Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Mystary!

Arcane
But if youre playing pug, doesnt that makes you a pugger too? Which means its entirely possible theyre just as pro as you are ;)
I didn't have any problem with any of the ones I fought with, besides those who went "lol first time dominion". But people catch up pretty quickly.
Also, Heimerdinger is a pain to fight on Dominion, he can hold a point like no other.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's not so much about peoples individual skill level as it is about fast communication between people who have played with each other before and know how the other people on their team usually play.

For example, knowing that just because CaptainCrevis picks nidalee I shouldn't expect him to heal me when I'm at 100hp and right next to him under his tower. Or knowing that Deadly Mongoose wil always towerdive, no matter how absurd the circumstances. :P

The joys of sub-elo play:

CtaoF.png

I don't know why, but Tryndamere has inspired tremendous butthurt - he's been banned in pretty much all draft games I've played. There's always someone spamming "ban Trynd!"

Also, someone was spamming "ban malph!" in the chat for some reason. The team captain did the only reasonable thing and banned him :M

I facepalmed all game long for unrelated reasons, but at least we won quickly.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Polish sounding names and slavic in team chat. I think I have identified your problem :smug:

Also, your champ select window looks kinda strange to me. I'm used to it being a completely crowded list I have to scroll through to find my champion. At the moment I've got every champion except Ezfail and Galio unlocked. I'm curently sitting at 10k IP, but I won't be getting Galio until 12600, so I'll still be able to pick up whatever the new champ is out of the gate. I'm not planning on picking up Ezfail. Ever.

DakaSha

Arcane
I got reported for calling the other 4 players idiots for thinking trynd is OP (they wanted him banned)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
OH YEAH

MASTER YI BREAKS THROUGH THE WALL

*PELVIC THRUST* (AND BY PELVIC THRUST I MEAN ALPHA STRIKE)

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

bad end

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So there I was, minding my own business in my jungle. Riven killing creeps and stuffies. Both summoner spells on cooldown, around 50% hp.

SUDDENLY I AM ATTACKED BY JARVAN AND ANIVIA FROM TOP AND MID, NEITHER OF WHICH HAVE BOTHERED TO CALL THE SS!!!

First, Anivia uses her wall to block my escape. I hit my E key and dash through it. Jarvan flashes through the wall after me, uses his banner-poke combo to catch up, then fires his ultimate. I run to the edge of it and use my Q to bounce over the terrain to the safety of my tower.

Anivia and Jarvan spent 15 minutes swearing at me in /all chat and calling me a hacker. :3

Lupus

Liturgist
I had those two champs again me when I was trying Riven too. I was amused when I discovered I can jump above their walls/craters/whatever with my Q. Riven is the best.

If only I didn't suck with her so much...

Jim Cojones said:
herostratus said:
I don't know why, but Tryndamere has inspired tremendous butthurt - he's been banned in pretty much all draft games I've played. There's always someone spamming "ban Trynd!"
They are butthurt about undying rage.

You could say their butthurt is....

Undying :yeah:

Ulminati said:
Polish sounding names and slavic in team chat. I think I have identified your problem :smug:

Also, your champ select window looks kinda strange to me. I'm used to it being a completely crowded list I have to scroll through to find my champion. At the moment I've got every champion except Ezfail and Galio unlocked. I'm curently sitting at 10k IP, but I won't be getting Galio until 12600, so I'll still be able to pick up whatever the new champ is out of the gate. I'm not planning on picking up Ezfail. Ever.

I'll soon get 3k IP so that I can buy another champ. Got any suggestions for which to buy? I'm considering Olaf, were considering Jarvan earlier until I saw him in game and saw how faggy he looked.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
herostratus said:
The joys of sub-elo play:

CtaoF.png

Also, someone was spamming "ban malph!" in the chat for some reason. The team captain did the only reasonable thing and banned him :M

I facepalmed all game long for unrelated reasons, but at least we won quickly.

Wait is this lvl 30 ranked play or sub lvl 30 normals play?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sub lvl 30 - I think I'm the only one posting actively on EUNE here who is level thirty.

Won 4 ranked games in a row today. Just lost my first. 5 matches to go before the ranking.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm 30 on US, but won't play ranked until I own at least most champions for counter-picks. At my trash normal ELO everyone bans tanks for some reason: Amumu, Malphite, Singed, Rammus. I don't get it. Who am I supposed to tank as when my team starts crying "SOMEONE TANK!!"

So should I get Rammus or Galio over Amumu? Amumu is nearly always banned and pretty damn effective in solo-queue (normal draft), but I find him to be oddly squishy, the Q awkward to use and the R very punishing if you don't time it right. Plus, weak in the jungle if they counter-jungle. I don't do well as him.

Galio, on the other hand, does metric tons of damage while still being tanky and has the best initiate in the game that I have seen (but pray your team actually does something after you use it). He farms like he's on steroids and is just in general pretty damn good, and not banned nearly as often as the other tanks.

Rammus I find very easy to play for me, quick early jungle (scales poorly), great ganks, extremely handy to shut down their carry, great to chase people that are fleeing and amazing to save someone from dying with. Plus, unlike Galio, he needs like no levels or gold to do his job well. I don't usually lose normal games when I play either him or Galio, but plenty as Amumu.

And his walking animation is so adorable! Awww!

Which one would you get first?

Edit:

And I tried HoN and I have to say, that interface and game seems incredibly awkward. It would take days just to get used to it; LoL was a lot easier to get into. What bugs me the most is how there are a lot of abilities with really long ranges, yet the game is zoomed in so ultra-far that I can't see shit. (LoL has this problem too, but the ability ranges are shorter). Worse though, the top-right part of the map, the "dead tree" forest looks like crap. Meaning, I can't tell the ground from the trees! This game discriminates against my shitty eye-sight!

Not even gonna get into the microscopic minions and their minuscule and impossible to see health-bars (for me anyway). I'd love to play the supposedly better and smarter game but I just don't have what it takes! (Enormous monitor? Great eye-sight? Patience?)

Edit 2:

No joke, on my games everyone takes Ignite, but somehow fails to not feed Tryndamere, or kill him when he uses Undying Rage. How can this be!?!?! I've yet to fail killing Tryn with Ignite! Or Exhaust, for that matter. Also nobody stuns Katarina during her ult. Ever.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jasede said:
I'm 30 on US, but won't play ranked until I own at least most champions for counter-picks. At my trash normal ELO everyone bans tanks for some reason: Amumu, Malphite, Singed, Rammus. I don't get it. Who am I supposed to tank as when my team starts crying "SOMEONE TANK!!"
Cho'gath maybe? He's pretty damn solid in my opinion. Stun, silence, and can solo top fairly easily and still get a decent farm.

Mystary!

Arcane
Pure tanks are obsolete, if you focus on pure survival you lack damage and they can't kill you so they ignore you, you need to deal enough damage to become a threat and look/be squishy enough that they think they got a chance to kill you. Which means almost every character can tank with proper gear but some sort of CC helps I guess.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
9/ 0 / 5 with Vayne

Feels good mang :thumbsup:

Especially considering I usually get something like 3/9/5 :oops:

Also, the thing that makes cho'gath a cool tank is that he doesn't really need a lot of damage to become a threat: a well placed stun followed by a silence can easily be enough to wipe the entire enemy team if you have some damage support. Plus he's so huge that people instinctively go for him.

Mystary!

Arcane
It's more than that, Cho'Gath can body block like no other. If he's standing on his carry you simply cannot target them :D

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Playing today with two fucking krauts, they decided that, using Cho'Gat and Blitzcrank, they must duo top, leaving me solo bot with FUCKING ANNIE. I more or less manage to hold my line, and they get fucking tower dived. SERIOUSLY, HOW CAN YOU TOWER DIVE TWO TANKS? :x

Sometimes I just want to :rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom