Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Angthoron

Arcane
So I recently bought a new mouse and turns out that there was a promo for LoL going on with it, Google says they're:

2 Tier 3 runes.

Razer Quintessence of Speed
+1.5% Movement Speed

Razer Mark of Precision
+2.23% Critical Damage

Anyone want the code? I doubt I'll be playing LoL but maybe some bro will find them useful.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That's bro of you. I have 3 speed quints so if anyone wants the code other than me who doesn't have any of the runes I suggest you give it to them. Otherwise I'm fresh for the critical one.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yeah, I'd pe up for the crit one too, but Grunker plays more often than I do, and he's a bro too, so give it to him.
I'm glad they changed the artwork for the new hero, enough with the azn heroes already.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Just a pedantic heads-up: Katarina is only bad in context. That is - any CC or über-burst and opponents with half a brain and she's quite horrible. But under the right circumstances she is one of the best champions in the League.

I'm not saying play her or anything because those circumstances are rarely there. Just never underestimate Katarina and if you're up against her take a look at your team-comp and say to yourself: "Will this get dangerous?" :)

I had a lolnormal game today where bot fed kat (she was mid but kept ganking vayne+gp bot). Our jungle rammus was an idiot and kept trying to gank top where I had no problem killing vlad on my own (solotop as akali). Basically all our hard CC was Rammus who was an idiot and Vayne who was an even bigger idiot (hurr durr I rush black cleaver and shoot rammus who has thornmail when graves is next to him and I'm not taunted!). Oh yeah there was also Xerath he was good but Xerath's stun isn't very reliable. Plus their Rammus kind of fucked us over.

Kat is a joke if you have someone semi-competent who will use his hard CC to counter her ult. But if you don't then expect her to carry her team.

Also regarding icy bitch trannymere, yeah even more chainslow as part of a champion's kit. Gotta love that shit, at least 10% isn't that much but still.

So bros, I know we had a small Nunu discussion back at the top, but in general is he fun to play? I've always considering getting him, any time I play against him he's pissed me off something nightmarish with that eon long slow, so I've always thought about picking him up and spreading that evil among the rest of the playerbase. Also, Trannymere might be fun, will have to see em in action though.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nunu is good for trolling cause he can feed of minions, permaslow people and buff their carry. Vayne/Graves + Nunu = Ownage. You need good early game with him so he can be useful late game. His late game is extremely weak if youre not pumped up with Rod of Ages, Deathcap, Rylais and Banshees.Lots of HP and AP. IMO, thats his core build, as he lacks hard CC people will just ignore you. His jungle is sweet,counter-jungle even better, his Q is like second smite thats heals a shitload too and as said before his E is main source of damage. When ganking care for CC, i usually E people then chase and flash in in front of their escape route and ult.
He is fun if you got a carry with a clue on your team, Nunu is more of a teamplayer, a support/counter jungler. I wouldnt reccomend going glass cannon AP, he doesnt have that mega burst combo of damage for that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nunu is fun to play if you like doing nothing past the 40 minute mark but buff and sometimes slow a little ;)

Seriously though, he's a great champ and he plays very different both in lane and jungle compared to most champs.

Angthoron

Arcane
That's bro of you. I have 3 speed quints so if anyone wants the code other than me who doesn't have any of the runes I suggest you give it to them. Otherwise I'm fresh for the critical one.

Yeah, I'd pe up for the crit one too, but Grunker plays more often than I do, and he's a bro too, so give it to him.
I'm glad they changed the artwork for the new hero, enough with the azn heroes already.

Sent to Grunker then, check your PMs bro.

Dark Matter

Prophet
New champ looks banal shit boring. I don't even see the purpose of the boar. I thought they might introduce some interesting mechanic around it but it just seems to be there to make her visually more unique.

I didn't find Nunu fun to play but considering he's only 450 IP, you might as well try him out.

EDIT: Riven being nerfed only a few days after I bought her.
:rage:

Hellraiser

Arcane
True but I was hoping that she would stay under the "nerf needed" radar a bit longer. Still it took them longer to nerf her than Orianna who was also considered meh on release. I guess the fact that morons thought building her trinity-atmogs like everyone else is a good idea helped delay the inevitable. Still I wonder what the specifics of the nerf will be.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh god morgana is so OP. Even against a strong laner like malzahar she has no problems winning the lane and killing shit. Then you just teleport bot which is being pushed by 3 dudes and ult up and kill them all. Shield up, never CC'd.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Darth, do you seriously consider Malz to be the strong laner in a Malz vs. Morg battle? If so, tear of your sweater and let's take this outside!

I am not a Morg-fan. I don't especially like her as a champ. But fucking hell will I play her if she is not banned and we are first-pick. ESPECIALLY in solo-queue where she just straight up wins games.

She can lane against everybody, scales well, and loans herself well to poke AND team-fighting. And she has CC. Lots. And one of the highest total-damage spells which is also AoE. And a fantastic shield. And sustain.

she sooooo goooood

Over-powered? I dunno, actually... She's definetely top of the league one of the best champs, but deny her team-fights, counter-pick her completely... Fighting against her is doable, she's just very strong.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Darth, do you seriously consider Malz to be the strong laner in a Malz vs. Morg battle? If so, tear of your sweater and let's take this outside!

Malzahar is a very strong laner, so is Morgana. In my Malzahar experience, I've usually been on equal footing against her. Doesn't get outfarmed/pushed, can afk-farm pretty well and safely with E, and if you are lucky and bait her shield, you can even kill her with the supah high-powered combo. But usually, the lane is pretty much a stalemate.

You just have to develop a proper mindset when going against Morgana and remember that simply getting close and unleashing 11 barrels of hell won't kill her, as is the case with pretty much everyone else when you play Malzahar.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't even like playing Morgana and I have a 100% win percentage with her on ranked. (Only 4 out of 85 games, so it doesn't mean much.)
My second best is Janna at 65%.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Malphite is the fastest jungler in the game. Fact.
He's only one I can take blue with at level 1 then continue to wolves and wraiths and then take red at level 2 before my smite refreshes. And still be at full health with only 2 pots used. So at 3 minute mark hes ready to gank if theres opportunity. Awesome awesome jungle, I cant play him in lane anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom