealing buffs dragons etc with Lux and Ziggs come to mind.

Trying out Allistair at the moment, got him and a Skin for free months ago due to some promotion. A real simple champion, but pretty effective at holding people off for a bit/disrupting attacks-in-progress. But I'm learning him while working towards enough to buy Orianna, who I've heard is the polar opposite. That's fine, had a couple disastrous games with both Heimer and Poppy lately, and I'm in the mood to become competent with new champs.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Alistar is boring as hell when playing support. Solomid or top is where the fun's at, some AP, CDR and a few points in Headbutt will bring a smile to anyones face.

Speaking of top lane, watched yesterday Vman7 playing Blitz with AD runes and completely destroying Nid with his W.Thats at 2200 Elo. That dude never stops suprising me, his stream is pure skill with out of ordinary builds. I saw first from him Mejai Alistar, Revive Panth, Crit Blitz, Deathfire Taric and others. One of my favorite streamers. Highly recommended.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
His actual lane phase is pretty strong vs certain champions, for example, there isn't too much someone like Fiora can do to him solo-top. Regardless, there isn't too much Alistar does with that farm ever since they annihilated his AP ratios.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Ye, his lane is pretty strong but he falls off late game cause Riot nerfed him to hell. But hes fun, and getting to play as top isnt that hard in normal games.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ziggs is pretty fun. Still getting the timing on his skillshots down - especially my landing his ult needs a little work.
Satchel-jumping over walls is hilarious. I'm surprised I don't see more people do that.

But after a 50-min game your arm cramps up since you've been spamming shit everywhere for the entire duration.

This will not surprise the observant observer, but Dyrus is a fucking tard.

Was watching his stream and he played Jax. He built wriggle, then boots and WOTA into another hextech revolver, into gunblade...

Then he predictably evaporated in teamfights, while moaning "new jax is so useless" and raging in all chat "new jax cant do anything".

No fucking shit there dyrus. Jax' AP scalings are completely outclassed by the AD scalings, and when you don't build a single defensive item on your champ (except for small armor/mres on wriggle and boots) of course you will evaporate when everyone else has their rabadons and their IE+PD and their atmogs and whatnot. Even as a glass cannon build his build sucked ass. For all that money he could have gone fratmog and added a negatron cloak on top instead.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
New Jax IS completely useless.

On another note, IEM Hanover's first day is over. Shushei and Fnatic are out :(

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
On another note, IEM Hanover's first day is over. Shushei and Fnatic are out :(

'Merica, Fuck yeah, comin' to save the motha fuckin' day yeah

On a serious note - I'm enjoying the Mordekaiser and Twisted Fate play. Also really wanted to see this ban-worthy Orianna in action.

New Jax IS completely useless.
Maybe, but that still doesn't justify shit item builds. And mid game he still has strong damage output due to high attack speed and damage steroids. He's a third-tier champ but not completely useless. I guess he could also be seen as a counter to fiora top.

Lupus

Liturgist
Shushei and Fnatic are out :(
SPOILARS!
As much as I like my fellow potatoman and Fnatic I'm not really shocked that they didn't qualify. They stay on the same level since Dreamhack and everyone else moved forward. All top euro teams scrim pretty much everyday againt each other, but you can rarely see Fnatic doing so. Last time I watched Shushei's stream Fnatic played ranked 5v5, which isn't really viable alternative to solid scrim session with TSM, AA or CLG.eu.

Lupus

Liturgist
Alright, I just finished watching rerun of Fnatic vs. Dignitas game, which was definitely good. Fnatic's sick comeback made me quite happy.

They still suck though, TRAIN MORE FFS! :x

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I finally realized why I don't like playing ranged AD carries.

It's the laning phase.

I hate having a retarded teammate doing stupid shit in my lane. At least in my jungle/solomid/solotop my interaction with retarded teammates is limited. :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom