Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

It's been meta for more than a week ^____^

And it's less passive if anything. The build is a mid game terror but falls off late game. You get the wriggles so that you can win trades with that +30 armor. If I play against someone that rushes infinity edge I know I can trade trade trade blows with him all the time and get out on top and eventually bully him out of lane, es cool thing to do.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
My last game was on the 27th February and people were still building Doran's > VS > IE

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The lifesteal trade seems kinda circumstantial to me. But then, the people I usually play with like running ashe + taric/shen/ali bot. We dont' trade blows. We lock down a squishy and kill him from full health.

I'm not much of an AD Ranged player, but I just had a nice lil game of ashe that resulted in 6/0/2 and the enemy team surrendering at 20 mins to the tune of 5 towers down and 8-0 in kills. Double dorans->zerkers->bf->IE->zeal->game end

I don't always play carries, but when I do, I carry hard.
Stay tanky my friends.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
That roaming Alistar + jungle Lee Sin in the first game of the finals was damn cool. On a side note, it must have been quite disheartening for Voyboy to first get owned against an Irelia and then get owned again as Irelia.

DakaSha

Arcane
When i was playing with WSG me and one of his friends had some miscommunication and double jungled as karth and lee.. it worked really well actually. we ended up wiinning

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trying to get some spring cleaning in my rune/mastery pages. Want to make sure I have something to fill every role, since my pages were kinda drifting towards champ-specific pages for junglers.
So far I've got:

Runes
Generic Caster - MPen Red, Mana regen/lvl yelows, CDR blues, flat AP quints
Generic AD - Armpen reds, flat armor yellows, atkspeed blues, lifesteal quints
Generic jungle - Attackspeed Reds, flat armor yellows, mr/lvl blues, lifesteal quints
WTF AD - Flat AD Reds, Flat armor yellows, Flat AD blues, Flat AD Quints (Yay riven! :D)
Akali - 7/2 flat ad/magic pen reds, hp/lvl yellows, flat AP blues, 2/1 flat ap/flat hp quints (along with her masteries enough to activate both passives at lvl 2 without items so I can go boot+pots)
I want to be a dragon! - Flat AD reds, Flat armor yellows, MR/Lvl blues, lifesteal quints (I play a LOT of shyvana these days)
Morganananana - Mpen reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, flat ap blues, flat ap quints (the best way to facemelt with the Morg)
Unassigned 1 - empty
Unassigned 2 - empty
Unassigned 3 - empty

Masteries
Fudge page - used for whatever if I haven't got masteries at hand
AD Jungle 21/9/0 - Kitty stance Udyr, jungle fiora, nocturne, jungle MANtheon
AD Lane 24/0/6 - Ashe, graves, vayne etc.
Caster Lane 21/0/9 - Morgana, Ziggs, Xerath, Annie
Tanky Jungle 9/21/0 - Bird Udyr, Rammus, Alistar
Support :( 0/9/21 - Sona, Soraka, Janna, Karma
I want to be a dragon! 21/9/0 - Jungle Shyvana
Akali 21/9/0 -- Akali
Tanky support! :3 Alistar, Taric
Unassigned 1 - empty

Any good ideas to a mastery page and 3 rune pages I ought to fill out to make sur eI cover all roles?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hmmm... AP jungler runes sounds like a good idea. I had sejuani running the atkspeed runes. Not a big fan of mumu (I find him boring), but mao might be fun

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
M5 did very well, defeating the European and American collectives with ease. To say that any of the teams "played like silver league" is laughable at best.

Anyways, I'm guessing you're not playing Solo Top, right Ulmtinati?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I play a bit of everything. Mostly jungle though.

And dignitas did get stomped on so hard it looked like the rioters vs pros game from last years dreamhack.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Getting hardcore (having a runepage for an edge vs anything) into solo top will require a lot of IP, Armor Quints, MR Quints, HP Regen quints (and the Mspeed+Attack Damage which you already have). It's really nice to have armor when you're facing Garen/Gangplank in certain matchups or MR vs Teemo/Kennen/Rumble. Though you can suffice just fine without those.

Or you can run WholesaleGenocide's Garen page and use Experience Quints to catch people offguard with an early level 6 and kill them lolololololol

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Investing in a bunch of different solotop pages kind of defeats the point of trying to get a runepage/mastery setup that'll do for every champion.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cant decide what new champ im gonna main, im not into solo top nor ad bot, adhd farming doesnt suits me right now. Mid I was thinking of Swain, some tips and tactics anyone? I only main Grag and Veigar mid, figure its time for another one.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Swain's not in a particularly great spot right now, though he's not terrible.

Pros:

- Very few others play him, easy to pick.
- Never banned
- Might be buffed in the future and you'll know how to play as him
- Probably will never be nerfed unless some massive meta shift occurs (like a new item or every other AP nerfed)

Cons:

- Unreliable CC
- Shut down easily by ignite, fizz
- Outclasses during lane and teamfight phase by other champs.
- Low burst but decent DPS (this is a pro or a con depending on your playstyle)

Overall, he's a totally viable champion, but he's not really sought after.

As always, I personally recommend Karthus since he's the best champion in the game. Mordekaiser is actually in a great place since he counterpicks certain mids really well. Kennen, Ziggs and Xerath are always solid choices. I personally think that Annie and Malzahar are still really strong, just forgotten. I really don't think that Ahri is nearly as good a pubstomper after those nerfs.

Edit: You may have noticed a lack of mention to Ryze and Cassiopeia - frankly, Riot needs to fucking nerf those champions or buff everyone else. They're definitely really good, but they'll likely be the first to be nerfed. Didn't mention Kass/Morgana because they're permabanned until like 1600 elo or so.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Cant decide what new champ im gonna main, im not into solo top nor ad bot, adhd farming doesnt suits me right now. Mid I was thinking of Swain, some tips and tactics anyone? I only main Grag and Veigar mid, figure its time for another one.

Grab Malzahar. You don't even need to actively farm 'cause E afk farms for you. Instead you can focus on bullying everyone (EVERYONE!) out of lane, melting their faces with W + R if they ever get close. In my most humble opinion, Malzahar has to be one of the strongest fucking laners in the whole damn game, and I've never met a hard counter (except quicksilver sash, but I don't think I have to explain why getting that as a first item is a bad idea). There are some blokes you probably won't kill (like Xerath, you'll just eat a stun combo the moment you get close to rape him), but you can still safely hug the turret and get CS with E no matter what happens. If you master Malzahar and get lightning reflexes, even the likes of Kassadin/LeBlanc are killable if you manage to foresee their blinks and put the silencing Qs on their landing zones, which effectively makes them put themselves on a platter -> W + R + ignite, GG.

Not to mention you can build him as an AD carry and get two for the price of one because his voidling scales off Malzahar's AD and armour pen :troll:

Malzahar es #1 :rpgcodex:

DakaSha

Arcane
don't you just get a quickwhateversash and malz is countered? At least it seems to me that would be the case.

I still vote for brand and kennen.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Trundle, worth a purchase or not? Want another addition to my stable of junglers/top champs and Trundle looks like a decent addition. Plus he's a troll. He never seems to be on rotation though, so haven't actually tried him. Worth saving up IP for?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trundle used to be a very, very strong counter jungler. I'm not sure how the new jungle affected him, since counterjungling seems less effective with camps respawning faster. His ganks are ok if your lane can supply CC, but this gapcloser is kinda meh and his pillar takes practice to get right.

I've played him for a few games. I did decently with him, but he wasn't terribly fun to play imo. I know a few people who swear by him but he doesn't click with me.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thx for the tips, i played a few games with Swain loong time ago, but couldnt really get the feel with him.
His combos and timing take some time to get smooth. Malz is cool but i always found him to squishy, might give him another shot, usually lke bursters.

Bought Orianna today, fed and sucked like a noob first game. 0-6-8 or something. Was really hard to get the combo right, and when i focus to kill someone usually got owned cause i didnt watched rest of the game. Grag is way easier to play. This robot bitch needs some serious training.

And Azael, I think Trundle is in my Top 3 ranked champs, highly reccomended.
Unmached mobility, only jungler I play without Flash and a bonus damage bite every few seconds.
Start with boots+3hp, do red at lv 2 and go gank at level 3 after red. With W and E you'll burn their flashes at the second they notice you.

DakaSha

Arcane
I was under the impression that the ultimate is what makes urgot. at least anywhere but the early game where he can decimate anybody

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom