Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Yes, of course! I forgot all about the universal global stun that every champ gets for the sole purpose of stopping Shen. Thanks for reminding me! :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I ban Kass for the same reason I ban shaco. Not because he's op; but because he's a bitch to deal with if you have just one stupid fuck on your team.

By all means Roxor, the next dozen times or so you are team captain, refrain from banning Shen and let the other team have him. Tell us all how that went.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
By all means Roxor, the next dozen times or so you are team captain, refrain from banning Shen and let the other team have him. Tell us all how that went.

I've got bad news for you, chap. We never ban Shen. And I always beat him in lane if he's picked

UNPOSSIBLE!?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Calling your bluff bro. Either you're lying through your teeth or EUNE players don't know how the fuck to play shen well :lol:

Even a moderately well-played shen has the potential to be a terror throughout most of the game. If all potatoplayers neglect to back off a bit before ulting bot then sure he'll never show up. but conversely, he doesn't need to show up at all because he has global presence. This fact alone forces the other team in mid, bot and jungle to play more defensively because he COULD show up and you wouldn't know if he did until it was too late.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Look, Darth Roxor and Ulminati, I think you're both right and wrong.

Shen is not a lane-problem in arranged ranked. Here, everyone can sit the fuck still and do nothing in their lanes. Shen is easy to counter in lane and OK to farm against since the hotfix. The problem is his extreme global presence. Sit tight and still or only involve yourself in very safe situations and you're good. The massive problem here is that this slows the game to a boring farm-fest and a crawl (THE VERY REASON THEY REDUCED EVELYN TO ASHES OMG ARE WE ONTO SOMETHING HERE LOL).

So, in arranged ranked, Shen is a OK to strong laner who forces the game into a defensive farmfest. Lategame he is one of the best splitpushers in the entire game while at the same time being vastly better in teamfights than other splitpushers.

In solo queue, he is a nightmare. You cannot coordinate a laidback farmfest in soloqueue not even on extremely high elos, so any decent Shen WILL assfuck the opponent's team.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Look, Darth Roxor and Ulminati, I think you're both right and wrong.

Shen is not a lane-problem in arranged ranked. Here, everyone can sit the fuck still and do nothing in their lanes. Shen is easy to counter in lane and OK to farm against since the hotfix. The problem is his extreme global presence. Sit tight and still or only involve yourself in very safe situations and you're good. The massive problem here is that this slows the game to a boring farm-fest and a crawl (THE VERY REASON THEY REDUCED EVELYN TO ASHES OMG ARE WE ONTO SOMETHING HERE LOL).

So, in arranged ranked, Shen is a OK to strong laner who forces the game into a defensive farmfest. Lategame he is one of the best splitpushers in the entire game while at the same time being vastly better in teamfights than other splitpushers.

In solo queue, he is a nightmare. You cannot coordinate a laidback farmfest in soloqueue not even on extremely high elos, so any decent Shen WILL assfuck the opponent's team.

Which is what I've been saying over and over :p

I've already made the evelynn comparison. I pointed out the exact same things about him forcing the other team into a defensive farmfest in my very last post and I made them numerous times in the past.

Shen does not need to show up to be effective because the threat of him doing so is already forcing the enemy team to take less chances. 'Cause global map presence, r00fles.

Some persons claim that "Shen is not a problem 'cause I can easily beat him in lane" is not terribly compelling because the game extends well beyond the laning phase and shens ultimate makes itself prominent there as well through splitpushing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Morgana_BlackThornSkin.jpg

:love:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
While you potatoes are busy arguing about fagthene's chalice, solo top kayle is slowly sweeping the higher elos of US. Prepare yourself.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
also, since we're on the topic of morg, her Chinese art does look better. (Blade Mistress Morg below)
dcC83.jpg

Phage
I've been playing solotop kayle for weeks. You're behind the curve again :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
While you potatoes are busy arguing about fagthene's chalice, solo top kayle is slowly sweeping the higher elos of US. Prepare yourself.

Yeah I know. And I'm terrified for what this will mean for solo queue lol.

Wow, watching a replay of the IPL4 matchup between Curse and Mono (old, I know). Could the announcers have possibly given Curse a bigger blowjob? When they're winning, "It's over, they're an unstoppable force" *Mono walks into their base and blows it up*, and when they're losing in a bad, bad way "Mono may be scared of Curse now, as they should, Curse could turn it around at any second!" Ha, nope. * Crush*

Curse does a risky play? "That's what you expect from them, their Vlad lives life on the edge!" *Schlorp*

Mono? "They've got tunnel vision, it's kind of reckless. Curse could use this to turn it around and win the whole thing. That's the thing about Curse, they...hold on a second." *Schlorp schlorp*

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I assume it was the fat guy doing the shoutcasting. He was just terrible.

WHAT IS GOING OOOOOOOOOOOOON *RIP headphone users* GEEEEEE GEEEEE

I assume it was the fat guy doing the shoutcasting. He was just terrible.

WHAT IS GOING OOOOOOOOOOOOON *RIP headphone users* GEEEEEE GEEEEE

His short co-host was every bit as bad, probably worse in fact. On top of the Curse bias, he's also got the Madden syndrome of stating the obvious like its an important insight, as well as being wrong so many times about matchups or game dynamics.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Codex-fags.

Scrimm vs. my ranked team tonight.

Be there or be gigantic faggots!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom