Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Markman said:
Tried Dominion for 2 games and it was pretty hectic, second game we lost when they were only 15 points to death. FUCK. Close close game.

Tell me about it. We lost while leading 4:200 :M

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I have a feeling that coordinated 5v5 dominion could be pretty amazing, but organizing a group of 5 randoms will be even harder than on Summoner's Rift.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
As for summoners rift, my 20 or so games in ranked S2 have landed me at around the 1350 elo mark which seems to be where I belong.

I'm not carrying any games, and I'm not particularly getting carried either. It ends up coming down to which team has fewer ragers/leavers.

Seriously, one game we were ahead 2 kills and 2 towers (and in CS too) and this ashe starts screaming for us to surrender because the kill count went down to 1 in their favor. From there things spiral downward because Ashe is too busy raging to play properly.

Lupus

Liturgist
Really fun mode. In one game and while my team was losing every fight I just bought that item with higher capture rate and speed boost, boots 5 and run like a madman from turret to turret. My team eventually copied me and we won while losing pretty much all the time. Next time I'll try Singed, that should be fun.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gotta say i love the money you get at start, enough for that doran item+boots and 2 health pots. Or just buy Sheen when Im playing Blitz. Crit+Sheen proc= half hp. Aoe champs have alot better start imo, giving Grag or Brand 200 hp+30 ap at start with their combos ready is a bit unfair imo.

Last game we were leading 450-21 and barely won the game. Had a good teamfight and pushed both sides and ended at 89 points.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Markman said:
Tried Dominion for 2 games and it was pretty hectic, second game we lost when they were only 15 points to death. FUCK. Close close game.

For S2 need to tryhard a bit cause first games give most elo. Anyone knows how long will off-season last?

Close? Ha!

First Dominion game ever:

We lose because we don't know what is going on, it's 200 ours vs 400 theirs. We kinda learn what to do and how to do it and catch up, but end up 50 ours vs 200 theirs. Then we have a glorious streak and get to 30 vs 100, but they get a break in and get us down to 1 vs 60. We somehow stop them and get the score to 1 vs 5, but then lose a point when it's even.

Final score 0 vs 5

0 - 5

:x

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ha, amateur. Second game of Dominion ended 0 - 1 here. We had them at 1 while we were at 97 at one point.

True fucking story, you can have the prestigious Codexers ask my mates for confirmation.

0 - 1

:x

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's available during off-peak hours on all servers. Just gotta be around when it's up.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Dominion's been up for 3 and a half hours on US servers, and hasn't shut down yet, lol

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Jesus Christ, how can people be so retarded? I've just had a game, playing Soraka with other players choosing Ryze, Morgana, Xin and Sion. Despite them having champions capable of solo laning decently everybody refused going mid so the first 5-10 minutes we were going 3/0/2. After a couple of minutes Sion decided he has to go there, already being couple levels behind enemies' Fiddlesticks. Furthermore, during laning phase I had no use for my E because Ryze wasn't using his abilities at all until teamfights started.

I have no idea how's that possible but the other team was even worse so we won. :retarded:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Dominion's still up... Xin is very strong there, though I think Irelia would be an even better choice

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Played an ungodly amount of dominion with some IRL friends today (beta was up from 2:30PM to 12:30AM)

I've come to the conclusion that Rammus, Irelia, Xin Zhao and Karthus are all very very strong. Though, those choices were probably pretty obvious.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Gangplank is pretty awesome too. Movespeed boost and his ultimate is great for stopping point captures. Played a metric shitton of Dominion yesterday. Always finished in the top 3.

Irelia is ok, but she suffers a lot from a poor early game until she can finish triforce. That's a LOT of time to be subpar in dominion.

DakaSha

Arcane
I like it and play it very well but as fun as it is im not to sure i am happy with the direction.
Its more of a step down then up in terms of gameplay IMO. Basically the whole lane pushing and minion wave dynamic is gone and nothing else added. Jungling also gone with nothing to make up for it really added

Im not bitching as much as it sounds. It just doesnt seem like evolution. More like a fun and acceptable :decline:.
Gotta see though. could be that the meta evolves into something. Kinda harrd to see it happening though when u need to be capturing or defending at all times

I very much prefer the point based scoring though. That is a step up IMO. Makes being useful actually worth it (although it remains to be seen whether it actually works.. u get 40 points for just dying on a capture point)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's very easy to make an argument that SR requires more skill/strategy, but I think at the end of the day, both simply require very different sets of strategic skills/team compositions. Having said that, it feels like it's easier to pick a strong dominion champ and do well than it is to get decent at SR.

I don't see this overtaking SR for the competitive scene at all, but this is definitely a good way to get new players into League, and to play something that feels less serious with not-so-skilled friends.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Then go play DotA/HoN instead KC. If nothing else, it'll be a small incline for the LoL playerbase.

Dominion is definately fun, but I think once the novelty wears off it'll sit somewhere alongside twisted treeline. Maybe not *quite* as neglected as TT.

It feels like the "deathmatch" mode of LoL. Matches are quick and the action starts immediately. But like junk food it's not really satisfying in the long run. There are several things I do like about dominion.

- The map. Not so much the layout itself as the graphixwhoar parts of it. It definatly looks a lot better than Summoner's Rift. The animated landmarks are really nice. And I liked that various locations on the map (Centre, Boneyard, Drill, Windmill, Quarry, Refinery) were all named and voiced by the anouncer. It helped a bunch with voice communication. ("WINDMILL ES QUEST! CAP NAOW!") I wouldn't mind if Riot spent some of their piles of jewgoldz on bringing SR up to the same level of eyecandy.

- The music. While I usually play with the music off, I turned it on for dominion. It feels pretty good, especially with the intensity building as nexus health gets lower. It'd probably get annoying in SR when the game grinds to a stalemate with both teams having taken out an inhibitor. But for Dominion it works.

- The scoring system. While by no means perfect (lol, 30 points for getting killed on a tower), tracking more than KDA and CS is a step in the right direction to point out who aren't doing their jobs properly on a team. I still think we need a "# of wards placed" statistic in the post-game lobby to show just how bad some supports are at buying them in SR.

- (Nearly) Constant damage to one of the nexii. Keeps the action going and makes the game length predictable. It really sucks when a SR game grinds to a halt in a stalemate until someone suddenly announces they gotta go soon because the game is passing the 1hr mark.

- Summoner Promote. This was my favourite summoner spell back in beta. I'm glad it's back. :love:

Also, you should totally try Eve in Dominion BROs. Her ultimate is a huge movespeed buff and REFRESHES WHENEVER YOUR TEAM GETS A KILL. It's ALWAYS up. Get Priscillas blessing (+ capture speed), boots of mobility and cap/uncap points all day.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I played the majority of my games with a premade (3 of us in person, and we knew the other two), which made the game a lot more enjoyable.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dominion pretty much requires you're a premade at the moment. You thought getting people to work together on SR was tough? Try explaining to puggers why they need to capture/defent quest points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom