Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Trollpole > You.

Also, I'm really not a fan of triple gold on my supports. Find the third item makes inventory space too much of a premium, considering I'm also sporting boots and wards. My usual support build these days tends to be:

Start:
faerie char + vision ward + 2x sight ward + health pot (Extra gold from utility masteries. Type and number of wards may change depending on whether or not I manage to CV the enemy supports inventory)

@700gold, bluepill for philostone + ward

@900 gold, bluepill for HoG + ward

From then on, get 2+ wards whenever I bluepill. I usually get the following items in order:

Boots 1 -> Kindlegem -> Oracles -> Ionian boots of Lucidity

At this point, depending on how well teamfights go and how much jewgold I have I'll either start building Aegis (to keep my gold/5 going longer) or shoot straight for
Locket of the Iron solari -> Another HoG -> Shurelia's reverie -> Randuin's omen

A typical super-late game build on my janna/soraka/leona/alistar/sona/taric looks like this:
[Shurelia's Reverie] [Locket of the Iron Solari] [Randuin's Omen] [Ionian Boots of lucidity] [Aegis of the Legion] [Green Ward x5]

Though most games I usually end up just having [Locket of the Iron Solari] [Philosopher's stone] [Kindlegem] [Ionian boots of Lucidity] [Ruby Crystal] [Ward x5] by the 30-40 min mark. Getting 2-5 wards every time I head back to base really adds up, even with 2 gold items, gold quints, gold yellows and gold utility masteries.

I don't play Sona often, but on her I'd consider getting a [soul shroud+shurelia+HoG] instead of [shurelia+iron solari+part of aegis] just because of how much mana regen and CDR helps her in a teamfight.

I occasionally buy Mejai's soulstealer if laning goes well. :oops:
Given I typically end up with a KDA of 1/2/25 (or thereabouts) on Janna, it usually has enough stacks to be worth it by the time teamfights start in earnest. Throwing out 3-4 shields in a teamfight that absorb 600hp each and popping a 1.5k monsoon AoE heal on top of the iron solari shield makes your entire team remarkably resilient.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only do Blitz and Leona as support, and focus on regen for the most part. Triple(or quadra with runes/masteries) allow me to buy some big items early on besides getting wards.
Im not much into buff and protect yo carry, im more into disturbance, zoning and scaring their lane. I grab, set up for the carry to wipe em from the map.
Had 2 fast games now with Graves on the lane, both of em went godlike easy. Bait, harras, take some damage and then pull and wtfpwn em.

I still think this whole support setup is wrong, its just lame playing for 30 minutes with 0 cs. Even supports should get proper items instead of leeching those gold/10 items. Blitz with sheen/glacial shroud is shitload more scary than Blitz with philo/turtle.

Oh, and 1482 now. hihihi

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Leona with aegis/shurelia/locket + eclipse is still tanky enough to initiate a fight. A decent blitz doesn't really need all that many items either -- you mainly get him for the CC and that doesn't scale with anything (except maybe CDR :p)

Also, Leona/Blitz have horribad AP ratios. A lucky pick on blitz is at best +40 damage on your full combo, and the only abilities that scale of fof it have super long cooldowns. Leonas rations are .3/.4/.4/.8 so again, even a full combo of all her abilities will do slightly less than 40 extra damage with a lucky pick.

I'd strongly urge you to consider dropping the gold for a pick and getting Aegis/shurelia/iron solari sooner. 765 gold for a pick that gives you 5 gold/10 means it'll earn itself back at a rate of 30 gold per minute or 25.5 minutes total before it's actually giving you profit. the item it builds into (deathfire grasp) is also not really worth it unless you stack massive amounts of AP. (unlike philostone/locket both of which have very good teamfight utility)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Spending half an hour trying to invite for a group only to end up with Ess Vee feeding isn't exactly efficient usage of time :thumbsup:

Swedes never feed. they encounter bullshit lag glitches :rpgcodex:

(Of course, danes never feed either. They get camped while their own fucktard jungler never shows up for the first hundred million minutes)

Still, maybe we should think about rolling a tryhard team with the BritBROs. I'm thinking you, me, SV, Rigimortis, Pranek and Mongoose have enough GRUNKERs between us to take it into 1500s easy. (Maybe Felfurion too. although he does some hilariously dumb shit occasionally). Our main weakness is that we don't really have any super-solid mid players. Especially not if they ban both Morg and Annie.

Because getting killed 12 times with 12 kills and 15 assists is feeding... especially when my self-righteous suicide leads to the wipe of the enemy team more often than not.

Ingrates.

:rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
LOLOLOLOLOLO BROS

I HAD THIS GAME WHERE OUR WW HAD 35 MINS OF FREEFARM AND WAS FUCKING FED. HE GOT JUMPED IN THE RIVER NEAR DRAGON WHILE WE WERE ALL NEARBY. THE TEAM RUSHES IN TO DEFEND OUR CARRY-WW. WW WALKS LEISURELY INTO THE DRAGON PIT AND FLASHES OVER THE WALL, LEAVING US ALL TO DIE IN A 4V5, THEN SAYS "REPORT MY TEAM!"

NOT SURE IF TROLL OR JUST REALLY DUMB.

Well I submitted to peer pressure and made account on EUW, name Jarl of Jazz. Dunno how much I will play but there it is.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I for one welcome the new potato BROs who made their first tentative steps into EUW. I even built a ghetto lovely place on my BROlist for you to stay :bro:
y8Jsp.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So we had 1 game. 2 people got caught out of position a bunch o' times so we lost a bunch of 4v5 teamfights. Then we lost ze match and they didn't respond to reinvitan. Must be lags :M

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
they didn't respond to reinvitan.

I missclicked the [home] button after the game, saw you log out and thought we aren't playing moar so I just jumped back to eune :M

2 people got caught out of position a bunch o' times so we lost a bunch of 4v5 teamfights.

Meanwhile, some others decided to just ignore a sion that kept raeping the shit out of everything. Prob lags :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I missclicked the [home] button after the game, saw you log out and thought we aren't playing moar so I just jumped back to eune :M
Chat/BROlist on EUW is a laggy piece of shit. I reinvited everyone + jim, SV and Phoenix joined and we spent 10 mins reinvitan over and over 'cause you all showed as online.

Meanwhile, some others decided to just ignore a sion that kept raeping the shit out of everything. Prob lags :M

Sry man, next time I'll rush executioners calling on janna before philo/hog and drop CV for ignite :love:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Man, there's nothing worse than understimating the guy you're laning against.

I'd laugh if you told me an Olaf got beaten by Pantheon. :/

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mantheons spear homes, olafs axe does not. Mantheon has a stun and a decent anti-poke passive. If he's halfway decent, mantheon should win the lane until lv6. Especially if the BROlaf is crap :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom