Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
While Yorick was free, I soloed half the enemy with him. He's ridiculously good lategame, but I found farm somewhat hard with him, although I did mainly go 2v1 top.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yorick is excellent, but there's a reason he isn't regarded as top tier. Shouldn't matter much unless you play in an environment where his weaknesses really matter.

He is excrutiatingly vulnerable to ganks, and he doesn't scale as well into late game as some of the other top tier bruisers. He also becomes "immortal" later than the others (you know, the point of a bruiser where you feel you simply can't touch them).

He's a bunch of fun to play though, and very powerful in solo queue and just general play.

So, something like 80% of the times I try to solo top I lose my tower p quickly if there are two enemies. Tbh I don't know how good jungling is :M

What would happen if, in a pro match, one of the teams had two strong pushers top and no jungler?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jungling isn't good at our level except maybe in solo queue ranked 1400+ or 5v5 arranged ranked. The reason is as you say.

But, in a 5v5 ranked game, the following would happen:

1) Top-lane would have to share farm (catastrophic)

2) Your team would have no ganking potential (HUGELY catastrophic)

3) The enemy team could play defensively top-lane - maybe secure status quo, but in all circumstances slowly lose the tower while it capitalizes on having ganking potential and great farm.

These are the three main reasons. The reason I would play with a jungler anyway in normal games, is that it's good practice for how "real" games happen. If you honestly think you're gonna be playing at this level "forever", there's no reason to use a jungler as such.

Mystary!

Arcane
Be honest with the jungler, tell him it's not working and he has got to help you.
Another thing I dislike is the forced support. I rather someone play somethin theyre comfortable with then be a crap supporter. This also sucks if I'm stuck playing support and the supportee doesn't know how to take advantage of it. I rather play something I can carry with in that case, but it's impossible to tell how good players you get beforehand :/

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If, by the 8 minute mark, your jungler hasn't made at least 4 ganks, he's shit

If, by the 12 minute mark, your jungler hasn't made a serious attempt to secure dragon, he's shit

If, by the 15 minute mark, your jungler hasn't donated blue to mid yet, he's shit

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Ulminati said:
If, by the 8 minute mark, your jungler hasn't made at least 4 ganks, he's shit

If, by the 12 minute mark, your jungler hasn't made a serious attempt to secure dragon, he's shit

If, by the 15 minute mark, your jungler hasn't donated blue to mid yet, he's shit

I disagree with the first one -- sometimes you're playing a jungler than needs to hit 6 fast before really being able to gank (aka WW), or you're playing against the average carry+support with 3 wards + faerie charm which are impossible to gank early on, and your top lane doesn't have much cc. The shittiest thing in the world as a jungler is when people keep pressuring you to gank their lanes while your jungle is almost 100% full because they can't lane for shit.

Or, you have a chance to grab dragon. Dragon is 100% more important than ganks.

Oh, and grunker, I've beaten teams without junglers probably 90% of the time -- they're absolute jokes so long as your top lane is reasonably decent and the other team doesn't have an absurd combo, like anyone + cait. If it has cait in it, you're gonna lose the lane. I'm silver though, and my normal elo is probably fairly high (120+ wins above losses, and I rarely lose my lane, though I do play a lot of pub stomper champs).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm Gold, at I'm at a fairly high normal win ratio too, so maybe I'm remembering stuff wrongly about the lower ELOs. But AFAIR playing without a jungler was more than viable at lower ELOs.

Man I love laning with a good support player.

That Soraka kept Corki fit and trim so effortlessly that in what seemed like no time I'd accrued 5000 gold without once even thinking about returning to base. I realized I'd been holding off three champions and their minions through liberal usage of Phosphorous Bomb and Missile Barrage...and the only thing in my inventory was still Doran's Blade.

Needless to say once I went on my spending spree my support and I crushed bot like a cracker.

Needed it, too. My couple games previous to that with Tristana were a disaster.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh cool, Irelia is free this week. The rest of the rotation is horrible though, weren't all these heroes free just 2 weeks ago?

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Anyone here play AP Sion? He shit stops almost every lane against the people I play.

Just from my match history of my sion games:

6/1/11
16/0/8
7/1/0
2/3/3 ( :( )
15/7/17
9/7/10
14/2/4
12/6/5

I've literally carried almost every game I've played in with him. He's really, really easy to play, farms like a boss, is tanky, and I haven't lost a lane to anyone but chogath so far, and this is with probably 30+ games of AP sion. He does really well so far at silver elo too, and he's never banned.

I run mpen reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, flat ap blues (with 2 being mpen blues) and one flat ap quint, two movement quints. 9/0/21. Solo top (or mid), grab one point in e, then max shield asap while getting a point in stun at lvl 3. Push the lane CONSTANTLY, and ward your pushes so you can't get ganked. If you can't win the lane by killing them, win the lane by letting their tower eat up all their cs. Apparently this strat is pretty similar to a 1900+ Sion player, so it's working really well.

Run ignite/flash at lower elos and teleport/flash at higher elos where coordinated dragon fights happen more often so you can tele at your dragon ward (and you won't lose top tower because you pushed like a motherfucker, remember?)

Lupus

Liturgist
1421 elo after 10 placement matches. Riven will carry me to gold soon. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
WholesaleGenocide said:
I disagree with the first one -- sometimes you're playing a jungler than needs to hit 6 fast before really being able to gank (aka WW), or you're playing against the average carry+support with 3 wards + faerie charm which are impossible to gank early on, and your top lane doesn't have much cc

ww can gank at level 3 with redbuff. It's enough for force summoners and give your lane a breather.

Support+3 wards usually don't place the first until the 4-minute mark and you can go through enemy jungle.

Mid lane probably has CC if top doesn't.

I'm hearing a lot of excuses and not enough AN ENEMY HATH BEEN SLAIN

Knockwurst-8.jpg

Problem, warwickfags?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
I proclaim jaedar the worst Irelia played in league of legends :(
I proclaim roxor a shitty team compositioner, picking Shen instead of an AD carry when the team already had 2 tankies :(

so yeah, I tried Irelia. She's p fun, even if I do kind of suck with her

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Rushing ninja tabi in top lane and replacing later will be FOTM in a month or two. Calling it right now.

Heimerdinger is kinda fun to play. Not going to get many kills with him, but as support/pusher I suppose that's not the point.

I can see why I hear they took out the third turret, though. If the opposing champs were gone for any decent amount of time he could blaze through a lane with minions. As it is he has just enough power to give pressure.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So I was playing ranked. Picked jungle riven. Our top lane (nunu) never connects. I go top vs. cho. 12/1/7.

He forced me back early with flash/ignite under tower where only a fast valor saved me. I came back with 2x dorans. Killed him once and then just zoned him and faceraped him whenever he tried to farm. Trynd came top a few times to gank, but e+q meant I could largely ignore his slow. Twice he chased me under the towre and I stunned and kited him until the tower killed him.

redeemed_riven_by_gladosy-d4b8ei6.png

I'm having way too much fun with this champ. I think she might just replace Morg as my favourite, even if Morg is more reliable for winning games.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
This just popped up in my client:

Spectator mode is available for testing today from 01:30 to 04:00 BST (02:30 to 05:00 CEST)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Looks like I picked a good time to get into the game. :smug:

You newfags have it so easy. :D

Death recaps, tooltips, replays (through third part app), guides, livestreams, tutorials, co-op vs AI, spectator mode. Back when I started out you pressed "play" and prayed you wouldn't get assreamed by DotA pros. We didn't have any of that. We were happy when the matchmaker was implemented to sort-of even the teams.

Mystary!

Arcane
So anyone see the new Nocturne skin? Appearently alot of people was disappointed it didt feature new particle effects, skin is white, effects remained black. After 700+ pages of complaining on the north american boards, the devs caved to pressure and re-did the effects on Nocturnes, and it's not even just a recolor, it's completly new, greenish glowing with wailing ghosts in the goo.
And they didnt make a big deal over it, no announcement, just a pop-up in game "Hey check out the new nocutrne effects, you might have to restart client".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom