Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I keep trying to raise interest in playing League of Legends since I've spent like 40 bucks on it, but I'll play like one game or so every few days then quit and go play Dota 2. I think it's how relatively weak and spammy the spells are, maybe. I dunno what it is that doesn't keep my interest about LoL.

Bro all you do is come in here once every couple months and make some post about how you like DotA2 better, then you leave.

My NA account is PikaRioCed... but I am not very good. I've been on a bad streak. :(

Ditto, my last eight games have been mediocre to shit. Not going to blame my team, sometimes they were just fine, my play sucked all the way through.

But then I went into Dominion today with Ali, and rocked faces so hard by the end of the game I had people abandoning caps wholesale cause I'd acted like I was heading in that direction. Interrupt Fiddle while he's trying to to Ult someone, knock Gangplank into the tower for trying to stop me, then weathering Poppy's best and chasing her off with a decent chunk of HP to spare.

I suppose all it takes is that one awesome game to help you get back into it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What surprises me most about NA right now is that the general level of English-skills seems to be identical to EUNE...

I find there is more broken english in the lower summoner levels and lower elos. In fact I'd go as far as to say that there is a correlation between elo getting lower and english skills getting worse. Having said that there is still a fair amount of broken english at the higher elos - sometimes it's done satirically, or to save time typing, or the person is just genuinely stupid/european/asian/brazillian.

Most of what I've seen is just to save time. If that person happens to die, well, suddenly he's capable of writing a dissertation proving that my mother did in fact have relations with a goat the night I was conceieved.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Most of what I've seen is just to save time. If that person happens to die, well, suddenly he's capable of writing a dissertation proving that my mother did in fact have relations with a goat the night I was conceieved.

I played on my friend's 680 elo account (he claimed that it was impossible to carry, I ended up going 25-5 as annie and winning...) and they all literally spoke broken english, sentences like "good annie inspire team" and "annie strong" and the enemy team would say "annie weak just fed" "dis *insert champ here*". Usually when people write out sentences at the higher elos they take the time to use words like is and the in order to complete their sentences.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ive been playing for a couple of hours today and quality of players is terrible. Not one good game out of 5 games. Im talking about 0-8 Shaco, 0-6 Gangplank..
And wtf is with Gp, is he free or what, some terrible terrible players today with him. 4 games with gang and the side who had him lost.
Difference between 1400 elo players vs 1k players is 0.
Tried jungling Hecarim for one game, doesnt really has that joy feeling. Dont know what to think about him, boring maybe? So so ganks and his Q is not that good. Only good thing on him is his ult, imo.

Nick: Elboo also on US. Gonna go troll 'mericans a bit now.

Juul

Learned
I would level an american account if it wasn't for 200 ping. It's doable, but I don't find the need to spend time getting accustomed to it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The ping is actually negligble. I think I'm gonna level an EU-west account though, I just recalled there's probably møre Codexers there.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I call on Stereotypical Villain and Undead Phoenix, who had the pleasure of spectating about a dozen of my matches yesterday. They are my witnesses that GRUNKER Hell exists, even if they didn't get to see the 0/17/2 atmas impaler vayne that finally broke my spirit.

I'd call On Deadly Mongoose, Prenek and 1379ftw too were they codexers. Your "Wow, you really are cursed with dumb teammates" comments kept me going all the way through the GRUNKER death spiral.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You should call upon Phage to boost your account for a fee depending on what your elo is.

I spectated two of your matches. The other three I were in.

GRUNKER Hell is real, but only because humanity is as dumb as it can be. Suggested solution: Kill everybody in France and America.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I spectated two of your matches. The other three I were in.

GRUNKER Hell is real, but only because humanity is as dumb as it can be. Suggested solution: Kill everybody in France and America.

Since you insist on replacing elo with GRUNKER because "IT'S TEH FUNNEHS LAWL" I am not surprised you believe you are stuck in elo hell.

:smug:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
in b4 this thread's circlejerk about Elo Hell leading to the eventual spamming of youtube videos and pictures of champions of cats

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You should call upon Phage to boost your account for a fee depending on what your elo is.

But half the fun of ranked is marvelling at the stupid shit your team does. Silently of course, because if you dare suggest anyone made a mistake the spiral of butthurt commences where everyone starts yelling at each other. Which is why I so often end up playing support, since I've taken to saying as little as possible in team chat to avoid setting off the nerdrage.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also, GRUNKER hell is seperate from ELO hell. ELO hell is when your teammates are too bad to carry, GRUNKER hell is when they are too butthurt.

Fun fact: SV doesn't play ranked therefore his own point is invalid

:smug:

Not really. I played three games in duo queue with Ulm the other night and boy were some of the players butthurt.

Champ select comes up and I ask nicely if I can jungle. Nobody says a word... I pick nocturne, and lock in then the guy above me picks Lee Sin and locks in, saying that I'm the troll pick. Dur dur. He then proceeds to fail throughout the entire game alongside the Vayne player "Sooooo Baaaaaad" down bot while Baddiemir is feeding up top... all while they whine and scream about how they're good players and everything must be the fault of everybody else in the game.

GRUNKER Hell. Damned souls of butthurt standing in rows upon rows...

Ps. I also play with a ranked team, we haven't gotten many games going yet. Besides, GRUNKER Hell is non-existent in teams.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Just a random thought:

Ranked 5s as a whole, at least as far as gauging skill is concerned, is even more flawed than Solo Queue, at least up until a certain elo threshold (not sure what it is). What I mean is that every Ranked 5s team that does poorly at first can simply delete itself and start over, which means there's a massively disproportionate amount of elo added to the system (elo's supposed to be a zero sum system) since every team that fails just restarts with no penalty.

For example - let's say SV's terror squad loses their first 5 games, and for the sake of this example they lost 100 elo. Normally this would be a zero-sum equation since 5 other teams gained elo that his team lost. Now let's say that SV is sad so he deleted his team and starts over, his team is back at the starting elo and the other teams still gained elo, thus making the system no longer zero-sum.

Though, to be fair, lower elos in solo queue feature so much queue dodging that a lot of elo is lost in the system from it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

But half the fun of ranked is marvelling at the stupid shit your team does. Silently of course, because if you dare suggest anyone made a mistake the spiral of butthurt commences where everyone starts yelling at each other. Which is why I so often end up playing support, since I've taken to saying as little as possible in team chat to avoid setting off the nerdrage.

Yeah, I'm pretty quiet in ranked games usually. Honestly, not raging and playing when you're physically/emotionally feeling your best is the number 1 strategy to gain elo (aside from improving, or getting carried by the broken duo queue system)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom