Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
herostratus said:
kk.

Also Dignitas Ezrael is 5/ 0 / 5. :troll: Ulminati?

Doesn't change the fact that he's a shit carry for shit people who eat shitty shit. :P

Other carries aren't reliant on landing skillshots to do decent damage, and 99-985% of the LoL community can't be relied on do land a skillshot. And while he's only the least picked carry in tournaments, a team fielding ezfail has yet to win a final :P

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
So this is how those alleged 'pros' play? Kennen that runs into an enemy turret when chased by gragas and gangplank even though he's next to his own, Vayne that runs into the space between turrets while on 100 hp and not being chased by anyone, a warwick that doesn't start with blue when the enemy team doesn't counterjungle, then has to go back to base before getting red and finally gets raped by trundle because flashing out is teh hard.

You gotta be shitting me :retarded:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I agree with Roxor. With the codex team we have going, if we learned to farm better and buy more wards, we'd be more than a match for most of the teams that played today.

Seeing dat Vayne die to a turret almost gave me an aneurysm.

Mystary!

Arcane
The commentators talked about that. Most of these guys are basement dwellers, playing infront of a huge audience makes nerves come in to play, effectively dropping their elo by 600.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, but even so that play was quite erratic compared to the mostly brilliant play we saw at Dreamhack and some of the Intel Extremes after that.

And trust me, Roxor and Reject, if you began watching replays of yourself playing you would become painfully aware that you make these kind of plays yourself ALOT - I do too. The strength of the pros is the consistency in their decision-making, the fact that these kinds of erratic plays happen far less with them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Graves looks interesting. The only male ranged AD champion released after closed beta. (Kog'maw might count too, but I'm not sure how you tell the gender of voidspawn). Sounds like he has a pretty nasty burst damage with quick drawn, colatteral damage and 3x buckshot

Mystary!

Arcane
They're trying to innovate, sounds like a range AD with close ranged skills instead of the other way around so that's nice but I'm not a fan of the mexican thing he's got going on. So here's hoping for a hextech/terminator skin.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I just wanted to express how butthurt I am over League of Bads being forced down my throat during last night's tournament. And to emphasize League of Bads, pretty much.

That is all.

What is league of bads? A meme I don't get?

Also, what is a strong and fun laner to play? See, I have jungled so much lately (me and roxor are the only junglers in our codex group, and playing with randoms I think I have seen one or two junglers in total) that I have forgot how to lane :oops: Quite embarassing to be pwnt and lose your tower within 15 minutes I'd say.

Also quite absurd that jungling is so unpopular. It is by far the most interesting and varied position to play, although it does get tiring to play it *all* the time.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
herostratus said:
See, I have jungled so much lately (me and roxor are the only junglers in our codex group, and playing with randoms I think I have seen one or two junglers in total) that I have forgot how to lane :oops: Quite embarassing to be pwnt and lose your tower within 15 minutes I'd say.

Also quite absurd that jungling is so unpopular. It is by far the most interesting and varied position to play, although it does get tiring to play it *all* the time.

Well, after finally giving jungle Riven a try at Cheddar's behest, I think I'm gonna unlock her when I get to 6300 so that I also have a jungler. Initially I wanted to save up for the weeaboo pokemon hero that they were creaming over, but they went with the wetback desperado instead, so I'll have plenty of time to gather enough IP for when the time comes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
herostratus said:
Also, what is a strong and fun laner to play?

Morgana

Reject_666_6 said:
Well, after finally giving jungle Riven a try at Cheddar's behest, I think I'm gonna unlock her when I get to 6300 so that I also have a jungler

Expect to get raged at a lot in ranked. Baddies gonna bad. :M

Gonna update my riven guide soonish. Atm I go clothpots, starting at small golems w. smite. This lets me do a lv2 gank in a sidelane or mid and have smite ready for wraiths. After wolves I gank again, then donate blue and bluepill. I've taken to getting 2, even 3 doran's blades after wriggles. They give riven a lot of oomph early on. Sometimes I skip brutalizer entirely and simply go wriggles->bunch o' dorans->giant belt->atma->warmog. My 4 ranked jungle riven games tonight went 6-3-5, 4-3-15, 6-10-22 and 9-2-6. All wins.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Does anyone have any higher / pre-gamed experience with Blitzcrank? Either against or using him?

Considering his versatility and the general awesomeness I have been invoking with him recently, I might main him. There's no way his grab is the sole characteristic of him anymore, not with a 1:1 AoE nuke-ult on short cooldown (26 seconds for me), constant overdrive and his fist of rape move.

AD, AP, Tank or a mix of any of the three, I can't see it going wrong with him but I haven't gotten into any really challenging games lately to stress him out.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If you're aiming for a career in ranked, don't main him. If you're aiming for fun, by all means do. He's a fun champion who's not totally neutered.

Terpsichore

Arcane
ssheadset.jpg

:/

lSg8Q.jpg

:retarded:

:mob:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jim Cojones said:
herostratus said:
Also, what is a strong and fun laner to play?
Anivia is in current free champion rotation, you should check her.

(me and roxor are the only junglers in our codex group, and playing with randoms I think I have seen one or two junglers in total)
I can jungle with Warwick too.

I can jungle with Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, Warwick, Amumu and Gangplank. I think Hero must've had a brainfart :)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I can jungle Cho, sir Hero. :M Think the only person who doesn't have a jungler is Azael :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
herostratus said:
I can jungle with Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, Warwick, Amumu and Gangplank. I think Hero must've had a brainfart Smile
Yeah, but we never play so that doesn't matter

:cry:

Maybe not as often as the rest of you but I do jump in a game from time to time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
9/0/3 ranked jungle riven. The enemy surrendered at 20:00, although their warwick ragequit at 12:30 when I killed him and stole red for the second time.

Her lv 1-5 counterjungle is hilariously OP. It drops off a bit once enemies begin to get their ultimates. The only enemies I'd think twice about attacking in their jungle are lee sin, xin zhao and shaco.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
On a related note:

I was playing Ogre Magi + Lina in a lane against someone who was talking a ton of shit. We went up and killed him about 30 seconds later after his whole "u mad bro ur tryin so hard" bit and he instantly leaves (his first death, he gave first blood). the quality of players in games like these, lol, they're such idiots. normally when we play we get at least 1 leaver on our team because me and my friends notice someone on our team (usually more than that) are just retarded and bad so we flame them. their objections and QQ are always just amazing, they don't realize how bad they are. then they try to screw us good players over, and they fail miserably. it's just sad

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
kingcomrade said:
On a related note:

I rage at my teammates and act surprised when they leave

Guardsman Bob had some really nice thoughts on that yesterday. He was streaming a game in which an opponent was 0/3/1 or something and the entire enemy team were raging in /all and demanding the player be reported for feeding. I can't put it as eloquently as he did, but the gist of it was that the real problem here wasn't the person having a bad game. His raging teammates were just as much to blame for fustrating a player who was already behind instead of helping him out.

If you don't want teammates leaving your game, maybe you and your friends should work on your attitude a bit.

Lupus

Liturgist
Ulminati said:
9/0/3 ranked jungle riven. The enemy surrendered at 20:00, although their warwick ragequit at 12:30 when I killed him and stole red for the second time.

Her lv 1-5 counterjungle is hilariously OP. It drops off a bit once enemies begin to get their ultimates. The only enemies I'd think twice about attacking in their jungle are lee sin, xin zhao and shaco.
Yeah, she's really good now. After fix she's also viable top laner. It takes some skill to kill your opponent, because she's fragile, but playing as a lane bully is way to go with her. Buy cloth + 5 pots or boots + pots, take Q first, then E or W (at level 3 you should have both). After that R>Q>E>W. Q does crazy damage especially combined with her passive so it's worth too max it first.
I cannot play as much as I want now, because my net is shitting itself, but I managed to play some duels with my friends who main top lane champions and I could at least keep up with them, most of the time I won my lane though. Only really hard counter I found for her was Udyr, because fuck him, he has too much sustain and defence. Funny thing with Riven is when you win once in your lane, you won it for the rest of the game cause she snowballs hard into midgame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom