Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It'll probably be a least half a year, that's my guess.

I've watched the beta tournament streams, though, and it looks great. Unlike Heroes of Newerth, the graphics don't clutter up the screen so you can tell what the hell is going on.

Grunker said:
Only one thing worse than a feeder: Someone who plays extremely defensively. You lose like you do when you have a feeder it just takes forever instead.

A hundred times this, there is nothing more frustrating. I mean, at least the feeders try, and if you engage they will enthusiastically support you. I remember laning with Kog'maw together with a Shen, and the Shen was always, on attack, defense, pursuit and in team battles, further away from the enemy than I was. When pursuing an enemy I did try to retreat a couple of steps to make him go first, but that resulted in him taking a few steps back too... He only occasionally approached the enemy to throw the shuriken thing at him, then dashed out.

And don't even get me started on the typical Akali player...

Worst thing is, they usually end up with positive stats so they get that positive reinforcement from this playstyle.

That said, I think I should start thinking more happy-flowery thoughts. I am raging more and more, even at my teammates. I think it is the game. It's getting to me. Fucking team games man, brings out the worst in all of us.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It does. I catch myself doing it too, and it is so unlike me in normal games. I don't think it's the game alone, it's also the fact that that kindda behaviour is so normalized you're almost expected to rage.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Worst thing is, they usually end up with positive stats
This pisses me off too. When someone on your team is bad, but because they are such a pussy and kill steal they end up with positive stats (incredibly common), when you criticize them they will inevitably go I AM X-Y AND U R Z-A ROFL NOOB. They just don't fucking understand that the reason we have bad stats is because they're bad and keep fucking us in the ass.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
Your claim was that the difference between your level of skill and that of pros was not far removed. If anything in this discussion is herp-derp, it is certainly that. CS is one aspect, but I pointed out another; go play 5v5 ranked and see how far you guys get. You have the level, there's nothing stopping you.

I beleive his claim was that the pros made stupid choices in a tournament match. Not that he was a pro himself.

You don't have to be a master chef to tell the food is crap and all that.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yeah but sometimes people don't realize when to play defensivly either, like if the enemy team has gotten more fed early on you need to step back and farm awhile, but someone rushes in, gets one shotted and goes "but its 2v2 why you back?!" Maybe because they out level and out gear us? And now you just made it worse, gg.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
Grunker said:
Your claim was that the difference between your level of skill and that of pros was not far removed. If anything in this discussion is herp-derp, it is certainly that. CS is one aspect, but I pointed out another; go play 5v5 ranked and see how far you guys get. You have the level, there's nothing stopping you.

I beleive his claim was that the pros made stupid choices in a tournament match. Not that he was a pro himself.

You don't have to be a master chef to tell the food is crap and all that.

I believe you're wrong:

Reject said:
I agree with Roxor. With the codex team we have going, if we learned to farm better and buy more wards, we'd be more than a match for most of the teams that played today.

This is extreme amounts of derp.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Another thing I absolutely hate in DotA. You are playing against a team of late game carries; You and your partner dominate your lane. Then they go to another lane and feed off your bad players and go on to rape. They are not good, but they end up winning

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
Reject said:
I agree with Roxor. With the codex team we have going, if we learned to farm better and buy more wards, we'd be more than a match for most of the teams that played today.

This is extreme amounts of derp.

Oh lol. Yeah, ok, I'd like to see Roxor & the Kream of Kodexia go up against any premade team with an elo of 1500+

I guess LoL has rubbed off on you guys... seeming how much you like to brag and act like twaps now a days. :retarded: Nobody gives a damn about your e-peen, or that of anybody else for that matter.

Besides, the "Kream of Kodexia" wouldn't be playing such derpy games to begin with.

:rpgcodex:

Mystary!

Arcane
"If you play melee champion and invest in too much damage you will do less damage because you will be killed off first".
Guardsman Bob about a player building Madreds Bloodrazor first on Warwick, It was like the only items he could afford and was useless in every fight from start to end because he died instantly, and being dead means no damage, so all that money spent on damage was wasted.

Got a fun example of this myself when I played Talon vs Talon. The other guy went full dmg, Infinity, Bloodthrster etc. he got 1 or 2 kills on me early and was sooo cocky spouting the usual noob easy etc, but I went Atmogs to counter this, so in the end he'd unload his full combo on me and I'd lose maybe half my health and I would in turn do my combo and kill him instantly. Over and over and over. That shut him up. Lovely feeling.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Stereotypical Villain said:
I guess LoL has rubbed off on you guys... seeming how much you like to brag and act like twaps now a days. :retarded: Nobody gives a damn about your e-peen, or that of anybody else for that matter.

Besides, the "Kream of Kodexia" wouldn't be playing such derpy games to begin with.

:rpgcodex:
This is kind of dumb of you, because it's not about e-peen. But delude yourself some more.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I promised to say hi from my pals who were very sad you didn't want to play with us Roxor, Jaedar, herostratus and Jim :(

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Grunker said:
I promised to say hi from my pals who were very sad you didn't want to play with us Roxor, Jaedar, herostratus and Jim :(

Because after getting raped time and time again today, you simply have to take a break.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Anyone have any tips for jungling with cho'gath? I find the jungling part to be really easy, but I am horrible at the ganking part. Even if I land the q(which is difficult from bush range, and even more difficult if I am spotted), that's barely enough time to land a w before they get away.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I find Cho'Gath better as a top-laner, so I don't have any constructive advice on him as a jungler :/

Darth Roxor said:
Grunker said:

Because after getting raped time and time again today, you simply have to take a break.

Ye, Hoodoo told me as much.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Hey, they did play like shit that day, in case you didn't watch those matches. Yesterday and today's performances were much better.

Also, in case you didn't read my post, I said that if we got our farm and warding down to their levels, we'd do well against such a team. Saying, "check their creeping in each and every game and come back when you have the same amounts" means you didn't really read my entire whopping two sentence post.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Why must all of the kkkodex play on EU?

Are there any NA players? I'm pretty decent -- haven't played enough ranked yet, but I'm ~110 wins up in normals

Mystary!

Arcane
Grunker said:
WholesaleGenocide said:

Make an account on EU Nordic + East like other bros have done and come play with us!

So what is everyones username? I deleted most on my friends list because I had no idea who anyone was.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
WholesaleGenocide said:

Make an account on EU Nordic + East like other bros have done and come play with us!

KC Plays on NA I think. Me and Berekan play on EUW (which is like the monocle version of EUNE)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom