Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Black shield AP ratio going down is no big bother. I mostly use it as a reaction to other people flinging CC at me. It'll take a little more damage but the functionality will be the same.

Spell vamp reduction hurts like fuck. Cassiopeia will be a pain in the ass to lane against. :(

But maybe people will go back to thinking she's trash, letting me actually play her again. I've only had 2 ranked games with my beloved Morg in S2 because she's always banned or some retard who doesn't know how to play her picks her.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It not a big deal.

As long as the Spell vamp dose not get nerfed into the ground she should still be fine, but she will lose some of her staying power, but nothing that is going to make me cut my self.

Mystary!

Arcane
So I took your advise and treated my team mates as the idots they are and said everything I was going to do and described what I needed them to do when I ganked and it really payed off. Last 6 matches with Nocturne won.
I can't take all the credit but I do feel like I'm making much more of a difference as a jungler as anything else, because I got more control over what is happening all over the place rather than just my lane. Many times have I've dominated a lane only to have the others lose horribly leaving me unable to do anything against the 2-3 over fed enemies.

Another thing with Noc, dunno if its a bug or something, but sometimes when I ult in and immeditly use my fear I'll just stop in my track, not attacking, having the enemy run out of range, incredibly annoying.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Darth Roxor said:
Yesterday's champion spotlight: Garen with sorcerer's shoes :M
I dunno, the Kennen that went away from every team battle because "It wasn't his fight" was pretty lulzy too.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So new skins found in the NA patch files:

Mr. Freeze Brand
Stripper Policewoman Caitlyn
Superhero Teemo (groan)
Cyber-ninja Irelia (wheee!)

Xerath looks like he might be a viable morgana counter. His stun on mage chains is triggered AFTER the damage of the spell that activates it. So it's able to bypass her black shield if the triggering spell takes the shields HP away. His range with locus is pretty scary too. He should be able to just hang back and farm with his Q until 6, then use poke from hell with locus + his ult.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
We played against a team of 5 hard casters today - Kennen, Swain, Brand, Malzahar and Anivia.

You have no idea how hilarious it was to play Kassadin with mres runes, defensive masteries and rushed abyssal sceptre/mercury's treads :M :M :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And none of them thought to buy quicksilver sash?

Not that their team composition wasn't utter shit or anything :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Xerath is pretty OP as new releases go. Kinda fun too.

9/0/21, standard caster runes. Dorans ring x2, boots of lucidity or merc treads, rylai, rabadon, void staff. QEW, then R>Q>W>E.

His ranges are obscenely long. He's basically a mix between kog'maw, lux and pre-nerf orianna. His autoattack range is long enough to safely farm creeps. When he goes into Locus of Power, his Arcanopulse (Q) goes from roughly the distance of Morganas Dark Binding to the distance of Lux'es Laz0r. His ultimate shoots 3 times, with roughly the range of a lv6 kog'maw living artillery without locus of power to a lv16 kog'maws living artillery with locus active.

Locus of power starts at ~20sec cooldown, but goes down 4 secs every time you rank it up. The magic pen from locus caps at 35% + 15% from masteries. Throw a void staff on top and you're looking at 90% magic penetration. Hence why you can easily skip sorceror's shoes.

So far I'm at a 100% win rate with Xerath. the main mistake I see enemy Xerath's do is staying in locus of power for too long. He needs to be constantly moving, since he's somewhat squishy even with his passive. Once you get a few ranks in it, locus->mage chains->arcanopulse->cancel locus seems to be the way to go. It's almost never worth staying in locus long enough to fire a second arcanopulse.

If you're going for a kill, locus->mage chains->arcane barrage gives you better odds of landing the stun than locus->mage chains->arcanopulse. As soon as you've stunned someone, follow up with arcanopulse and the rest of your charges on arcane barrage. It should easily take a squishy down to 10-15% hp.

I'm still debating which summoner spells to give him. Conventional logic says flash/ignite, but I'm not sold on ignite. Most of the time, you're going to be slinging spells outside of ignite's range, so you are unlikely to be able to tag people with it if they flee. Teleport is a delicious alternative since it allows you to telegank if your team buys wards. Otherwise, there's always cleanse or exhaust to stop the enemy jungler from killing you.

His jokes are also pretty lulzy.

"Power laning, power farming, power kills, so many kills, FOUR HUNDRED KILLS!"

"Lightning bolt, Lightning Bolt, LIGHTNING BOLT, LIIIGHTNING BOLLLT!"

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Ulminati said:
His ranges are obscenely long. He's basically a mix between kog'maw, lux and pre-nerf orianna. His autoattack range is long enough to safely farm creeps. When he goes into Locus of Power, his Arcanopulse (Q) goes from roughly the distance of Morganas Dark Binding to the distance of Lux'es Laz0r. His ultimate shoots 3 times, with roughly the range of a lv6 kog'maw living artillery without locus of power to a lv16 kog'maws living artillery with locus active.

This is a big exaggeration, bro. The ranges on his skills are, Q = 900, E = 600 and R = 900, and Locus adds another 400 to these, so you get 1300, 1000 and 1300 respectively. His ulti has a 400 area of effect, so his effective range with it increases by half that, so he can reach a target at 1500 range.

For reference, Morgana's Dark Binding has a range of 1300, Kog's Living Artillery goes 1400/1700/2000 and Lux's Final Flash has a range of 3000.

Honestly, those bloated ranges you described are what I actually expected when I read Xerath's description, a true artillery hero. But they just settled for above-average ranges, so meh.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Reject_666_6 said:
Honestly, those bloated ranges you described are what I actually expected when I read Xerath's description, a true artillery hero. But they just settled for above-average ranges, so meh.

I stand corrected. They're still longer than most heroes range. In locus, you will pretty much outrange every non-ultimate ability in the game. Once you get it to rank 5 (and some CDR) you can pop in, fire, cancel and move with the speed buff prety much whenever you want.

Sovard said:
AFAIK percentage magic pen doesn't work like that, Ulminati.

There is a different formula.

Well, if it's multiplicative instead of additive, you "only" get 67.3% magic pen. Still enough that sorc shoes wouldn't be worth it. But I'm pretty sure void staff+arcane knowledge gives 55% total.

Up to 8 wins-0 losses in normal and 1win-0losses in ranked with Xerath. They really ought to nerf him.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Another typical game with randoms:

- enemies take 5 ad carries, a couple of them believes having any damage sucks so f.e. Master Yi ends game with boots, Phantom Dancer, Zeal, Recurve Bow and Emblem of Valor,
- one of them kills himself on the mid tower before the minions spawns, Anivia doesn't get a kill because she didn't hit him even once,
- in response to enemies having no casters, Singed buys Force of Nature and Mercury threads but not a single item giving him armour,
- Sona goes solo top instead of Singed and then constantly spams me for help (no, I can't come to save her ass when I am killing the lizard elder or the dragon on the other end of the map),
- in the midgame she insists on us keeping in group of five all the time, spending less time on playing the game than on pinging and writing comments like "wtf WW?" when my team is standing in the middle, doing nothing but waiting until enemies decide they want to suicide and go outside their turret range and I am killing the top tower,
- the only player in the opposing team who plays decently is on level 1 and has 0 wins,
- we win easily (40-12 kills) but after match I hear from Singed that he hates such games because some fucking Warwick was stealing all the kills (no, it's not a kill steal when the enemy had around 60% life when I started hitting him).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bros I need a jungler, any recommendations? Preferably one that doesn't cost 6k IP so I can also afford runes for it. Is there any list of jungleable characters somewhere?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I guess it's a valid choice for people to choose ezfail. Just like it's a valid choice for people never to win a major tournament :smug:

Why does dignitas and crs both have two people top lane, and sololaners at bot? I thought the bottom was supposed to have two people for better dragon control.

Mystary!

Arcane
They tried to pressure eachother early by going 2v1 but they both thought the same thing so it didn't amount to anything.

kk.

Also Dignitas Ezrael is 5/ 0 / 5. :troll: Ulminati?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom