Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
herostratus said:
Udyr

Monkey's Agility no longer grants Dodge

WHAT?!? That's it!?! No buff to compensate!!

Well Udyr was considered by many to be the best jungler even before the Vollybear patch, which made him even better. You better believe that he had nerfs incoming, so I guess by removing his dodge passive they'll be killing two birds with one stone. The problem is that if there's no decrease in effectiveness they might continue nerfing him in other ways, so you better pray this dodge thing is enough of a nerf.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
fyezall said:
Youve been fooled, thats a community fan made champ, not the real deal.

EDIT: Wierd seems legit now, but I saw it on youtube from a guy who had a bunch of other fanmade champions this morning and just assumed it was another one and that the community was being trolled.

YOU UNBELIEVER! HERE'S A DANCE TO PROVE YOU'RE WRONG!

Also, it seems that within the patch files were some new items, which you can read about here.

New Ahri champ looks incredibly strong, Imma bet ten thousand of Mitt Romneys dollars that she'll be nerfed within a couple of weeks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've bought and played her. So far my impressions are: Extremely fun to play, high damage output under extremely specific circumstances that will probably lead to some OPOPOP shouting, but in reality I think her damage is a bit on the low side, unfortunately. I've been wrong before however.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Her Q procs twice on an unlimited number of targets

Her W procs three times on one, two or three targets

Her R procs three times with three strikes

The AP scaling lies - you have to see the abilities in practice a bunch of times before it makes sense.

The jury is out on Ahri right now and will be for a long time I suspect.

Protip for pro math types:

If an ability deals damage twice, the effective ratio is doubled

If an ability deals damage thrice, the ratio is tripled

If an ability deals true damage, the effective ratio is equal to ratio* MR in %.

To aid with understanding this concept, imagine a champ with a magic missile type spell that hits an enemy five times on his Q. Each arrow has a .4 scaling. I guess the spell would be banalshitweak?

If Ahri lands the kiss and then the skillshot on a dude with 50 MR the effective AP scaling is equal to .33+.33*1.5=.83 ratio (with very high base damage) for the skillshot, then .35 for the kiss, then if she lands all the foxfires on one dude we have high base damage +.75 AP ratio, then we have the ult dealing damage at .3 three times for a total of 0.9. This adds up to 2.83.

If the enemy team is nearby, the AP ratio on total damage dealt will increase by .33 for the foxfires and 1.8 for the ult for a total up there close to 5. And dont get me started on what happens if the Q hits several people.

Of course this is very mathcrafty and there are many ifs and buts, the skillshots landing being one of them, and I guess the foxfires could also go commando and hit people you don't want to hit so she sounds tricky but not trickier than that skilled players could land the entire combo at someone at some point in the game. And that combo would certainly give karmas suicide bombs a run for her money, to put it lightly...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That was my point hero ;)

Your math isn't strictly true however, since balance must also take into account abstract concept such as dashes, CC, the overall coherence of the champ and so on.

The point here is it's hard to say anything about Ahri on account of her AP scalings.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I was kind of excited for Ahri, but after seeing her ratios, low base move speed and overall burst compared to... actual mages... I don't really care too much about her.

ESPECIALLY NOT WITH VIKTOR COMING OUT OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Xi

Arcane
herostratus said:
New Ahri champ looks incredibly strong, Imma bet ten thousand of Mitt Romneys dollars that she'll be nerfed within a couple of weeks.

Like I said, they have a certain theme of Overpowering new champs to make money on impulse purchases.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, Xi, explain the champions I asked you about in that light again?

Also, hero, don't bait the retards.

Xi

Arcane
Grunker said:
Yeah, Xi, explain the champions I asked you about in that light again?

Also, hero, don't bait the retards.

There's too many. I'm not going to go back on a years worth of champion releases to appease you. You'll have to take my word for it. Sure, the last few havent been so OP, but that's because the community called them on it. But, expect the next few to be way over powered, and then nerfed a month later.

IMHO, the game just isn't that competitive. Maybe in a premade it can be, but not in solo rank/normals. It's a joke. I go from 1450-1150 over the course of a few days because I get on teams where we have 5-10 deaths before 10 minutes. I can't do anything about that.

If you look at the rank play, solo is so close to random chance, that you have to question the whole aspect of rank.

IMHO. They should have ELO based on win/lose + In-game stats. That way, if you lose, but play well, it doesn't affect your ELO. Also, if you can play well on a losing team, that means something. The current system simply does not work.

Lupus

Liturgist
IMHO. They should have ELO based on win/lose + In-game stats. That way, if you lose, but play well, it doesn't affect your ELO. Also, if you can play well on a losing team, that means something. The current system simply does not work.
This totally gonna work for supports and initiators, I can see it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
derp i have this claim but i won't back it up with facts derp

Also, your suggestion of ELO based on in-game stats is hilarious considering how little stats say about how you did in the game.

The only thing I agree with is that solo queue sucks. As for the rest, you sound like someone who played the game for a week.

Xi

Arcane
Grunker said:
derp i have this claim but i won't back it up with facts derp

Also, your suggestion of ELO based on in-game stats is hilarious considering how little stats say about how you did in the game.

The only thing I agree with is that solo queue sucks. As for the rest, you sound like someone who played the game for a week.

Fact. Solo Rank, is statistically perfect random chance. That's a fact. That's why I think they need other modifiers for ELO. Otherwise, solo is a waste of time. It's no different than normal games. 100% the same atm.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Finally dropped a bit of money on this. Bought the 2 week IP boost and picked up Sona because she was on sale and feels fucking awesome whenever I play with her. Few games ago I actually picked up Mejai's on her and got to 19 stacks before the enemy team conceded. People seem to really massively underestimate her for the first few levels, I get first blood in most of my games as her, and always seem to end up zoning them out of getting any last hits till we're level 6 at least.

500 damage nukes + 250 point smart heals every 6 seconds :yeah:

Thinking I might actually get Ahri as my first 6300 character instead of Brand or Xerath. E seems really easy to land, it's fast and not especially bright, and has a low cooldown. And that ult is the ultimate chasing tool and puts out insane damage in a team fight used properly.

Xi

Arcane
Berekän said:
So the Top ELO Players are just lucky fucks?
In many ways, yes. I mean solo too. Not premade. Of course, they have a strategy that works in some regard, but they could fall from ELO at any moment. The top solo rank players are always different. You don't see the same names more than once. They get there for a bit, then they fall back due to chance. There's zero consistency.

If you get decent elo, stop playing rank. Thats how it works.

Damned Registrations

Solo has a 10% correlation with your skill at winning the game. You make up 10% of the players after all. Still, thats about as good as you can get; it's a lot better than having your ranking have a 10% correlation with skill + 50% correlation with your relative skill at farming stats.

Xi

Arcane
DamnedRegistrations said:
Solo has a 10% correlation with your skill at winning the game. You make up 10% of the players after all. Still, thats about as good as you can get; it's a lot better than having your ranking have a 10% correlation with skill + 50% correlation with your relative skill at farming stats.

I mean you should lose less elo if you die fewer times, get more kills, earn more gold, etc. It should slightly offset the elo. A good game should boost it more, and a bad game less (if you play well). Currently, winning and losing has nothing to do with skill of the player. ELO is purely a number that represents random luck.

Lose ten games in a row (because of bad players) and your ELO wouldnt budge much (if you can play decent). If you play shitty for 10 games, and lose, then fuck it you lose a lot of ELO. It makes perfect sense really.

Damned Registrations

No, it doesn't. This just encourages people to do stupid shit like refuse to play if they didn't win their lane, and sit in the base until the team surrenders. Or only play heroes with escape mechanisms and run at the first sign of trouble.

Dying is often worth it if done in the right situation. Tower kills are worth much more gold than a hero kill for example, or sacrificing yourself to save someone with a kill streak. Your system would make doing stuff like that give you a worse rating.

You'd have to factor in so many variables it'd be impossible to make a good system this way.

Damned Registrations

Bought Ahri and played my first match with her. Very fun. Stacked spellvamp late game, makes her very survivable, since it's quite hard for a single target to focus you down while your ult is up, and by the time you've moved away and someone else has turned on you, your spells have already hit 30 things for over 9000 damage.

I think W is actually her best skill to max; it's the only one that gets a reduced CD, giving you something to spam while dashing around, it has the best damage vs a single target or multiple spread out targets, and it's very mana efficient, and it's cost doesn't rise with level like the others. Obvious problem being, it's shorter range than the orb. But if you landed E anyways, that won't be a problem, and if you didn't, orb is mostly good for blowing up creeps or enemies retarded enough to line up for you. (Though admittedly, her ult lets her line up enemies herself.) I was initially wondering whether AP is really the best investment or if CD or spellpen would be better, but after playing her I have to say AP + Spellvamp really is the best. Most fights are going to happen around creeps, and the AP lets you leech that much more life while popping them, and you can easily target whoever has the lowest MR. The CD on the ult feels really short.

Also, best part about the ult: you know when you're in/near a fight and some fucker is escaping with 10 hp a whole screen away? This is the ONLY fucking hero that can just run over and fucking pop them. Dash through their whole team while doing it too, you'll just crank more damage out that way. Feels SO much better than hanging around the edges with a normal mage trying to reach their squishies without getting crushed by the tank, or just blasting the tank because he's the only thing you can reach.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But her Q gives her true damage that scales with AP. True damage. That scales.

This may not mean much to some people, but if you're playing against people who know when to get armor/mr, scaling true damage is a godsend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom