Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

DakaSha

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Haha, tried an incredibly cleverly retarded build with Shen.

Rushed soulstealer -> ninja tabi -> rylai's -> hourglass -> was supposed to be abyssal sceptre but had only negatron cloak when match ended (although I had the geld)

Got like 15 stacks of the soulstealer somewhere halfway through the match. Had ~400 AP at the end. Final stats, 6/3/17. Fucking immortal myself with feint, fucking immortal allies with the ulti.

YES. GOOD STUFF.

I mix AP with health shen (due to his passive that people underestimate)
You can throw in a Soulstealer and/or leviathan if you think you can keep a lot of stacks (which is fairly easy with shen) but otherwise i go something like Warmogs, Crystal Scepter and some magic pen (the passive damage is magic). Frozen mallet works ok too i guess although Im not to sure its that efficient since you arent focusing on actual AD damage. A decent early item can also be Haunting guise. I think ive won al but the first game with this setup and always had a positive score

Nothing beats a xin thinking he can take u on just to get nuked with your passive then slowed with the dagger/taunted and beaten to a pulp

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Rylai's is "ok" on shen. You pay a lot for the passive, but it's nice to have vorpal blade slow. Ryali's, Abyssal and Zhonya's are the only manaless endgame items that give both survivability and AP. There's Haunting Guise too, but it's kind of a buy-early-sell-later item.

Does th eheal on vorpal blade scale with AP? If so, spirit visage might be ok on AP shen.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Nope, the Vorpal Blade's healing is always the same, only useful in early game.

Anyway, new champion rotation is on, I had a great first match with Orianna and holy shit, she's p. fun to play, might be my favourite champion this week.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
e5lqwh.jpg

M:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
People posting their scores in this thread remind me a little too much of insecure teenage girls. Guys, stop it. We're supposed to be monocle.

Lupus

Liturgist
Summoners!

Following today's downtime, Riven will be receiving a hotfix that includes a set of buffs that should round out her gameplay.

Base Stats
Attack Speed per level increased to 3.5 from 2.9
Base Armor increased to 15 from 12
Broken Wings bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6.
Ki Shout cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
Valor
Shield increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 40/70/100/130/160.
Cooldown decreased to 10/9/8/7/6 from 11/10/9/8/7.
Wind Slash
Cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
Missile speed increased by 10% to 2200 from 2000.

Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!
Hello Riven, this will be fun.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Grunker said:
People posting their scores in this thread remind me a little too much of insecure teenage girls. Guys, stop it. We're supposed to be monocle.

Bro don't be hatin. You don't get 20/1/12 with shen on a daily basis :(

Darth Roxor said:
Grunker said:

Bro don't be hatin. You don't get 20/1/12 with shen on a daily basis :(

Sure you do... unless you're retarded or come from Poland. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lupus_ said:
Summoners!

Following today's downtime, Riven will be receiving a hotfix that includes a set of buffs that should round out her gameplay.

Base Stats
Attack Speed per level increased to 3.5 from 2.9
Base Armor increased to 15 from 12
Broken Wings bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6.
Ki Shout cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
Valor
Shield increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 40/70/100/130/160.
Cooldown decreased to 10/9/8/7/6 from 11/10/9/8/7.
Wind Slash
Cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
Missile speed increased by 10% to 2200 from 2000.

Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!
Hello Riven, this will be fun.

Oh

My

Multiheaded dick!

I was already on an 80% win/loss ratio with her. I have th esame tingly sensation in my pants as when they buffed morgana a few patches ago.

Decreased cast time on ki shout and faster projectile on wind slash is heavan!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:

eh, I'm mostly posting them because I know it annoys you :smug:

Mystary!

Arcane
Eh, I take like a months break and there's already 3 new champs, they need to slow down already.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
fyezall said:
Eh, I take like a months break and there's already 3 new champs, they need to slow down already.

They try to release 1 champ every 2 weeks. They even ended up taking 3 weeks to release riven, so you must have taken a 2 month break.

DakaSha

Arcane
I havent played her and ulum makes her look good but the couple of games i played against her her damage output was just laughable. I laned against her as cho once (yes yes cho.. im saying relatively laughable) and she literally couldnt dent me.

could very well be that players were just very bad with her due to the new mechanics and shit though

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A lot of people just mash her Q spell. Basically you want to use it to reset the autoattack timer to get the most out of it. after 2 Q's, you dash through your opponent and Q a third time to knock them away from their turret, then stun with W.

Attack->Q->Attack->Q->E->Attack->Q->Attack->W.

Alternately, for harrasment, you open with your E to get the shield, attack/q the opponent and keep w in reserve for counterganks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I have the feeling Ulm is right here. Basically I've played two kinds of Riven; the kind that was food-for-coin and the kind that ate my testicles for breakfast.

The first-kind spammed Q and did zero damage. The second kind auto-attacked in between effectively striking me 9 times from front of first brush to turret. Even my Garen had a tough time with that (lane ended 2-2 with both junglers passing by once).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Jungle riven is still hilariously fun btw. Just went 8/1/6 in a 4v5 that the enemy team surrendered just before I finished Atma's, even though they outnumbered us

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom