Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll be online for next 3 hours if someone wants to duoq or derp around. Want to try some new champs.
mmm...Teemo

DakaSha

Arcane
oh shit i forgot he got fix-buffed. I love that champ. gotta try him again as well

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That specific Shen nerf means Ulminati won our little bet

:rage:

Luckily he'll be too busy masturbating furiously to the new Morgana skin to care.

Fixed it for you

newmorgana.jpg

She's like a sexy Ravel Puzzlewell
:love:

Shen:
  • Stand United global ranged reduced from 25000 to 5500.
KURWA

KURWA

KURWA

KURWA YOU

KURWA YOU ALL KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA

I WISH THIS KURWA SHEN BUFF NEVER CAME TO EXISTENCE I HOPE YOU ALL FUCKING ROT

KURWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't think of it as a nerf, Roxor. Think of it as being allowed to pick Shen in draft pick again :smug:

'cause dat global map pres--- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Shen:
FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU ALL FUCKING STUPID FUCKING WHINING CUNTS

I WISH THIS FUCKING SHEN BUFF NEVER CAME TO EXISTENCE I HOPE YOU ALL FUCKING ROT

FUCK
See the bright side: if that nerf goes live, Shen won't be permabanned anymore.:M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not to douse your parade, but they've stated they're removing that shen nerf.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23594462#23594462

It'll be back. They've done similar things in the past. I'm guessing the final range will be scaling similar to TF/panths ultis.

does she cost 18 dollars

You can't put a pricetag on true love :love:

And they're giving chalice of harmony an upgrade path. I usually end up getting chalice on morg. This makes me all tingly in ways I cannot properly articulate.

Stereotypical Villain
BLACKTHORn MORGANA WHeRE?!

Looking over the test realm item notes:

Haunting Guise:
  • Components changed: Ruby Crystal + Amplifying Tome + Recipe (575), to Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome + Recipe (615).
  • Stats changed: 25 Ap, 200 HP, 20 Magic Penetration ,to 45 Ap, 8% Movement Speed and 20 Magic Penetration.
It doesn't fix the fundamental problem with HGuiz (no upgrade path) but the +movespeed change is interesting to say the least. If they added a further thing to combine it with similar to what they did for hexdrinker (and now chalice) I could see myself building it.

Morello's Evil Tome:
  • Item Cost reduced: 2350, to 2330.
  • Recipe Cost increased: 245 to 440.
  • Components changed: Blasting Wand + Fiendish Codex, to Kage's Lucky Pick + Fiendish Codex.
  • Added - UNIQUE Active: Inflicts target enemy champion with Grievous Wound, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 6 seconds (20 second cooldown)
Given how popular mundo/vlad are these days, the active is quite interesting. The AP version of executioner's calling. I also approve of Kage's having more upgrade paths than DFG, possibly making it a viable gold item on a support now.

Juul

Learned
Lol, Shen could do with some word, but the fake nerf is obviously over the the top. I wonder how many of the notes are true.
- Also possible wota cost increase, fml.

Athene's grail thing is sexy for swain, anivia and galio on the top of my head.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shen:
YES. No reason to remove all global teleports but let Shen keep his. Do this and I'll speak no more of Shen.

I've been waiting for a Morgana-skin worth buying. Is this it? I dunno. It's better than the current ones I guess but it's still just a grey and brown puddle. The idea is cool but the skin itself doesn't look that cool ingame.

Fucking pussies.

atheneunholy.png

Time to finally buy Galio.

MEH!

I do not like this item for Galio. See below.

Athene's grail thing is sexy for galio

Not really. At least that's my first impression Let's think a little - when would he upgrade? Most of the time I'd rather finish lvl2 boots and Banshee's. Once that's done, I can be in need of more magic res, more AP or armor. If I need armor, I'll buy Glacial Shroud. If I need AP or magic resist, I'll buy Abyssal Scepter. Athene's Grail is obviously a substitution for this item, but I'd sure as hell never buy it. It's less magic resist for a bunch of AP (that we can get along with resistances anyway, that's why we're playing Galio in the first place) and a lot of mana regen that we don't really need once we've finished laning... And even before that we can do without it.

I see Athene's Grail as a great item for Swain and Anivia, maybe in a tough motherfucking lane for a few other APs. But in its current form I doubt I'll be double-clicking on it for Galio. The only thing that redeems it somewhat is that sweet, sweet CDR.

I dunno. It just looks like too much work for too little immortality.

EDIT: The item is DECIDEDLY the buff Anivia and Swain needed however. Holy fucking sweet mother of mary jesus this item is gay on them :D

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
MiG Blaze roflstomps CLG, knocking them out of the tourney. Kwanzanians suffer crushing defeat by the MiG "B"-team. Phage silently rages!

Juul

Learned
CLG got molested. Can't say I'm surprised, Korean teams are really strong. Guess this means a MiG Blaze vs. MiG Frost (LOCODOCO POWAH) Korean tourney final coming up.
This B-team is probably better than most European teams too, by the looks of it.

I for one welcome our new Korean overlords.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've been waiting for a Morgana-skin worth buying. Is this it? I dunno. It's better than the current ones I guess but it's still just a grey and brown puddle. The idea is cool but the skin itself doesn't look that cool ingame.

Don't listen to him, Morgana! He doesn't love you like I do!

Granted, the model is a but clunky (although I totally dig the sexy Ravel Puzzlewell vibe she gives off). The particles are a bit too large too, especially on soul shackles. That's goign to be a giant black blob in a teamfight. But I absolutely adore the tormented soil particle. Both the thorns around the edge and how it evaporated into the air at the end of the duration.

Fucking pussies.
Agreed. :decline: of RIOT. Alter shens ultimate to scale in rage like you did with Noc, TF and Panth. If he actually has to leave his lane to TP to the next, teams will at least have some warning he's coming and be able to play aggressive until then. He forces the same passive "we-don't-know-if-there's-1-more-of-them" style of laning you got so butthurt about with evelynn. If you're not nerfing shen's range, can you at least completely rape all of his other abilities so he will be considered a troll pick like you did with eve, then leave him like that for over a year?
:troll:

MEH!

I do not like this item for Galio. See below.

Athene's grail thing is sexy for galio

Not really. At least that's my first impression Let's think a little - when would he upgrade? Most of the time I'd rather finish lvl2 boots and Banshee's. Once that's done, I can be in need of more magic res, more AP or armor. If I need armor, I'll buy Glacial Shroud. If I need AP or magic resist, I'll buy Abyssal Scepter. Athene's Grail is obviously a substitution for this item, but I'd sure as hell never buy it. It's less magic resist for a bunch of AP (that we can get along with resistances anyway, that's why we're playing Galio in the first place) and a lot of mana regen that we don't really need once we've finished laning... And even before that we can do without it.

I see Athene's Grail as a great item for Swain and Anivia, maybe in a tough motherfucking lane for a few other APs. But in its current form I doubt I'll be double-clicking on it for Galio. The only thing that redeems it somewhat is that sweet, sweet CDR.

I dunno. It just looks like too much work for too little immortality.

It's fucking sexy on swain and anivia. (And possibly morg too). It also opens up interesting avenues for mana-hungry junglers like skarner/mumu to keep their jungle speed up past the 7-min mark without their mid threatenign to go AFK, or the option of donating blu to top instead.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
He doesn't love you like I do!

Oh I think I do. of the 25 solo queue games I have been allowed to play her, I have 18 wins. I had a positive score in all but 1 of those games. She's my number 1, my sweet honey bee. If I get a chance to pick her, she's picked. Galio is probably the only one I'd make love to with the same intensity <3

The new particles ARE really cool though. For 975, I'll buy it :)

Although I do agree that the animation on the ult seems like a bad idea.

It's fucking sexy on swain and anivia.

See my edit. In my mind this item is to make up for the blue buff nerf on Anivia and Swain. It is not for Galio.

Juul

Learned

I'm not sure why you like Abyssal scepter if you don't like this.
Let's compare them:

Abyssal: +70 AP (essentially 98), +57 MR, -20 MR aura. 2650g

Athene's: +80 AP (essentially 100), +40 MR, +Chalice, +endless mana in teamfights (new passive), +15% CDR, 2950g
The differences from Abyssal to Athene's boils down to this:
- Less damage in burst, pretty much same AP, but without aura
- 300 gold
- Synergy with possible top AP
- 17 MR

+ Close to endless mana, especially in teamfights
+ An upgrade to Chalice, meaning less wasted gold from early to end-game.
+ 15% CDR, probably my favorite part. With frozen heart + 2 points in enlightenment, you will cap CDR almost perfectly, which I think outweights the burst damage loss. (EDIT: Come to think of it, you will only need 1 point, as sorcery mastery will do the rest)
+ Frees up blue buff for top/ad carry

The way I see it, it's basicly a blue buff on an item with added AP. I guess the main dispute is wether Galio needs the manaregen to which I will answer: Yes, I believe so. He's a poker, and without blue this can't be done. Besides, if you don't think he needs mana, possible not even in lane-phase, why do you want blue buff anyway?

EDIT: Inability to use quotes properly.

EDIT2: In conclusion I guess I'd consider abyssal over athene's, if you're against something really magic heavy or your top synergizes well with it. Or even better, both.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
+ Close to endless mana, especially in teamfights

I have endless mana with a blue buff. This is literally a non-issue. Even without blue buff it's extremely rare to run out mid/late. Unless we get into some extremely serious poking.

+ An upgrade to Chalice, meaning less wasted gold from early to end-game.

I don't sell chalice until extreme late-game anyway.

+ 15% CDR, probably my favorite part.

This be da bomb, as I have already ackknowledged.

+ Frees up blue buff for top/ad carry

Top will usually not need it. If top does, I'll gladly double-click on this item, but let's agree that this is a rare case. Even if top wants it that top will probably be happy for an Abyssal too. For AD carries, I'll double click on it for Kog's sake.

Besides, if you don't think he needs mana, possible not even in lane-phase, why do you want blue buff anyway?

He does. He really, really does. Let me pose a counter-question: Would you agree that all mana-based AP-carries need blue buff? If so, why don't you think of this as a core item on every AP Carry out there?

Just because it's a blue buff on a stick does not make it core on everyone who enjoys a blue buff.

So the differences that really matter are these:

For Athene's, for 300 extra gold I get:

- 15% CDR
- 2 extra AP
- lose 17 MR
- lose MR-reducing aura

Now, the differences are really small. Lower CDR means more damage, but losing MR-reducing aura means less damage so those balance out. Abyssal helps your AP top and whatever else magic damage you might have in your team, while simultaneously giving you a bit of extra MR.

I might be wrong and that 15% CDR will make all the difference, but I doubt it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker
Don't forget this is an indirect buff to mana-hungry junglers who suddenly aren't cut off from their second blue such as Mumu and skarner. And a direct buff for Stereotypical Villain who often insists on antagonizing pugger mids by refusing to share bluebuff until sometime past the 30min mark.

If you aren't running double-ap, then the item looks like an overall better investment on galio than the skull dildo. Same goes for if you're shunted to top as Galio and your mid insists on getting the blu.

Also... What's preventing you from getting both? :M
I recall we had a similar argument of hourglass vs wizard hat when zhonyas ring got split.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I could see it working for Amumu. Not sure about Skarner, but that's mostly because I don't know that much about him.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Deadly Mongoose (not sure if you recall him) mains jungle skarner. He's a bit like amumu in that he has an AoE farm ability that he also keeps up for ganking ('cause of slows) that is very mana intensive. Allowing skarner to keep 2nd, maybe 3rd blue will make his jungle clear a lot faster and still afford him enough mana to gank afterwards. Plus 20% more ultimates on your jungler often means 20% more ganks with a high chance of success.

also, I don't know how this works on EU Potato, but in EUW we frequently and aggressively try to counterjungle bluebuff when the enemy mid leaves their lane around the 7 and 13 minute mark. Allowing mid to stay mid and jungler to claim blue can spare you from some unpleasant early teamfights you might not want to be having.

Juul

Learned
I have endless mana with a blue buff. This is literally a non-issue. Even without blue buff it's extremely rare to run out mid/late. Unless we get into some extremely serious poking.

This assumes that you can have blue buff most times, and that no one else on your team has it. I disagree on the rarity of mana issues. I don't think it's unsual to fire off 2-3 Q E combos before teamfights.

I don't sell chalice until extreme late-game anyway.
What would you sell it for?

Top will usually not need it. If top does, I'll gladly double-click on this item, but let's agree that this is a rare case. Even if top wants it that top will probably be happy for an Abyssal too. For AD carries, I'll double click on it for Kog's sake.
While the increasing tendency for non-mana users to go top does make this true to some extent, it is the same thing that makes blue buff valuable top. In order for most mana users to compete top, they're dependant on mana regen, as they'll be outsustained (as in, they'll run out of mana) by non mana user. Late, late game blue buff is probably just OK on most tops, although CDR never hurt anyone.

I think you underestimate blue buff on most AD carries, although Kog probably benefits the most. They never build regen, and never CDR, not because its bad on them (quite the contrary), but because they need the AD more. Blue buff helps them out tremendously.

Let me pose a counter-question: Would you agree that all mana-based AP-carries need blue buff? If so, why don't you think of this as a core item on every AP Carry out there?
No, I would not. Ryze doens't need it after his core is done. Same for cass, as she benefits little from CDR (I'm not arguing that it's bad on her), karthus doens't really rely on it either. I'd agree that most benefit from blue buff, but that it's far from needed on all.

Galio benefits more because of his high cooldowns, and dependancy on having ult up as he is an initiator, and high high-mana upkeep for farming creeps.

Just because it's a blue buff on a stick does not make it core on everyone who enjoys a blue buff.
But it does make it a pretty freaking good choice on people who benefit highly from it.

If you are not acknowledging the benefits of mana regen, it's hard to argue in favor of it, I understand this. And it might just be my resent affair with CDR, but I do believe you're putting too little value in it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not sure if it'll ever be relevant 'cause he's always banned, but I'm thinking it might be pretty decent on Kassadin as well. Being able to recover semi-quickly after an extended riftwalk chase; the instant regen passive should in many cases mean he'll be able to riftwalk away after a kill where he'd usually be oomish and the early MR is extremely sexy in lane when you have to get in melee range to lasthit.

I think a more apt summary is this:
The main complaint that kept most manausers from building chalice was that it could not be built into anything and gave them no additional offensive power. This complaint is no longer valid.

Juul

Learned
The main complaint that kept most manausers from building chalice was that it could not be built into anything and gave them no additional offensive power. This complaint is no longer valid.
I think this is very well put.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What would you sell it for?

Let's assume I have Chalice + Mercury's + Abyssal + Frozen Heart + Banshee's Veil + Rabaddon's. Then it would go for a Guardian. If I had Guardian it would go for a Rabaddon's. Against heavy AD or something it might possibly go for Randuin's (especially if I've had the most kickass lane ever and have a Heart of Gold left over from that).

Same for cass

Are you serious? We just spoke about poke - Cass will deplete her mana pool so quickly during attrition-wars.

f you are not acknowledging the benefits of mana regen, it's hard to argue in favor of it, I understand this. And it might just be my resent affair with CDR, but I do believe you're putting too little value in it.

I concede that I might be underestimating the CDR, but without seeing it in game I won't concede to the mana regen.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think this is very well put.

As I said, I can see this item on more than a few regular AP carries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom