Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I only wonder whether she has

nekked pix

:yeah:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wonder what her ratios are like. And if you can cast whimsy on yourself.

If Pix'es attacks scale with AP and her ratios aren't too abysmal she might make a decent AP mid even with only 2 direct damage spells.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Wonder what her ratios are like. And if you can cast whimsy on yourself.

If Pix'es attacks scale with AP and her ratios aren't too abysmal she might make a decent AP mid even with only 2 direct damage spells.
From Xypherous:

"Having only two offensive spells, only one of which is AoE, means that you're a rather poor choice as the primary AP for a team.

She can certainly go and not lose mid against an AP, for example, but she's never going to become a mage doing so in the mid/late game."

And yes, you can cast Whimsy on yourself:

"The AP buff for Lulu is primary intended to be self-support, for those games where you just can't find anyone that really benefits from your AP."

Mystary!

Arcane
I wonder if the health from the ultimate disappears after the duration or if the surplus health stays so it could be used like a heal.

I call Ezreal a cum-guzzling waste of a champion slot because, quite frankly, 99% of all players (including myself) aren't skilled enough to justify picking him.

You have to:

- Bully your opponent out of lane
- Get a massive lead on your opponent (Even if Vayne is 25 CS behind, she still won vs an ezreal)
- Land every single skillshot perfectly

In order to function as well as a typical AD carry.

Is it fair? Not really, but that's how it is.

And I derive enjoyment out of attempting to master all of the above.

I can only play Viktor for so long until it becomes a snore, the same goes for any other bog-standard AP champ.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, saved up the IP and bought Trundle. Only had time to fuck around in custom so far with him, but liking what I see so far. TIME TO TROLL!

Also, Macallan 18 yo is so much better than 12 yo. Was a bit disappointed by some of the beer tonight though, the Brewdog mixpack was so-so compared to what they are capable of. Alice Porter was a quite boring Baltic porter for example. Moral of the story though: Craft beer that didn't taste as good as you had hoped will still get you drunk.

Xi

Arcane
So is ELO unreliable or are american solo queue ranked players just dumber than european?

ELO has always been unreliable. It measures luck more than anything else. Skill only affects random chance if you find a niche champion/strat, but don't expect it to last for too long. Again, look at the top rated players. They keep changing. No one lasts on top. They ALL fall to obscurity eventually, never to return.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Gettin' somewhere with my Veigar supportin'. Thirteen wins to five losses so far, and two of those had players leave on us - the other three our mid/top lane simply ended up so far behind that there was no damage to make use of my stuns (cue 'Veigar', why don't you do damage?!'). Faerie pendant alone (with the mana regen mastery) is enough to sustain with his passive and that stun pretty much never falls off. Enough damage to be a presence into mid-game, plus scaling off any enemy AP characters to the point of still having a viable nuke in that ultimate (nothing game-changing, mind.).

Not at a high ELO admittedly but boy, it really works down here so far (1100-1300. Climbing back up since I started Veigar). Going to see for how long I can carry myself with it!

DakaSha

Arcane
I like the bloodthirster stack loss on death change. I always thought that was retarded

193xcp.png

:smug:

Best support EU-W.

And yes, that was in ranked - so it'll leave a permanent scar.

Sound decent, but the skins being released in this patch is a whole load of bullshit and chips.

Kog'maw? He's got enough motherfucking skins.
Graves? Fair enough.

Fuckers.

Juul

Learned
I call Ezreal a cum-guzzling waste of a champion slot because, quite frankly, 99% of all players (including myself) aren't skilled enough to justify picking him.

You have to:

- Get a massive lead on your opponent (Even if Vayne is 25 CS behind, she still won vs an ezreal)

I'm glad you're putting up the only actual points that makes sense in criticizing Ez, but I don't think a champion is a waste because it's hard to play well. We can't all play Ryze or top WW :)

Lol, irelia nerfs
FUUUUUUUUU. If the leaked notes are spot on, I think they might actually have gone too far with the W.

DakaSha

Arcane

You have to:

I'm glad you're putting up the only actual points that makes sense in criticizing Ez, but I don't think a champion is a waste because it's hard to play well. We can't all play Ryze or top WW :)

I think the point is that you should get what you put into it. If it takes mroe skull to master a champ then that champ should be (a bit) more powerful (when played well) otherwise whats the point. May as well stick to easy mode champs.

This isnt just an issue of fairness and balance but of the satisfaction gained by mastering a hard champ.

Not that i ever will :smug:

Juul

Learned
I think the point is that you should get what you put into it. If it takes mroe skull to master a champ then that champ should be (a bit) more powerful (when played well) otherwise whats the point. May as well stick to easy mode champs.

This isnt just an issue of fairness and balance but of the satisfaction gained by mastering a hard champ.

Not that i ever will :smug:

Ezreal has the tools to bully his lane way out, especially if laning with a competent support. I consider this a pretty good trade-off for being sub-par late game. Personally I think mastering a hard champ is more than enough satisfaction in itself, but I am also of the opinion that Riot has put plenty of carrots out on the harder champions. (Poppy, Blitzcrank, Anivia, Lee Sin etc. are all very strong when played WELL, and less than decent when played at an OK level or plain bad. Landing walls, grabs, nice dragonkicks or Q's, or straight up insta-gibbing an enemy carry all feel pretty great)

Six months of easymode AP carries has left me with a craving for something different, so I'll not give up on Ezreal in a hurry.
Ez is not an AP carry more-so than Corki. And I think there's plenty of hard AP carries :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lol, irelia nerfs
FUUUUUUUUU. If the leaked notes are spot on, I think they might actually have gone too far with the W.

It's no secret that certain people at riot hate irelia. I'm just surprised they haven't Evelynnified her yet.

Speaking of Eve, I miss my sorakabot jungle. :( 2 years of being lolunderpowered, 3 months of glorious viability, then nerfed down to even worse than she was before jungle. Goodnight, sweet princess.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No pretty princess Lulu skin!? WTF IS THIS SHIT!

:mob:

In other news, I'm glad to see Hexdrinker got a further upgrade. I often find myself wanting to incorporate it in my builds, but it's hard to justify taking up an inventory slot with what is effectively a tier 2 item. The new passive though... I'm predicting a LOT of Tryndameres building Malmortius. Possibly Olafs too. I mean, a 1hp trynd in ultimate is getting 89 AD from Malmortius alone. That's almost a fully stacked Bloodthirster right there.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So is ELO unreliable or are american solo queue ranked players just dumber than european?

ELO has always been unreliable. It measures luck more than anything else. Skill only affects random chance if you find a niche champion/strat, but don't expect it to last for too long. Again, look at the top rated players. They keep changing. No one lasts on top. They ALL fall to obscurity eventually, never to return.

Meanwhile Scarra has been number 1 for the past few weeks straight, and every good big name pro has been able to reach top 10 when they put their mind into it and they aren't busy with tournaments.

You see Xi, it's people like you who can't accept how good they actually are that make all of the "Elo Hell!!!!!!" arguments hard to take seriously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom