Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Guardsman Bob is a fucking saint compared to the attitudes of most high ELO players. Generally a good bloke.

And yeah, the attitude-problem within the game more or less extends to most of us whether we admit it or not. Have you ever raged at a team-mate for any reason what so ever? Well, you're basically part of the problem.

Why can't LoL's community be like SC2's? :(

God I love watching games where Idra gets pissed. I remember a three game set wherein his opponent used Reapers (back when they were the shit), and constantly hit him from all directions. *Boom* "What's up, Bro?"
*Boom* "Catch ya later." And he'd hop back out.

Over and over, and he just.kept.talking.

I think Idra left halfway through the third game. No gg, no fuck you....gone.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Idra is a smurf with a heart of gold compared to the entirety of rage in LoL.

I SC2, raging is leaving without a gg. How hilarious is this compared to a milieu where raging is shouting with all CAPS in the chat about slitting the throat of your first-born because you died twice to their carry?

Sordid Jester

Educated
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU PUT A FUCKING WARD THERE YOU STUPID FUCKING TWAT FUCKING

/ALL GG FUCKING NOOB WARD FEEDER SHIT

What's most fun are the people who rage at someone who doesn't chase into a 1v3 situation, just because the 3 are low on HP (but had recently mopped up the rest of your team). OMFG WARWICK WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT LE BLANC, KASSADIN AND MORDE ALL QUARTER HEALTH NOOOOB BG BG BG BG I DIED FOR YOU

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
On the topic of Guardsman Bob, he dispensed another kernel of wisdom yesterday. I was watching him lane Yorick vs Talon solotop on his stream. He got ninja tabi fairly early, even though the other team had quite a lot of CC, including a Morgana and an Udyr. Apparently someone in his chat asked him why he went ninja tabi.

His response was that he did so because he was b. and happened to have 500g on him. He got whichever item would help him win the lane. If he'd gone straight merc treads, that would've been 850 gold spent on MR (which would do nothing against talon) instead of 500 gold spent on armor/dodge to make him win his lane. The second he got those boots he was able to harrass talon far more effectively and pretty much freefarm.

He went on to stress that he got the boots because that was what he happened to have gold for at the time. If he had more gold when he bluepilled, maybe he'd have left boots unupgraded and gone for a glacial shroud instead. He pointed out that the ninja tabi let him freefarm and probably earned themselves back many times over. He then talked about how he lost a lane to a nasus the game before (not sure what champ he played then, but apparently a magic damage one) because the nasus player got every MR item in his build (2 skirts and a cape) as his first items very early on.

The point he eventually made was that many people (myself included) go into the game having already decided what items to get when they locked in at champion select. When he bluepills during the laning phase, he looks at how much gold he has and then decides how to use it to get an immediate advantage that will allow him to farm more and his opponent to farm less. It doesn't need to alter his final build, but the order in which he gets the various subcomponents for his items at the very least should be dictated by what he is laning against.

It sounds so obvious when he says it (and he formulated himself way better than I just did). But I can think of several games where I failed my laning catastrophically because I was spending tons of gold getting items that did not immediately benefit me. Thinking of lategame teamfights is no good, if you are so underfed and underfarmed the items you bought early on don't help you make a difference.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ so true, and we can all get better at this. It hurts our safe feeling of a standard build to do something as wacky as buy Ninja Tabi but sometimes it's the correct play.

The best thing about GB's stream is that he will actually tell you stuff.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Ulminati said:
kingcomrade said:
On a related note:

I rage at my teammates and act surprised when they leave

Guardsman Bob had some really nice thoughts on that yesterday. He was streaming a game in which an opponent was 0/3/1 or something and the entire enemy team were raging in /all and demanding the player be reported for feeding. I can't put it as eloquently as he did, but the gist of it was that the real problem here wasn't the person having a bad game. His raging teammates were just as much to blame for fustrating a player who was already behind instead of helping him out.

If you don't want teammates leaving your game, maybe you and your friends should work on your attitude a bit.
I think you misread what I said. Normally we DO want them to leave but they don't. In Dota 4v5 is better than 5v5 with a terribad player on your team. I guess your characterization of my surprise was cute though, derp.
You also seem to be implying that these guys are just having a bad game, instead of being idiots who are bad. You watch them bumble and get themselves killed over and over, be totally useless during team fights (or just be totally absent from all pushes and team fights, farming neutrals, blaming the rest of the team for losing team fights when they're derping around) and there's no reason to feel anything but contempt and anger at having such an anchor on your team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Contempt and anger will surely lead to a much more constructive conclusion to his game, planting the seed of progression within him!

Not like taking it easy and giving advice no matter how retarded he is, hoping maybe some of it will slip through as opposed to raging in which case you'll know it won't.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I kind of figured that would be what someone would say, all I have to say is lol, you think any and all advice given to any players isn't immediately rebuffed with "ROFL SHUT UP NUB I NO WAT IM DOING"

There's no helping them. They play bad because they are retarded, there is no fixing retarded.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There are retarded players in SC 3v3 or 4v4 random too, but nothing like LoL. Why I wonder?

Being a total, raging retard is the social norm in LoL, therefore we do it. In SC2 it's the social norm to play nice, that's why we don't.

So stop raging, be a nice guy, and I asure you that although you won't change the norm you'll certainly change it in some people.

In before someone cries: lol idealist - it's got shit to do with that - the fact is retarded behaviour is accepted in LoL and that's why people are retarded.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Because LoL is a game developed by retards for retards with the only purpose of selling skins.

Terpsichore

Arcane
I actually played the game for quite a bit and even purchased a bunch of champions and skins.

Then i realized that Riot higher-ups only care about shitting champions to sell skins, the ones taking care of game's balance are a retarded weaboo girl (who loves to butcher champions she can't handle, ie: second Udyr nerf) and former dotards , they like to hire useless attention whores (ie: Rinoa) and the forum is a disgusting circlejerk (with Riot people abusing their powers).

Also at one point the game becomes extremely aggravating if you can't have a constant 5 man premade of people you know running (3v3 map suffers from too many balance issues).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
45 champions used at last major tournament. Yeah the balance is complete shit, I hear you bro. The balance is fine, and balance is a fucked up meta-concept anyway.

I hear you about the last part, fortunately I play with a constant 5 man premade.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
sometimes random retards need to be raged at. They can't get better until they realize that they are not good.

Oh, does anyone have any statistics for the champ usage/ban of the last tournaments?

Mystary!

Arcane
Ulminati said:
On the topic of Guardsman Bob, he dispensed another kernel of wisdom yesterday. I was watching him lane Yorick vs Talon solotop on his stream. He got ninja tabi fairly early, even though the other team had quite a lot of CC, including a Morgana and an Udyr. Apparently someone in his chat asked him why he went ninja tabi.

That's funny because I actually also learned this by myself against Talon, the hard way. For some reason I've been stuck laning against him top alot recently and I always got raped, hard. The only champ I had a decent chance with was Renekton, and because I learned from my mistakes. I'd usally start with a dorans blade, but this time I went boots (always a good idea against skill shot champs like Talon, Brand, Xerath etc) so I could dodge his Rake better but still was pretty painful. So instead of going the usual Brutalizier->Wriggles's->Upgrade boots I went for a chainmail first (which I would normaly never buy until I could build my 4th item, Sunfire Cape) and it cut his damage nearly in half.

And because Talon's been so freaking annoying to me, I went and bought him. His burst combo is so ridicilously powerful. Never lost a lane with him (or a game actually) except when there was another Talon who got an early kill somewhere else so he had a constant advantage.
Thoughts on Talon?

Lupus

Liturgist
AbpbopxCAAIfd7Z.jpg

This was unexpected. Looks like there's pause feature in ongoing tourney.

Mystary!

Arcane
Where you watching? The official page just shows some dudes walking around infront of a big screen. "Show start is delayed".

Lupus

Liturgist
Yeah, their bandwith is fucked up or something so the tournament is delayed.

I saw this screenshot on CLG's forum's and their twitter also say pause is in tournament client.

Lupus

Liturgist
TSM? TSM is in group B, teams from group A play today. First match should be CLG vs Dignitas. Or did Riot switched teams before tournament?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom