Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Personally even at my low GRUNKERs level most supports aren't bloody retarded so I don't mind that. If anything is annoying me during laning as an ad carry it's heal on the enemy carry+soraka. Always heal never die.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't know how you find jungling more enjoyable, because it feels like having four retarded teammates doing stupid shit in my lanes.

So depressing when you stop your farm to gank and the guy gets super aggressive the moment you step in the bush, making it obvious you're on the way

Sordid Jester

Educated
Support is both an empowering and a terribly depressing role at the same time. Empowering to help a clumsy AD carry out, even with an off-beat support like Twisted Fate. Depressing to get reported at the end of the game for troll picking. 'cause Soraka's boss at stopping those constant four-man ganks. Thanks for coming, Veigar, king of stuns! Well done on not getting mid tower, too!

I don't even know how a Veigar can miss every stun he places?

Lupus

Liturgist
Crazy Russians. They may be dicks but damn, they can play this game.

Support is both an empowering and a terribly depressing role at the same time. Empowering to help a clumsy AD carry out, even with an off-beat support like Twisted Fate. Depressing to get reported at the end of the game for troll picking. 'cause Soraka's boss at stopping those constant four-man ganks. Thanks for coming, Veigar, king of stuns! Well done on not getting mid tower, too!

I don't even know how a Veigar can miss every stun he places?

Somehow having a support character with you equates to 'hop in the middle of that enemy ball', sounds like a good idea.

DakaSha

Arcane
I wish I could take brand every game without destroying team comp. He could be my ticket out of GRUNKER hell i think.
I havent played that many games with him but my current record is 5 wins 2 losses

87 Kills
33 Deaths
60 Assists

Of course you aren't really out of GRUNKER hell until you reach about 1500 (I'm guessing) and I'm nowhere near that good but meh.. it cant be worse then this.

It's not enough games played to be sure but i certainly feel confident with him (Kennen as well)

edit: btw the reason i think i can play him so well at my shitty GRUNKER is because people just dont seem to get his mechanics.. I 1v3ed today by letting them chase me... pillar of flame... Q for stun... run... repeat. (With blue of course)

Its funny how often this works.. prob about 90% of the time as long as they arent very tanky and im not low on health

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, GRUNKER hell is everywhere. There is no GRUNKER hell or everywhere is GRUNKER hell, depending on who you ask. You'll find trolls and leavers and bad players in every GRUNKER.

Sometimes I wish there was no GRUNKER, but without GRUNKER we'd have nothing to aspire to. Deep down we just play to see our GRUNKERs get bigger.

DakaSha

Arcane
No, GRUNKER hell is everywhere. There is no GRUNKER hell or everywhere is GRUNKER hell, depending on who you ask. You'll find trolls and leavers and bad players in every GRUNKER.

Sometimes I wish there was no GRUNKER, but without GRUNKER we'd have nothing to aspire to. Deep down we just play to see our GRUNKERs get bigger.

You are not going to convince me that 1500 GRUNKER is as bad as <1000 GRUNKER. I know there is a difference if just for the fact that 800 GRUNKER is not as bad as 950 GRUNKER (You meet the retards on their way down with no idea how ranked is played.. I'm sure the 1200 range is just as bad)

You are always gonna get relatively shitty players and an afk or troll now and then. It is 90% of games at my GRUNKER (Sometimes my team sometimes theirs sometimes both) and i highly doubt that it's that bad higher up. I certainly don't see it on any streams.

Btw when i refer to GRUNKER hell im generally not even bitching about how my skill is better yada yada. It's just not fun to play with a troll/afker/feeder on your team or even on theirs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1500 GRUNKER is nowhere near as bad as low GRUNKER. At sub-1400 you almost always have problems with leavers, people picking weird champions and playing extremely bad.

At 1400+ these problems are much, much less worrying. I don't see leavers or extreme idiots very often.

DakaSha

Arcane
I take back what i said. Not even a well played brand is gonna help vs afkers and top ashes that feed gp >_<

Also the GRUNKER has spoken

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
On the US servers athe overall feel of the game is a lot more serious and reasonable in the 1400+ elo range than below that. 1200-1300s follow the "standard" meta game, but people are completely focused on wracking up kills, and first blood = "GG" in all chat. Sub 1200/placement matches is pretty much anything goes, sometimes a team won't even have a jungler. 1400s still have derps in them, but teams actually focus on objectives (securing buffs, dragon, baron, towers) - at least the teams that win do.

In all honesty, there's even a significant difference between the quality of players I get in 1450+ games vs those at 1400. You'd be amazed at how much of a difference 50 elo makes when you aren't at the upper echelons or bottom depths of the elo bracket.

Also ELO hell doesn't exist. Seriously.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
League of legends is GRUNKER hell. There is no distinction between the two. You may never escape, only gain temporary respite.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
GRUNKER hell is only escaped once you play exclusively in 5-man premades with competent friends you have voicecomms with. That is when your team ceases being faceless retards over the internet and start being friends who may or may not be having a bad day.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hope M5 whoops CLG. Will be cool to see saintvicious getting counterjungled.

And im glad aAa went to semis, SK is a sleep pill, not as bad as CLG but still boring as hell to watch.

AD Alistar is pretty rockin' in Dominion. Just a couple items with high damage output and secondary armor abilities makes him melt players trying to take your Capture Point, and tanky enough to take a beating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom