Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Sometimes I just want to cry

YGbMK.jpg

Why do I insist on picking support with these people? I don't know, I should go carry all the time with them. Anyway my team kept feeding all the time and our Shaco dropped at 3/4 of the game. In the end we won because their Ryze also dropped and they surrendered, we managed to turn the tide of a pair of tf's but I don't think that would've made us win.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
7/0/7 With Irelia.
Feels good mang.

Problem is that now I'm actually halfdecent with her that takes away half the fun :/

Started playing this about a week ago at the urgings of a housemate.

So far, all I can say is that bots are a larger challenge than the current level of players I'm being matched up against. 90% win rate if my internet doesn't decide to buck me off halfway through a match.

It's been too long since I've experienced the joys of making someone rage quit :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tried a different jungle path in normal game premade for riven.

21/0/9, armpen red, flat armor yellow+blue, flat AD quints.

Dorans blade, Dorans blade, boots, dorans blade, vampiric scepter, merc treads, bloodthirster, warmog.

Around the time I finished the third dorans' blade I made the enemy WW ragequit because I kept jumping him in his jungle, burning his flash and taking his creepz

Sordid Jester

Educated
145 pages and counting of sheer butthurt on Riot's forums (the NA ones, at least) over the new Fiddle's skin surprise thingy.

It's almost magical.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, it WAS a gloriously stupid thing they did. Took the skin the community dreamt up, charge money for it and act like we should be grateful considering we got a free skin last year :P

They trolled me gloriously with that one. Right after I finished a match a pop-up told me that LoL had been patched in the midst of the game and that there was a surprise for me. Awesome, maybe a Rune or something.

*Bing*

Sees 'surprise' Fiddlesticks

Ah. You witty bastards.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I've been having a lot of fun with a new Yi build I came up with lately.

I came to the conclusion that Master Yi has so much in-built ++++++++offence from wuju style and the ultimate, that some of the typical carry items can be sacrificed for survivability and he'll still be a beast.

I start with berserker greaves because attack speed is p. cool. Then I get Ghostblade, as it pretty much gives me all the stuff I need throughout the whole game (AD, crit chance, CDR + very cool active). Then I get warmog's to up my total end-game hp p. much by 33%. Then comes Atma's and Wit's End, priority depending on enemy team. I finish with Bloodthirster for the ultimate IDDQD.

Surprisingly effective. With that item set, Yi can shred through squishies and fat dudes alike just as normally, but has a fuckton of added survivability that means he doesn't die the moment you look at him (which is very bad in a melee champ).

Mystary!

Arcane
Yi's main problem still remains thou, no crowd control. He can survive and troll around with his ult all day but he cant really save sanyone elses life.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Darth, you pretty much just listed the standard tanky DPS build... although most would use a trinity force over the wit's end.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Phage said:
Darth, you pretty much just listed the standard tanky DPS build...

I suppose :M

although most would use a trinity force over the wit's end.

Triforce doesn't give mres and costs twice as much, tho. And I really like wit's end, it gives so much useful utility for such a low cost it's pretty much a must-have on all my AD champs.

He can survive and troll around with his ult all day but he cant really save sanyone elses life.

I dunno man, alpha striking and killing someone with 4 crits on SUPAHSPEED looks pretty much like life-saving to me :troll:

But yeah, the lack of CC is a pain. Exhaust on Yi is a must, but dat cooldown :?

Lupus

Liturgist
Next step for your Yi career is recognizing Yi's true strength and stop fighting in teamfights. Get Phantom Dancer, Youmuu's Ghostblade and more Phantom Dancers, then push lanes 24/7. If someone's gonna get you obliterate him if he's alone or run away to different lane to push there. Then repeat.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I really want to see WholeSaleGenocide square off vs Ulminati or Grunker somehow. I've played with him, he's a very strong player.

Technically Ulm and Grunker have higher solo queue ELOs, but the leaderboards for EU West have 700 fewer pages of players, and there are no rankings on the League of Legends website for EU East, which really leads me to question how valuable Grunker's gold rating really is.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ask me, any rating below 1700 or so doesn't mean much. That's around the point where others can't carry you enough anymore. At 1700+ the game changes drastically from individual perfomance to a team game, at least compared to lower ratings. So individuals who are not on par will drag their team down more.

My rating was 960 in Season 1, and now, more by coincidence than anything else really, it's 1520. I take pride in my 5v5 Arranged Raned rating, because that feels like an achievement. My solo rating feels like luck, just as my low Season 1 rating felt like bad luck.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That said, a 1v1 versus Ulminati would be fun! I've always viewed him as a mechanically better player than me, but I've developed a lot in the last few months, and it's been some time since we played together :)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yeah, but WholesSaleGenocide vs either of you would be America vs Europe, Good vs Evil, Rocky vs Apollo, etc..!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Denmark vs Sweden
Britain vs Good looking people
Ninjas vs Ninjas with guns
Bioware vs Story Telling
Spartans vs Holes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
That said, a 1v1 versus Ulminati would be fun! I've always viewed him as a mechanically better player than me, but I've developed a lot in the last few months, and it's been some time since we played together :)

Feel free to join me on the european server then ;)

My rating is low as fuck at the moment, since I found a bunch of really bad (but really hilarious) brits and took them under my wing. I occasionally play custom 5v5 premade with some 1800-ELO dutch players (though they only allow me to pick morgana, mumu, alistar, taric, sona, soraka or supportplank) and usually aquit myself well. But most of the time these days I'm jungling riven/udyr/cho'gath/skarner/shaco/irelia/mumu/gangplank

I've always considered Grunker about my equal (perhaps slightly weaker in movement prediction which becomes important when you use skillshot champions). Any game between us would be decided on who had the better concentration/teammates that day. A 1v1 would be meaningless though. LoL is a team game and a 1v1 would be determined as much by what champions we happened to pick as it would player skill.

That said, if you can get a bunch of friends together, I reccomend playing mid fight in a custom game. Works with 2, 6 or 10 players. Each team sends 1 player mid and the rest stay in base. You "win" mid by killing the other player OR getting 25 CS ahead of them. When a round is won, the players can go top/bot/jungle (but under no circumstance should they push towers) while the next two players go mid. You should probably houserule against teleport as a summoner spell. :P

It's very good practice for denying, lasthitting and generally learning the ins and outs of your champion. Whichever team wins the most bouts win the round. There's a little strategy in determining the order in which players go mid, since some will benefit a LOT from the extra gold that ticks in before the later rounds.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You're not level 30 yet? :smug:

I played jungle riven a few days ago. Duo'ed with a hi-ELO mate of mine. Invaded the enemy jungle and beat the shit out of Guardsman bob.

Felt pretty monocle.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
Grunker said:

Feel free to join me on the european server then ;)

My rating is low as fuck at the moment, since I found a bunch of really bad (but really hilarious) brits and took them under my wing. I occasionally play custom 5v5 premade with some 1800-ELO dutch players (though they only allow me to pick morgana, mumu, alistar, taric, sona, soraka or supportplank) and usually aquit myself well. But most of the time these days I'm jungling riven/udyr/cho'gath/skarner/shaco/irelia/mumu/gangplank

I've always considered Grunker about my equal (perhaps slightly weaker in movement prediction which becomes important when you use skillshot champions). Any game between us would be decided on who had the better concentration/teammates that day. A 1v1 would be meaningless though. LoL is a team game and a 1v1 would be determined as much by what champions we happened to pick as it would player skill.

That said, if you can get a bunch of friends together, I reccomend playing mid fight in a custom game. Works with 2, 6 or 10 players. Each team sends 1 player mid and the rest stay in base. You "win" mid by killing the other player OR getting 25 CS ahead of them. When a round is won, the players can go top/bot/jungle (but under no circumstance should they push towers) while the next two players go mid. You should probably houserule against teleport as a summoner spell. :P

It's very good practice for denying, lasthitting and generally learning the ins and outs of your champion. Whichever team wins the most bouts win the round. There's a little strategy in determining the order in which players go mid, since some will benefit a LOT from the extra gold that ticks in before the later rounds.

Sounds like a pretty fun exercise! I have to finish my teaching job before I have time to even think about setting that kind of stuff up. I'll be done in December.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Grunker said:
Ask me, any rating below 1700 or so doesn't mean much. That's around the point where others can't carry you enough anymore. At 1700+ the game changes drastically from individual perfomance to a team game, at least compared to lower ratings. So individuals who are not on par will drag their team down more.

My rating was 960 in Season 1, and now, more by coincidence than anything else really, it's 1520. I take pride in my 5v5 Arranged Raned rating, because that feels like an achievement. My solo rating feels like luck, just as my low Season 1 rating felt like bad luck.

After thinking about it further, I have to disagree with you.

If you've only played your 10 placement matches, then sure, your rating really doesn't mean much, but honestly, after you've played enough matches in solo queue, you'll know where your current skill level stands. I've got 61 solo queue games played, and I've been hovering around 1400 (+/- 20 points) for the past 20 matches, so I can, in my opinion, confidently say that's where I belong skill-wise.

I know it's not a glorious rating, but if take into account the masses that play, I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Ended up with a level 30 on my team one time, who chose Urgot. For reference, I was level 11, there was a level 19, and the others were within my range. This was co-op vs. bot, understand (wanted to practice NuNu).

He steamrolled practically the whole game by himself. 59 kills, 0 deaths and about 14 assists.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
28 (out of a total 39 of the team)/1/6 as Kassadin. Hahaha, oh wow.

Almost got a friggin pentakill. Wiped out four d00dz, but a pesky teemo started running from the slaughter, and before I killed him, the multikill window of opportunity closed :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom