Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Never understood why is anyone calling Shaco OP. Nice mobility and ganks, but dies like a fly if you turn around and look at him. Same with Cass. Nasty dots and burst but disable her for a sec and shes gone. Rammus,Skarner,Shen,WW,Mundo=Sustain+cc with decent damage, get ignite,kill last. Kass+Morgana=just fucking nasty to deal with, feed one of them and its gg.Very hard to stop when they snowball. OP? Dunno, but I avoid playing against those two.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Never understood why is anyone calling Shaco OP. Nice mobility and ganks, but dies like a fly if you turn around and look at him. Same with Cass. Nasty dots and burst but disable her for a sec and shes gone. Rammus,Skarner,Shen,WW,Mundo=Sustain+cc with decent damage, get ignite,kill last. Kass+Morgana=just fucking nasty to deal with, feed one of them and its gg.Very hard to stop when they snowball. OP? Dunno, but I avoid playing against those two.

People call Shaco OP because his ganks are very difficult to deal with unless all 5 team members are coordinated via voice chat.

Cass is called OP because she has an insane lane phase, insane team fight, insane single target DPS and insane late game. If you ever face a good one, which I doubt you have, you'll understand.

Ignite really isn't much of a counter to Rammus/Skraner/Shen at all, and it's a really overrated counter to WW/Mundo.

Juul

Learned
I was gonna write pretty much exactly what Phage did. I believe this will probably be the first and only time this happens :O

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Cass' only weakness is that she's a glass cannon, but that is hardly a weakness in a game where the average player lacks the basic intelligence to burst down fragile targets first.

Juul

Learned
Rylai's along with spellvamp, along with GA/zhonyas/banshees/QSS does not really qualify as glass cannon in my book. While she is pretty fragile compared to your average bruiser, she's more durable than most mids. I'd say that she, along with Anivia, is probably the AP carry that depends the least on high AP to do decent damage.

I think what really trademarks her, is the ability to go 1 for 1 in almost every situation due to her insane damage potential in both burst and dps scenarios.

EDIT: I guess what really makes her pseudo-durable is her ability to kill her opponent faster than he kills her in most situations.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Don't forget Shaco is one of the most annoying split-pushers ever.

Unrelated question, do any of you happen to know if Teemo shrooms that you planted scale with your current AP, or with the AP at the time you planted them?

DakaSha

Arcane
I'm not betting my life on it but i believe i remember reading its at placement time. and most abilities if not all act like this. i could be wrong though

Oh lord this game makes me hate people. Yeah why not go to sit next to the dragon when a big teamfight is coming, and just sit there and ping it until your team gets attacked? And then sit there some more. Also what the fuck is the point of playing a tank when the reaction to your initiation is always that everybody scatters in random directions just to die 5v1 one by one?

FFF shit piss cunt fuck bitch

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Oh lord this game makes me hate people. Yeah why not go to sit next to the dragon when a big teamfight is coming, and just sit there and ping it until your team gets attacked? And then sit there some more. Also what the fuck is the point of playing a tank when the reaction to your initiation is always that everybody scatters in random directions just to die 5v1 one by one?

FFF shit piss cunt fuck bitch

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
What level you at? Server? Nickname?
Play with codex bros, most of us are lv30 and know how to play(troll).

Level 17... It takes forever to get levels :( Seems like mixing level 30 players and level 17 players gets something like a team of solely level 25 players against while your's still only has level 20 at most not counting the one lvl 30...

EU NE server, Persekaira.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Unrelated question, do any of you happen to know if Teemo shrooms that you planted scale with your current AP, or with the AP at the time you planted them?
Wiki says "Traps update when Teemo gains AP or level up the ability." Don't know if accurate. Test it!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
With a 10/1/9 win Shyvana is now my third most played ranked champ after Riven and Janna, knocking Morgana out of the list. Goodnight, my love. We had such fun until you got ding dong bannu every game :(

At least we got those 450 S1 games to keep the fire burning until I'm allowed to play you again :love:

With a 10/1/9 win Shyvana is now my third most played ranked champ after Riven and Janna, knocking Morgana out of the list. Goodnight, my love. We had such fun until you got ding dong bannu every game :(

At least we got those 450 S1 games to keep the fire burning until I'm allowed to play you again :love:
God damn scalefags :rpgcodex:

Broken the 1600 GRUNKERS to join Grunker with some quality top and support play - would have been over half way to the next tier, if not for the lagspikes and disconnects which seem to be the only thing that can stop this rising phoenix.

The EUW servers, since last patch, have been filled with so many chat, disconnect, friend-list bugs that I would not know where to start. Spending half an hour trying to invite for a group only to end up with Ess Vee feeding isn't exactly efficient usage of time :thumbsup:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Played a 48 minute game now where the game would go into screenshot mode every minute. Very annoying, and ping showed was steady 47ms. Fun game with Nasus counterpicking himself vs Fiora and not building armor till 40min in game, our jungle Irelia was useless whole game ending with less gold than me, and team would gladly facecheck every bush even after several warnings to not go where I did not put a ward. Instalock pro players cant focus and get separated and picked off 1 by 1. Catch that Shaco. One thing of notice was their Ashe that was very good. Never got focused in teamfights if I didnt catch her, ended up with 20k gold. Impressive.

Oh, and added you, Persekaira.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
On the downside, the EUW servers are indeed back to pre-split conditions although queues are usually less than 3 minutes. Weird considering the other servers didn't seem to take it up the bum like lil bitches during the latest patch. But ranked is actually more enjoyable now that the chat isn't working -- no more annoying lastpicks going "TOP OR I FEED!" since noone can hear them. People actually make semi-reasonable picks most games.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also, had a few horribad shyvana games in ranked so now my win rate on my 3rd most played champ is down to 70% :(

Most games I end up with horribad stats on shyv and proceed to win 'cause the game doesn't tell anyone how many towers I exploded (About 2-3 per match on average) and how many dragons I soloed. (Usually 3-5), and how many red/blubuffz I stole (enemy jungler often remarks on how they "finally" get to have their redbuff at the 20-25min mark).

Also, ulting in on an enemy tower, burninating everything and typing "/all FUS RO DAH!"* as your carry cleans up never gets old. Until Ashe shoots you in the knee.

*Although technically I ought to be typing "/all YOL TOOR SHUL!" when I do fire breath.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Lol, got raped by Fizz mid. That hopping shit is so gay. There ended my Grag win streak. And played 100 ranked games with Blitz. 59-41, not too bad, ive had more success with the latest triple gold item build.

Juul

Learned
You gotta dodge dem fishes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom