Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ Ulm is just butthurt because he ran into a few pollacks. I play solo queue on EUNE, and I haven't run into potatospeak in the last month.

Mystary!

Arcane
Losing streak. Games that have started great, looking to be easy wins, leading in kills and turrets but like there is always some over confident idiots who decides to go around in the enemy jungle by themselves getting killed before we are going in for the final push, or unexpectedly stays behind and solos dragon making us lose all momentum. Very annoying.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
fyezall said:
Losing streak. Games that have started great, looking to be easy wins, leading in kills and turrets but like there is always some over confident idiots who decides to go around in the enemy jungle by themselves getting killed before we are going in for the final push, or unexpectedly stays behind and solos dragon making us lose all momentum. Very annoying.

w3Dbb.jpg

:smug:

I'm a tanky motherfucker, yo.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Reject_666_6 said:
Try jungling Riven in soloQ with a team that's never heard of jungling. :(

68/121 ranked games as jungle Riven for me.

Gives you one of these:

cWrgb.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
WholesaleGenocide said:
Why must all of the kkkodex play on EU?

Are there any NA players? I'm pretty decent -- haven't played enough ranked yet, but I'm ~110 wins up in normals

KingComrade pretty much refuses to play with players whenever he does rarely log on. DakaSha used to play a lot, but hasn't logged on in a while.

I'm Level 30 and currently at 1420 ELO for NA (Which puts me 10 higher than Ulm right now... good to know), we can play sometime.

Just add MetaSHODAN.

edit: jk lost a couple ranked games so im lower again. To be fair Ulmunati is a better player than I am (I'd sure hope so considering he has so much more experience than I do), but in a comparatively short time I've come pretty close to his/Grunker's level

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I heard they just won iem with Ezfail as a carry.

Now I just don't know what to believe

In other news, I am losing the majority of all my games. Dunno what invisible threshold I crossed, but I regret it :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
FYI, Chaox and CandyPanda, arguably the two best AD carries in the world, have always held that Ezreal was a really good AD carry ;)

I dislike him, and Ulm hates him, but the pros disagree :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Step 1: Fear ignite :P

I haven't played swain in ages, but as far as I recall he's best played like some sort of semi-amumu. Rod of Ages is ridiculously good on him since he really needs the mana pool. I'd reccomend 2 of them.

0/9/21. Get 1 point of all 3 skills (W->E->Q) then R>E>W>Q

Catalyst, sorc shoes, RoA, Rylai, Roa #2, Wizard hat. Consider a revolver->WotA if you have hp sustain problems. Make sure jungler gives you blue as often as possible.

Important note about Rylai's. As of 2 patches ago, Swains ultimate still counted as a single-target non-DoT spell for some reason. That means it procs the full 35% slow from Rylai. I havne't played swain since then, so I dunno if they've fixed that yet. Abuse it if you can.

Your job is basically to go in as a MOTHERFUCKING GIANT BIRD (ideally slowing everyone thanks to Rylai) and DoT a priority target. you're like mundo/singed/ww in that so long as noone ignites you (and you don't go OOM) you can soak obscene amounts of damage.

You could go triple doran's ring early instead of rushing RoA if laning is difficult, but I think it will hurt your transition into the midgame if you delay roa #1 for too long.

Swain is an "ok" champion, but honestly not competitive. Other champs do sustained magic dps better (cassiopeia) or offers better AoE (brand) or cc (kennen, morgana) or sustain (vlad). Swain is actually a surprisingly good counter to vlad, since his DoT damage tends to kill off bad vlads while they'ee in pool.

On the topic of Ezfail, since people don't seem to understand why I despise him. Ezfail relies on landing 2 skillshots to deliver his burst. (And a semi-skillshot displacement) This means a signifigant amount of his DPS (IE: the only fucking reason you have him on the team) is unreliable. compared to say, champions like tristana, vayne, ashe, mf...

If you're a 2k+ ELO ranked player, sure, your skillshots will hit all the time and Ez becomes ok. (although still slightly less dependable than every other carry). If you're at 1500 ELO or less, chances are the Ezfail on your team is an idiot who's going to miss his skillshots and don't know how to lead targets hiding in the FoW. As soon as you start missing, Ezfail becomes the AD carry with the lowest DPS without the utility of crowd control skills. For a champion with a get in/out displacement skill, a long-range skillshot poke and high damage, Corki is a vastly superior choice.

It's not that he's a bad champion. It's just that every other champion that does his job does it better. Problem, ezfags?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Swain is a oft-seen last-pick in tourneys when a) opponents have 1 or no ignites and b) opponents' top-laner is weak against him.

Besides that, I completely agree, though I have one question:

Everyone, from normal dude to pro, is fan of 0/9/21 on Swain. Why? Why not 9/0/21 for that delicious spell-pen?

Mystary!

Arcane
Wierd about those mastiers, perhaps try the defensive path and see how it works and if your damage seem lackluste go with the usual mage set up?

Fun fact, Swain have special emotes in bird form.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Phage said:
WholesaleGenocide said:
Why must all of the kkkodex play on EU?

Are there any NA players? I'm pretty decent -- haven't played enough ranked yet, but I'm ~110 wins up in normals

KingComrade pretty much refuses to play with players whenever he does rarely log on. DakaSha used to play a lot, but hasn't logged on in a while.

I'm Level 30 and currently at 1420 ELO for NA (Which puts me 10 higher than Ulm right now... good to know), we can play sometime.

Just add MetaSHODAN.

edit: jk lost a couple ranked games so im lower again. To be fair Ulmunati is a better player than I am (I'd sure hope so considering he has so much more experience than I do), but in a comparatively short time I've come pretty close to his/Grunker's level

I added you. I keep bouncing between silver solo queue and high bronze. Shit sucks. Pretty sure I can hit gold eventually -- my friend is prob. about as good as me, and less consistent, and he's gold. I play two junglers, two supports, and 4-5 solo tops. Don't really play any mid characters, unless you count sion (most people don't). I suppose if I really want to get good I'll have to play a bunch of gay FOTM characters.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
Everyone, from normal dude to pro, is fan of 0/9/21 on Swain. Why? Why not 9/0/21 for that delicious spell-pen?

Swain needs to be in the middle of the enemy team to do damage. The 9 points in defensive mastery (armor, MR, hp regen from his massive mana pool) will let him stay longer and do more damage than 15% spell pen in most cases.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Cho is p. fun. I ended up playing first time cho in ranked because the person I was swapping noc with didn't have taric, soraka, irelia, alistar, annie or brand. He locked a random cho and was like "well, you can just play this lol!"

Was vs gragas mid. The enemy jungler was ganking top 24/7 because our top was massively overextended. So just AFK farmed, got an early RoA, then shroud and thornmail since the enemy had 3 AD champions. Ended up being goddamn immortal and nomming vayne for half her health.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Ulminati said:
Swain needs to be in the middle of the enemy team to do damage. The 9 points in defensive mastery (armor, MR, hp regen from his massive mana pool) will let him stay longer and do more damage than 15% spell pen in most cases.

Wait. How is getting a total of +6 armour/mres supposed to make him stay longer and do more damage than 15% spell pen that effectively increases the spell vamp from his ult by a good margin.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Hey, Ulm, I've got some questions about mid-late game Riven. The early game is fun, where you do the jungle routes and the low-level ganks. I get a few kills and all is well.

But when the laning phase ends, I seem to get focused and die in every engagement. Should I try to buy more defensive items to initiate better or something, or should I not be initiating at all in the first place, and hang back until the fight starts?

Wow, having played my first few games I can safely say I am a fuckton better with Ryze than I was with Poppy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom